Singusasong 3

VH-KDK

Are you ready? Hey are you ready for this,

Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?

FTX ENG, P3DV4 JF One eleven, REX TD EE.

11.ss3.jpg

My first jet flight was on sister ship G-BCWG and we flew past Bournemouth on our way to Faro.

Can you name the song? Quite a few coincidences too!

2 hours ago, TomL said:

" Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat yeah"

Clearly Queen: Another one bites the dust

Nice Picture!

Hit the bullet. I don't see the dust, but I like the song. Though the cover of that record looks awful.

3 hours ago, TomL said:

" Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat yeah"

Clearly Queen: Another one bites the dust

Nice Picture!

Thanks Tom, you are on target. The coconut is in the mail.

Queen is the Monarch and Monarch just Bit the Dust!

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Hit the bullet. I don't see the dust, but I like the song. Though the cover of that record looks awful.

Thanks Gerold, no dust around Bournemouth, but Monarch Airlines just bit it and you shouldn't judge a record by it's cover.:lol::lol::lol:

Incidentally, what don't you like about the cover? Remember it is nearly 40 years old.

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

Thanks again for having another go but it is Another one bites the dust by Queen.

Is there a Homer Simpson icon to tick? Like Doooh! :lol:

My brain clearly was not working today. 

2 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Yup, I knew it right away, Queen.  Good one Martyn!  I love these kinds of shots, nice plane and scenery and a mini-game.  Thanks for the fun. I never flew on one of those or even seen one in real life.

Well done Jack, glad you got it. The 1-11 was a common sight when I lived near Wisley, Vicker's then BAC's test facility. Then when I was 12 we moved to Bournemouth where they made the 1-11. Plenty flying around with British airlines when they entered service too.:)

5 hours ago, paulb said:

Is there a Homer Simpson icon to tick? Like Doooh! :lol:

My brain clearly was not working today. 

No problems Paul, just a bit of fun and I got one of Jack's wrong the other day too so we are in the same boat so to speak.

You are lucky you have a brain, can you send me a new brain from Currys over some when. The 13/6 one should do nicely.B)

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

No problems Paul, just a bit of fun and I got one of Jack's wrong the other day too so we are in the same boat so to speak.

You are lucky you have a brain, can you send me a new brain from Currys over some when. The 13/6 one should do nicely.B)

LOL! :lol:. The mad thing is ....I have every Queen Album :rolleyes:.

1 hour ago, paulb said:

LOL! :lol:. The mad thing is ....I have every Queen Album :rolleyes:.

I had one on 8 track, a couple on cassette and vinyl and Innuendo only on CD.

Saw them live in Melbourne, The Works tour. We went at the last minute and had seats end on to the stage but fairly high up. An excellent view and a top evening.

One can only wonder at the type of music Freddy would have written if he was still with us today.

2 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Saw them live in Melbourne, The Works tour. We went at the last minute and had seats end on to the stage but fairly high up. An excellent view and a top evening.

One can only wonder at the type of music Freddy would have written if he was still with us today.

I saw them in Bremen, my first concert ever. No seats for sure, but singing every word together with Mr Mercury. Has anyone here seen his statue at Lake Geneva?

44 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

I saw them in Bremen, my first concert ever. No seats for sure, but singing every word together with Mr Mercury. Has anyone here seen his statue at Lake Geneva?

Thanks Gerold, they were great days.:)

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

You were lucky to see them. I have a few of their concerts on DVD. A great group and an amazing showman in Freddie.

I would to have loved seeing Freddie and Queen in concert. I was old to listen to some of their music when it was first released, as I think Another One Bites the Dust is the first song I can remember hearing upon release. Many years ago, I bought their CD boxed set, and it is one of my most listened to sets ever since then. I love Queen.

16 hours ago, paulb said:

You were lucky to see them. I have a few of their concerts on DVD. A great group and an amazing showman in Freddie.

Thanks Paul, I was lucky enough to go to many concerts back in the 80s when I lived in Melbourne and they were not expensive in those days.

3 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I would to have loved seeing Freddie and Queen in concert. I was old to listen to some of their music when it was first released, as I think Another One Bites the Dust is the first song I can remember hearing upon release. Many years ago, I bought their CD boxed set, and it is one of my most listened to sets ever since then. I love Queen.

I can remember their first release back in 1973, The Seven Seas of Rhye.

Always liked the band's music and Freddie Mercury was an amazing talent.

The boxed set sounds interesting, shall have to look that up.:)

Archived