OF2 beta bliss in the PNW

Jack Sawyer

Warning, image heavy.

I'm having more fun than you can imagine.  Tonight I did something in P3Dv4.1 I could never do in 3.4.

With all settings maxed out except water animation (just don't like it), I flew in one flight from 11S, Seiku, to Friday Harbor, KFHR and then to KORS, Orcas.  AS4 weather, beautiful autumn foliage.

Everything Orbx has, Global, NA L/C, PNW, Vector, Trees, and all the PNW airports.  

Lemme tell you, I am one happy simmer!  Thanks Orbx, it was dumb of me not to do it sooner, this OF2 has finally made flying fun again, no VAS nonsense.

Sorry for so many, I was having so much fun and with the lights off the feeling of flight was amazing.

cbmK459.jpg

6tmCqBh.jpg

Oh no!  More deer!  I narrowly missed them!

AUlUV53.jpg

Isn't this so cool?!

eToK7CF.jpg

HMu7orc.jpg

On my way to Friday Harbor

jdWqrl5.jpg

SAQ3UMD.jpg

8IvOSCQ.jpg

wJKiY6n.jpg

x7kQCer.jpg

How many people down below are in their houses flying over Orbx scenery?  It's like a mirror in a mirror, infinite.  Sorry, I think goofy thought when I fly sometimes. :D

5SeEBNU.jpg

ou09UW0.jpg

Wish I had taken up golf, never played but it looks like fun

yNIrb8y.jpg

Does this water look okay? 

DEROMGe.jpg

IO7igyF.jpg

hwg5mm4.jpg

csXrQJi.jpg

There she is, Friday Harbor!

mu28zXg.jpg

zaXTWOs.jpg

SVt5QNs.jpg

Instant replay for the next two with a view from the tower

5PiSvEB.jpg

eVgkmvk.jpg

wNyhuju.jpg

dFOTMzh.jpg

MrerKEk.jpg

Details, details, details, this Is why I love Orbx stuff so much!

UfT4Zck.jpg

I'd rather be on the flying side of the fence!

M2eD52X.jpg

odjvVua.jpg

Just look at that cool sheet metal detail on the building

SXzqx5W.jpg

d3RuZbT.jpg

NM28Ryf.jpg

WW8kgsP.jpg

RQDEpyQ.jpg

uRVBG1p.jpg

Heading to KORS

3Q0LKTV.jpg

xUZJ0f0.jpg

jaWMP2d.jpg

12QRlXq.jpg

r5M6mVt.jpg

FV75p41.jpg

Look at those trees!  I love it!

0mbR9lq.jpg

db5m5V3.jpg

E4lKUEP.jpg

MEIF1IP.jpg

86y2obl.jpg

Time to park up and tie down

em3azml.jpg

GAX0MDS.jpg

20q0lLS.jpg

Thanks for watching and I know there's a lot but OF2 has dramatically changed things.

Gosh Jack! I would never keep that many shots in the right order!

Smashing series of shots my friend  :).

You are clearly enjoying getting all of your airports into P3Dv4. Not that I am surprised. The detail and object flow in Orbx airports is outstanding.

Beautiful Set Adam , Well done :rolleyes: 

I am experiencing an Autogen problem with 11s ( In my Prepared V 4.1 ) almost No trees and no Creatures :wacko: I have post my issue into prepar3d and Nick is trying to help me , but No luck up to Now !

I think it must be an Object flow problem !

Mike

9 hours ago, paulb said:

Gosh Jack! I would never keep that many shots in the right order!

Smashing series of shots my friend  :).

You are clearly enjoying getting all of your airports into P3Dv4. Not that I am surprised. The detail and object flow in Orbx airports is outstanding.

Thanks Paul, it's easy peasy.  All I do is transport them from the PC to the iMac on a USB drive, upload them to IMGUR as they stay in chronological order then post.  Take all of five minutes.

Lots of fun going to each one.  And since I had a lot of plans already printed out, airport to airport I saw in the Orbx manuals it gives me a double reason to test.

9 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful Set Adam , Well done :rolleyes: 

I am experiencing an Autogen problem with 11s ( In my Prepared V 4.1 ) almost No trees and no Creatures :wacko: I have post my issue into prepar3d and Nick is trying to help me , but No luck up to Now !

I think it must be an Object flow problem !

Mike

Thanks Mike, I saw your post on 11S, that's why I started there.  Now this is very baffling, why I should have trees and you don't.  Wish I could offer advice but this is uncharted territory for me.

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

That is a monster set Jack and every one wonderful to look at.

An exceedingly enjoyable flight too.

Looks so much better in V4.0.:)

Thanks Martyn!  I know it was a lot but I couldn't help myself, it was so relaxing, I can't wait to do some more testing.  I know Iain has shown most of the majors, I'll get to them but I reckon I'll start with the smaller ones in the PNW, CRM & and NRM.

5 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

What a superb set of screenies, Jack. I love everyone of them

Thanks Bernd!

5 hours ago, rockliffe said:

Great pics Jack. I suggest you now go to the doctor and get some anti-inflammatries for your wrist repetitive strain injury! :D Pleased you'r enjoying the sceneries.

:lol:  Thanks rockliffe!  Actually I had the A/P on most of the way from Seiku to Friday Harbor but hand flew it to KORS.

5 hours ago, ikbenik said:

Gorgeous serie of snapshots and a great tour made via 3 succeeding Orbx-airports. By looking the shots, It feels like beeing participating your flight, very well done.

Thanks kind sir!  That was my goal, to test the system with three in a major V3.4 OOM area with slider maxed and it worked beautifully,

1 hour ago, stewart1 said:

Wow Jack looks like you had a very enjoyable flight I now I got a lot of pleaser looking at your screen shots regards stewart 

Thanks Stewart!

14 minutes ago, BradB said:

I am glad you have sorted out things Jack with Orbx and 4.1 . Now you can go back to flying straight and level my friend . ;):rolleyes::unsure::D

Cheers

John

Thanks John, but you know it's a requirement for me to fly inverted every so often.  :D

Archived