Germany tour - got lost...

Jack Sawyer

Well, I took Bernd's advice, I started at Munich and flew west and wound up at LOWI!  The default LOWI as I'm not in the beta.

Sorry for so many screens, and I used a blue/yellow plane for Martyn @VH-KDK

I wanted to try to find Lake Constance but couldn't, so I ended up landing at a military base quite by accident and saw some military aircraft and equipment that @paulb might be interested in.

I landed at ETSA, Landsberg.  I also changed from autumn to summer mid-flight to see how it looks.

I gotta say, if anyone's sitting on the fence about this it's well worth it.  Orbx you did a wonderful job!

Also, Adambar's settings, PTA Absolute Haze, REX sky set 05, ASCA, HDR.  Thanks @adambar!  Also, no mesh, I was having conflicts with Orbx and the Freemesh X so I uninstalled it.  All settings full right and 4096.

Does anyone now if the regions such as GES, GEN, etc come with their own mesh?

auGaZ5K.jpg

3dGxZyX.jpg

2kRP3Al.jpg

CwV3Mv3.jpg

pCmCWto.jpg

Z0a8o09.jpg

N3MpA8z.jpg

Ssvyrfv.jpg

L47JpMq.jpg

UTsBHev.jpg

hLnRM8R.jpg

q07xPJl.jpg

0aPAFEB.jpg

CFWOwKZ.jpg

2FO3zvR.jpg

lfoKfLB.jpg

jzDneup.jpg

QkfFDH2.jpg

Didn't know it but was heading to LOWI!

zGtlRMx.jpg

3xDnwTK.jpg

vdWz5l8.jpg

cQFEYqe.jpg

zJlcC5L.jpg

LOWI

T7f6ow1.jpg

yRmrDyx.jpg

GqvZw6O.jpg

Bo9HbWA.jpg

Ready to land on ILS runway 25

UoCkauE.jpg

XvHdJWY.jpg

DwKS1h9.jpg

xDEfbhk.jpg

MVhRhqK.jpg

ucHJldi.jpg

n4p8Stn.jpg

9ZmIoPU.jpg

ACk1r5W.jpg

omMIPi6.jpg

Great series and flight Jack. Well done my friend! :)

Great spot on the Air Base. I am keeping a list! ;)

Yes, GEN and GES both come with their own mesh. In fact all of the 'full fat' regions apart from Ireland and Northern Ireland include their own mesh.

BTW, cool livery on your plane!

1 minute ago, paulb said:

Great series and flight Jack. Well done my friend! :)

Great spot on the Air Base. I am keeping a list! ;)

Yes, GEN and GES both come with their own mesh. In fact all of the 'full fat' regions apart from Ireland and Northern Ireland include their own mesh.

BTW, cool livery on your plane!

Thanks Paul!  Snd thanks for the mesh info.

I chose that livery for Martyn since he loves blue and yellow.

Those mountains, I was thrilled to see how real they look!

Great tour, buddy and as Paul already said: nice livery.

Depends on how long you flew north again after hitting LOWI, it could be Manching, where you landed. It's north of Munich. From there head south-west and you will reach Lake Constance. And no worries, I once flew from the military airport Fürstenfeldbruck (west of Munich) to Lake Constance and almost missed it too :)  Luckily my Luftwaffe instructor sat next to me. It cost me a case of beer.

5 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Great tour, buddy and as Paul already said: nice livery.

Depends on how long you flew north again after hitting LOWI, it could be Manching, where you landed. It's north of Munich. From there head south-west and you will reach Lake Constance. And no worries, I once flew from the military airport Fürstenfeldbruck (west of Munich) to Lake Constance and almost missed it too :)  Luckily my Luftwaffe instructor sat next to me. It cost me a case of beer.

Thanks Bernd!  I'm going to print this out and try again soon.  Must have been nice to fly this for real, I'd give 20 cases of beer to do that!

4 hours ago, flyingleaf said:

It's to be lost in such a beautiful area Jack.:blink:

Thanks Karl, I was only lost in the sense that I've never flown over Germany like this in real life.  As long as I have my trusty GN750 I'm good.  ;)

3 hours ago, stewart1 said:

Wow what a trip you have had Jack and super screen shots I enjoyed them thanks ,

Right if you go from Zurich airport  to Frankfurt you will come right across Lake Constance it is just above Zurich I hope this has help you Jack regards stewart , chat when I get back

Thanks Stewart, adding this to Bernd's text to print out for more exploring.  I wanna find that lake.

2 hours ago, BradB said:

Best set of shots so far out of GES IMHO !! .

Cheers

John

Gosh, thanks John!  Very much appreciate it.  

1 hour ago, Sniper31 said:

Fantastic series Jack, truly. Your PTS settings are looking just right, and I dig the choice of aircraft.

Thanks Landon!  Thanks to Adambar and some of my own tweaks I've never been happier flying over my little slice of Orbxland.

Excellent set Jack and thanks for thinking of me when choosing which colours to fly in.:)

7 hours ago, BradB said:

Best set of shots so far out of GES IMHO !! .

Cheers

John

I don't think you are wrong John, they are all so good.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Excellent set Jack and thanks for thinking of me when choosing which colours to fly in.:)

I don't think you are wrong John, they are all so good.

Thanks Martyn, you're welcome my friend.  Gotta choose blue as often as I can now.

5 hours ago, adambar said:

Simply beautiful Jack, I glad those settings worked out for you my friend! :)  Your shots have a nice natural clean look, Just what you were looking for, I think. :)

Thanks Adam and thank you for inspiring me and sharing your setting!  Yes, it's exactly what I was looking for. :)

Archived