Southampton tour, Jack style

Jack Sawyer

:P

I love the detail of this building

6XFOST4.jpg

Don't know what any of these building are, I guess I could look it up on google but don't have the time

R1KrGHv.jpg

Q1AWiVb.jpg

fruAlE4.jpg

I love the truck driving on the field, nice touch

d7IykD1.jpg

I imagine this to be a huge train yard?

MEklEAL.jpg

Let's take a look.

QUPwbwq.jpg

Follow that train!
mvwTcEw.jpg

Don't try this at home kids.

yyW69Fl.jpg

DSelIAj.jpg

Yep, I made it!

tgdqEbR.jpg

wHqqmJ3.jpg

drcZiH8.jpg

Looks like a giant LEGO building!

jk48VbJ.jpg

Martyn did this so I have to try it

IxHxdQP.jpg

nPGYS5F.jpg

jfJQQoz.jpg

hXt6Wot.jpg

SDzRKH0.jpg

Al7syOQ.jpg

vl0YYud.jpg

Lower the basket

j1jZE9c.jpg

Couldn't get the floats to deploy.  Anyone else ever get them to deploy with this chopper?

wi8MfzS.jpg

Just now, BradB said:

What a splashy set of shots Jack , and you are correct it is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southampton_Central_railway_station

I am thru their all the time the in my train simulator . :D:lol::rolleyes::)

Cheers

John

Thanks John!  I'd love to see it, I love trains. I loved New York's Grand Central but I liked the London trains stations better.

4 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Fantastic set of shots Jack where you train ing  plenty of trains  and Southampton is a super airport orbx have done a good job

regards  stewart

Thanks Stewart!  Yep, I was training! :lol:

Wonderful tour around Eastleigh and Southampton Jack, thoroughly enjoyed it.

The second shot is the old Ford works where the Transit van was made. It has now been demolished.

The railway yards have built locomotives and rolling stock since the 1890s. They were closed in 2006 but re opened again.

You flew under the Campbell Road bridge!

The Lego building is the Marchwood Incinerator.

You then flew up the Solent to see the Fawley Refinery.

The basket was lowered at Hamble Refinery, Hamble once being the home of the College of Air Training 

Follands had a factory there where the Gnat was built.

A wonderful series Jack.  Love the Dauphin in Maryland State Polica colors, my home State.  I use to see that bird all the time, there was a State Trooper barracks around the corner from my parents house, they had 4 of them stationed there.  That helo sounds super cool also due to the Finestron type tail rotor.

2 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

2 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Not totally yellow, but experimental flight action as we can expect from therealjacksawyer!

Thanks Gerold!  You never know what to expect :D:P

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful tour around Eastleigh and Southampton Jack, thoroughly enjoyed it.

The second shot is the old Ford works where the Transit van was made. It has now been demolished.

The railway yards have built locomotives and rolling stock since the 1890s. They were closed in 2006 but re opened again.

You flew under the Campbell Road bridge!

The Lego building is the Marchwood Incinerator.

You then flew up the Solent to see the Fawley Refinery.

The basket was lowered at Hamble Refinery, Hamble once being the home of the College of Air Training 

Follands had a factory there where the Gnat was built.

Thanks Martyn, and wow!  I appreciate all that info!  You are a veritable fount of excellent knowledge and trivia, I always learn something and new here.  All of this is very interesting to me!

46 minutes ago, Sammy H said:

A wonderful series Jack.  Love the Dauphin in Maryland State Polica colors, my home State.  I use to see that bird all the time, there was a State Trooper barracks around the corner from my parents house, they had 4 of them stationed there.  That helo sounds super cool also due to the Finestron type tail rotor.

Thanks Sammy!  So cool that you used to live there and see the real one.  I've never seen a real Dauphin and would be thrilled to see and hear one!

19 minutes ago, gregmorin said:

Great tour Jack. In shot #18 were you doing an extreme rocking chair deceleration or trying to loop the helicopter

Greg

Thanks Greg, I wasn't trying to loop this time actually, I was trying to "flare" to get into a stable hover, but you're right, I almost went loop de loop! :D

25 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, and wow!  I appreciate all that info!  You are a veritable fount of excellent knowledge and trivia, I always learn something and new here.  All of this is very interesting to me!

That is ok Jack, living in Southampton and Eastleigh for 6 years I knew and have visited most of the places in your set. 40 years ago now and there has been great change in the area of course. Places never stay the same but people are a different matter.;)5555!

23 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Super shots Jack.:D

Thanks Karl!

8 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

That is ok Jack, living in Southampton and Eastleigh for 6 years I knew and have visited most of the places in your set. 40 years ago now and there has been great change in the area of course. Places never stay the same but people are a different matter.;)5555!

:o

10 hours ago, Senchay said:

Lol^^ Amazingly amazing hehe. Thats some nice pics and what a "aircraft" you got there today ^^

Thanks Senchay!  I like it but just wish the flotation bags would deploy.  Can't figure it out.

3 hours ago, paulb said:

An excellent set of shots Jack! Great detail! :)

Thanks Paul, it is a neat area, I like it.

Archived