VC-10 at LOWI

andy1252

I saw this on FSElite, they announce all the new stuff coming out, like Orbx and this plane.  So I was wondering who would be the first to fly it here.  Well done Andy, this is a beautiful plane.  I love the twin engines in the tail, always have.  Four engines for safety and nicely packaged and designed.  BOAC always reminds me of the Beatles.  "Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC..."

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Saw it last night Andy. Very tempted but would like a RAF one. Great shots or a classic airplane! :)

Cheers, Paul - and I think there will be an RAF one in an upcoming expansion pack (or you could use the paintkit, I guess)

10 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

Amazing shots Andy. Such clarity.

Thanks! can't really fail though with the likes of LOWI

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thinks which freeware VC-10 has Andy found now

Hah! I was trying to stop all that malarkey. I'd just about finished a run of installs, getting thumbnails etc and got the announcement email. So, with my customary restraint . . .

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

"Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC..."

"couldn't get to sleep that night, on the flight the paperback was on my knee, boy I had a dreadful flight" Oh yes, been there, done that. Great song, and loved the opening sound effects. The BBC here just showed a documentary about the effect the Beatles had on the USSR.  Don't know if iPlayer works outside the UK, if not have a look on youtube, Jack, you might be able to get it. It's called 'Storyville (that's the series name) - How the Beatles rocked the Kremlin'. Wonderful doc, some great old clips, and strangely moving.

edited as I just checked the lyric. Should have been "on the flight the paper bag was on my knee, man I had a dreadful flight". Amazing, fifty years of the wrong lyric in my head. That's what comes of hearing a song on a 2 bob tranny radio in your youth. I dread to think what some of the songs I love so well actually say!

4 hours ago, adambar said:

Super set of shots Andy! :)

Cheers, Adam!

27 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

That's what comes of hearing a song on a 2 bob tranny radio in your youth. I dread to think what some of the songs I love so well actually say!

I can remember listening to the Beatles Show on Luxembourg on a Sunday night with the little tranny under the pillow as I was meant to be sleeping ready for school the next morning.

The missus brought me an I pod shuffle a few years back. Magnificent sound from something the size of a postage stamp.

That is what I call progress!:lol:

On 12/1/2017 at 8:54 AM, VH-KDK said:

listening to the Beatles Show on Luxembourg

Ah yes, the crackle and fade of 208 (I think it was). Soon to be replaced by Caroline, London, et al. If you've not seen it, try and find a copy of "The Boat that Rocked", maybe on youtube. Bill Nighy running a pirate radio ship - great stuff!

On 12/1/2017 at 12:46 PM, BradB said:

Wow - Andy these are sensational shots

Cheers, John. I suspect we'll see a few shots of this 'plane in coming weeks, it'll probably be a popular buy

On 12/2/2017 at 7:15 AM, mikee said:

Super Shots Andy !

Thanks Mikee!

22 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set these Andy

Cheers, Iain. Got any plans to get the VC-10? I'd love to see some of your shots with it.

19 hours ago, Wakashi said:

The shots look as grand as the plane they are showing off, well done.  BTW, just keep the c-card in your shirt pocket until after Christmas, or like I do, keep it in a quick draw holster! ;)

Cheers, Roger. And I don't need the holster unfortunately - I've got all the details memorised!

Archived