Germany North Discount

BBQSteve

1 hour ago, Patrice-ftx said:

This is not exact: The 50% should be applied to only those who own North, no more, no less.

Great idea! I would also suggest the following discounts

50 % for any NA Region, when already owing another NA region

100 % for any NA Region when already owing 2 other NA regions

150 %  for any NA region when already owing 3 other NA regions

200 % payback for any NA region when already owing 4 other NA regions

etc., etc....

The same of course for all the UK & Ireland regions. Oh, and yes also for NZNI & NZSI and AUS and, and and

If a discount is to be offered at all I think the discount should be given to loyal customers who have spent money on Germany North. Owning Germany North I would have jumped right in to complete the picture. I will now wait for an ORBX sale for Germany South. Most disappointed.

The concept of early adopters getting a discount when product finished is not a new one to Orbx or its customers.  Case in point was North American Land Class, which was marketed as an incomplete product to be finished at a later date.  When it was finished, early adopters were rewarded with a discount

Following that model it would not be absurd or unfair to ask for a discount if you already owned Germany north, please don't disparage those of us that do, especially in light of Orbx's reversed marketing strategy.

All that said, as a highly satisfied and long term customer of Orbx, I understand they have the right to sell their products as they see fit, just as I have a right to purchase their fine products as I see fit.

in the end, they (Orbx) must profit to survive to continue to make those fine products we all crave.  We should not begrudge them that.

-Braun

19 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

ROFLMAO.  Folks complaining they don't get a discount for a brand new product??  Really??

I caution you Stewart to remember this whole discussion was brought about by Orbx.  They offered a discount, an enticement to those who would like a complete and unified Germany.

just because GEN owners would like to take advantage of Orbx's offer for a discounted price for the whole of Germany does not make us foolish or unreasonable 

Just now, Braun said:

I caution you Stewart to remember this whole discussion was brought about by Orbx.  They offered a discount, an enticement to those who would like a complete and unified Germany.

just because GEN owners would like to take advantage of Orbx's offer for a discounted price for the whole of Germany does not make us foolish or unreasonable 

Just my opinion, but it certainly does!  We (and I include myself) bought GEN with no assurance that there would be a discount on GES when it came out.  The whole discussion of discounts for GES is truly a waste of bandwidth, imo.

Without having any data, I'm rather sure that 90% of the new GES buyers already had GEN before. It was never announced as a complete project with several stages, but as 2 separate projects. I'm sure the amount of work is a good reason for that. Of course we are all happy if there is a sale. But honestly.. if you compare the size of those 2 regions to Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland for example, I wouldn't have had the idea to ask for a discount, because it's just another full-fat region just as NRM and SRM, or NZNI and NZSI...

Correct me if I'm wrong but loyal customers of ORBX who have already bought Germany North at full price and now buy Germany South will have paid $109.90 or so. Those who have never bought an ORBX product before can buy both North and South for around $82.  ORBX can market the way they see fit but as I said I feel a little disappointed.

Well, I am simply delighted to see the release of Germany South. I think that the 'full fat' regions are unmatched in the FS industry. True, they are not cheap, but - when you consider what you are getting - they do offer good value for money. :) I just hope that Orbx continue to release them.

Have to say I agree with simdown42.

I bought GES as soon as it came out intending to buy GEN at a later date.

But when I later saw it being offered at a discounted rate grabbed it immediately.

If I'd bought GEN first at the full price I would have been pretty upset.

The discount should work both ways to be fair to all concerned.

With all due respect I think ORBX dropped the ball on this one.

Why would they?

New Zealand North Island you pay 100%

New Zealand South Island you pay 100%

Northern Rocky Mountains you pay 100%

Southern Rocky Mountains you pay 100%

Northern California you pay 100%

Southern California you pay 100%

North Germany you pay 100%

South Germany you pay a new release price for now but that will go down to match the others

But I will make you a deal to make you feel better, you can buy Southern Alaska full price and get Northern Alaska for nothing :lol:

But guys... GEN is already out for over a year. Of course they discount it. It was already discounted before by 48% (twice, I think), so probably a lot of people bought it already cheaper than the first buyers. I really do not understand what is unfair about discounting GEN now... You guys who have it already are enjoying it for some time... Guess what: In the next sale, which is maybe in November/December... GEN will be discounted _again_ , and GES most probably not...

Archived