A Dauphin over Canberra

Jack Sawyer

Got tired of "the other guys" not delivering so I bought the Dauphin tonight.  It's 1000 times better!

Enjoy this little tour with two different times of day.  I loved looking at Canberra CityScape.  Everything maxed out.

GtbLS3I.jpg

sLCoC2e.jpg

L8iIkKm.jpg

6KISwYy.jpg

7nT4n0S.jpg

WYQ958r.jpg

ubGOK4I.jpg

bJbQudQ.jpg

dUevojm.jpg

6wmBkCV.jpg

Wish I knew what all these buildings were.

sAqNiZw.jpg

Xsf9xaH.jpg

LzEHbl5.jpg

4axCNJu.jpg

2zuP8zV.jpg

iYg5D7B.jpg

HAD to try it.

wzK7cN8.jpg

mEqVy9X.jpg

And now for some dawn lighting

5oyWjIV.jpg

53P8SXY.jpg

Zjijy7b.jpg

oBJwwnP.jpg

EBe8nJp.jpg

OH8I00J.jpg

cRADNSM.jpg

plEOwpW.jpg

VQJ2em7.jpg

yevWOpr.jpg

5oESz4T.jpg

7 minutes ago, flyingleaf said:

Oh wow Jack truly great shots and again amazing details. And of course turning your eggbeater into a real ceiling fan is priceless.:D Well done my friend.:)

:lol:  Thanks Karl!  It wasn't easy my friend!  I agree with you on the details.  The Cityscape was well worth it.

4 minutes ago, adambar said:

Beautiful shots from Canberra Jack, I like your new chopper as well! :)

Thanks Adam, I love this thing, I have some serious reading to do but it flys like a dream!

So you found another Carillon Jack :) I guess you were making too much noise in that egg beater to hear it :P

A lot of attractions in Canberra are located around Lake Burley Griffin are on National Capitol Authority (NCA) land. This site details many of them.

https://www.nca.gov.au/attractions-and-memorials/national-carillon

You may be aware that Burley Griffin, an American (and his wife) submitted the design on which Canberra is built in the 1900s.

In the next shot, you are flying over the suburb of Russell and the offices of the Department of Defence (now a lot bigger than depicted). A key feature is the Australian American Memorial. Erected by public subscription in 1953 it features a stylised American Eagle. I drive by it frequently. The Australian American memorial is an important symbol of Australian gratitude to American service personnel for their contribution to the defence of Australia during World War II.

Worth a read:

https://www.nca.gov.au/attractions-and-memorials/australian-american-memorial-and-sir-thomas-blamey-square

Aussie

Wow Jack, those shots are really outstandings! :) Canberra is really a beautiful city, apart its POIs (where there also is Orbx Research center eh eh eh), the landscape is fantastic. The autogen missing in shot 4 tells me that probably there is a suppression because the airport and the cityscape share the same autogen grids at their boundaries. Here there is a very good solution to the problem 

8 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Awesome set!

Thanks Dolf!  It's a nice area!

7 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

So you found another Carillon Jack :) I guess you were making too much noise in that egg beater to hear it :P

A lot of attractions in Canberra are located around Lake Burley Griffin are on National Capitol Authority (NCA) land. This site details many of them.

https://www.nca.gov.au/attractions-and-memorials/national-carillon

You may be aware that Burley Griffin, an American (and his wife) submitted the design on which Canberra is built in the 1900s.

In the next shot, you are flying over the suburb of Russell and the offices of the Department of Defence (now a lot bigger than depicted). A key feature is the Australian American Memorial. Erected by public subscription in 1953 it features a stylised American Eagle. I drive by it frequently. The Australian American memorial is an important symbol of Australian gratitude to American service personnel for their contribution to the defence of Australia during World War II.

Worth a read:

https://www.nca.gov.au/attractions-and-memorials/australian-american-memorial-and-sir-thomas-blamey-square

Aussie

Thanks Aussie!  Thanks for the links too, I'm gonna have a read after I look at the screenshots.  I love history like this, I get to learn so much here and when people like you who live there  post links like this it's always appreciated.  

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Powerful shots Jack , you found the Capital in shot #9 . B):rolleyes::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, I had no idea what I was looking for.  Thanks for the assist!

5 hours ago, mikee said:

Super Shots Jack , well done :)

Thanks Mike! :)

4 hours ago, paulb said:

Excellent series of shots and detail Jack! :). I am pleased that you found a new helicopter to fly.

Thanks Paul, yeah, I got tired of waiting and I think I'm gonna go on waiting.  :angry:

34 minutes ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Wow Jack, those shots are really outstandings! :) Canberra is really a beautiful city, apart its POIs (where there also is Orbx Research center eh eh eh), the landscape is fantastic. The autogen missing in shot 4 tells me that probably there is a suppression because the airport and the cityscape share the same autogen grids at their boundaries. Here there is a very good solution to the problem

Thanks a lot Maurizio!  I never knew there was a conflict.  I went to Mr. Dow's post and printed it out and will straighten it out later today.  I appreciate it!

7 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thanks you Iain!

1 minute ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, yeah, I got tired of waiting and I think I'm gonna go on waiting.  :angry:

Well there is a post on their forum which suggests that the 530 will be released really soon! :D

7 hours ago, Aussie123 said:

Wow.  Very interesting reads Aussie!  That was great.  I never knew all this either.

Wow Jack you have some super screen shots and well done you managed to go inverted in a chopper it was properly because it was yellow ,

i have reinstalled my pc and i have all orbx areas on my pc and all my orbx airports it has taken me a few days to do but every thing is on and i will be doing some flying further

afield i hope i do not get lost regards stewart 

4 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Excellent post Jack, I may have to pounce on another heli myself, kinda tired of waiting! B)

Thanks Roger.  I could tell you what I think our chances of seeing them are, and it's very humorous but not family friendly.  :o

4 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Wow Jack you have some super screen shots and well done you managed to go inverted in a chopper it was properly because it was yellow ,

i have reinstalled my pc and i have all orbx areas on my pc and all my orbx airports it has taken me a few days to do but every thing is on and i will be doing some flying further

afield i hope i do not get lost regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart!  It was very difficult to do, it was just a test, you know I do this with all my new flying metal.  Glad you have the PC back working again, what happened?

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful tour around Canberra Jack.

Some beautiful colours at dawn to go with your chopper!:)

Thanks Martyn, but as I type this my P3D is stuck at 6% loading and doing nothing for 10 minutes.  This is after I removed the files John Dow mentioned and changed the .bgl to .bgl.OFF.

So I may have to force close it and figure it out, not good at this stuff, I follow instructions only.

8 hours ago, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Well, I did as John's post suggested and now I can't get P3D to run, it either CTD's or was stuck at 6% loading.  It just CTD'd.

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Martyn, but as I type this my P3D is stuck at 6% loading and doing nothing for 10 minutes.  This is after I removed the files John Dow mentioned and changed the .bgl to .bgl.OFF.

So I may have to force close it and figure it out, not good at this stuff, I follow instructions only.

B*mh*les Jack, I hate it when something like this happens. :angry:

Hope you get your sim to run again soon.:P

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Well, I did as John's post suggested and now I can't get P3D to run, it either CTD's or was stuck at 6% loading.  It just CTD'd.

It must be catching , I tried to install OZx sceneries into 4.1 . Epic fail !! . So a complete clean installation of 4.1 for me . :angry::(:wacko::o

Cheers

John

28 minutes ago, BradB said:

It must be catching , I tried to install OZx sceneries into 4.1 . Epic fail !! . So a complete clean installation of 4.1 for me . :angry::(:wacko::o

Cheers

John

Holy soft malleable lumps of dung John.:o

Definitely keeping to my AUS with OZx only install of FSX AND to P3DV4.0B).

12 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Roger.  I could tell you what I think our chances of seeing them are, and it's very humorous but not family friendly.  :o

Thanks Stewart!  It was very difficult to do, it was just a test, you know I do this with all my new flying metal.  Glad you have the PC back working again, what happened?

nothing happened i just wanted to put all my orbx back on all areas and all my airports starting from scratch regards stewart 

10 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

B*mh*les Jack, I hate it when something like this happens. :angry:

Hope you get your sim to run again soon.:P

It's fine now Martyn, thanks!

10 hours ago, BradB said:

Cheers

John

Gosh John, you're right, something in the air?  That's a LOT of work, hence my addiction to Acronis.

6 hours ago, stewart1 said:

nothing happened i just wanted to put all my orbx back on all areas and all my airports starting from scratch regards stewart 

I see Stewart.

Archived