Watch the Birdy.

VH-KDK

Time to take the Birdcage for a flight.

1.bb1.jpg

Powering off from Bowerman.

2.bb2.jpg

Ocean Shores at the entrance to Grays Harbour.

3.bb3.jpg

Gray's Harbour with the Johns River in view.

4.bb4.jpg

Getting above the clouds.

5.bb5.jpg

The Colombia River at Clatskanie.

6.bb6.jpg

7.bb7.jpg

Close to St Helens.

8.bb8.jpg

Tualtin can be seen in the distance.

9.bb9.jpg

Over McMinville

10.bb10.jpg

The Willamette River approaching 7S5

11.bb11.jpg

Landed at Independence State at Monmouth.

Hope you enjoyed the flight.

17 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Outstanding!  I love this plane, doesn't it seem to have so much power?  I mean this plane can get to altitude in a hurry, almost like a jet!  And didn't it have something like a 13 foot diameter prop?  Huge for a plane of this size!

Thank you Jack, isn't it a wonderful powerful aircraft.:)

I think I am right in saying that the massive prop was the reason for the gull wing design to keep the u/c legs as short as possible.:unsure:

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Thank you Jack, isn't it a wonderful powerful aircraft.:)

I think I am right in saying that the massive prop was the reason for the gull wing design to keep the u/c legs as short as possible.:unsure:

That's what I think too.  I was just talking to my 86 year old uncle about this the other day, he remembers seeing them all the time.

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:40 AM, stewart1 said:

Super set of screen shots Martyn I enjoyed you flight and the captions on the flight as you go thanks my friend regards stewart 

Thanks for commenting Stewart.:)

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:36 AM, Stillwater said:

Bowerman and the climbout to Ocean Shores is an ever-so-beautiful area, thanks for showing it again, Martyn!

A wonderful area to fly around Gerold, some beautiful scenery to be seen.:)

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

That's what I think too.  I was just talking to my 86 year old uncle about this the other day, he remembers seeing them all the time.

Never seen a Corsair in RL, first time I was aware of it's existence was seeing a friends kit when I was very young and thinking what a strange plane it was.:)

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Never seen a Corsair in RL, first time I was aware of it's existence was seeing a friends kit when I was very young and thinking what a strange plane it was.:)

I loved it too, even built it in plastic and balsa.  It was the F4 Phantom of its day.

31 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I loved it too, even built it in plastic and balsa.  It was the F4 Phantom of its day.

I waited until the early 70s before I got the Airfix kit. I had a big collection of WW2 planes, all painted in their authentic colours. I had to them leave behind when I came to Australia in'81. I gave them all to the young kid next door and his dad said he was over the moon with them. Good to make people happy isn't it!:D

Now instead of having planes gathering dust on the shelf we can fly them on the FSim, never thought we would have this.:huh:

19 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Great set, if you have a VR headset the FS2 version is amazing, looking out the cockpit over that wing is amazing, the plane feels huge.

Cheers Ken, must be a wonderful experience but I can't see me going in this direction for a long time if at all!:o

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

I waited until the early 70s before I got the Airfix kit. I had a big collection of WW2 planes, all painted in their authentic colours. I had to them leave behind when I came to Australia in'81. I gave them all to the young kid next door and his dad said he was over the moon with them. Good to make people happy isn't it!:D

Now instead of having planes gathering dust on the shelf we can fly them on the FSim, never thought we would have this.:huh:

Good on ya as they say Down Under!  I live to help people and you’re right.  I never would have dreamed of this kind of computing power and the performance of the sim, couple that with Orbx’s stuff and I’ve never been happier to fly in my virtual world.

Archived