Why I Still Use FSX With ORBX Scenery...................

Triplane

I have two reasons.....

1. In addition to all the ORBX products I have 975GB of add-ons and, unlike with P3D,  they all work.

2. The stuttering in both P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 is so bad  I can't stand it anymore.

Thanks for listening. End of rant..........Doug

Doug, I agree with you.  I have only ever installed Orbx scenery because of compatibility, too often I read of people having trouble adding other companies products, and to me I am more than happy with Orbx. It's so good to switch the computer on, and fly without any troubles.  Although I must add AFS 2 is very good too.

The only reason I use FSX SE dx10 right now is because my i7-2700k @4.7 , GTX 680 from 2012 is still absolutely amazing at running my setup, I can't justify spending the money to build a new rig, which was the plan when P3D V3 was released.

my Sim runs everything perfect! I fly all kinds of planes (have almost every major developer) long hall, short hall, into and out of Mostly ORBX Airports (I own almost all of them) and some others that must be fully compatible with FTX all at a smooth 30fps, I don't have CTD's and have "Never" had an OOM (don't even know what's supposed to happen when that happens) I am not exaggerating and do not care if some don't believe me.

I will be moving to a new sim sooner or later but I'm running this Rig until it melts.

That all being said, I am insanely jealous of the P3D V4ers and XP11ers with all the new fancy additions to the new upgraded Sims. I have shied away from the forums for a while after P3D V4 was released beacause of the Awesome Videos and screenshots that were being posted looked so good it was going to make me spend $5000 (Christmas and Vacation Money) on a new setup just so I can keep up with the times.

But for now and the foreseeable future I'm still and FSXer.

One day though, One day, I'll be a P3Der:P

I run FSX as well as P3Dv2.4 and V4.

FSX with just FTX AU installed because I like OZx. I have the A2A PA-28 and C172 along with a few favourite pay and freeware planes that wont work in P3D

I run P3DV2.4 as I have quite a few pay ware airports. It is the sim I can get most of my planes to work on including some obscure freeware ones.

I only use stuff on V4 that has a proper installer.

We all have different set ups with different end results so we have to use what is best for the individual.

Remember it is only a game pastime.:)

I am still using FSX because I am getting Cheap and Older and even more Cheap with age, and more stubborn, and like the birds...cheap, cheap cheap. 

FSX works for me and I couldn't be bothered migrating with the little spare time I get in life. I will migrate when it finally becomes really necessary to.

If people would understand that the settings in P3Dv4 are different from those in FSX (and P3Dv3), people would certainly not talk about better performance in FSX (or P3Dv3). It is amazing how many users obviously do not get this point, they use the same settings in P3Dv4 as they did in FSX and then they complain about the performance, not realizing that for example regarding autogen draw distance, the highest setting in FSX would be only "medium" in P3Dv4...

9 hours ago, Crewdog said:

Heck, I still have FS9 installed and use it occasionally.

Yes, me too,  Though more for "planespotting" at large hubs with AI & volume maxed out.  Great fun for the odd hour.

10 hours ago, Triplane said:

In addition to all the ORBX products I have 975GB of add-ons and, unlike with P3D,  they all work.

And a "ditto" from me.  Only fly bush and it does all I ask of it, without any problems.  Have started to use Aerofly FS2 but solely for the VR experience...early days with Oculus.

I've gone from FSX boxed to FSX Steam to P3D v3 and v4, then back to v3 again.....now I'm back with FSX Steam.

P3D v4 is obviously going to be a wonderful sim and no doubt I'll go back to it but only when I've get a set up to do it justice. I had low frame rates, stutters, blurries.....so I simply had it refunded. Then about three weeks back, after taking a few weeks off from simming, I re-installed FSX....using DX9 with JV's "Purple Haze". Simply wonderful! And I also realised just how much I'd missed the cosy friendliness of the sim; by comparison P3D is somehow cold and soleless.

Happily flying again!

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

If people would understand that the settings in P3Dv4 are different from those in FSX (and P3Dv3), people would certainly not talk about better performance in FSX (or P3Dv3). It is amazing how many users obviously do not get this point, they use the same settings in P3Dv4 as they did in FSX and then they complain about the performance, not realizing that for example regarding autogen draw distance, the highest setting in FSX would be only "medium" in P3Dv4...

Do you seriously believe that those of us who have been flight simming for 25+ years obviously don't understand these differences? You obviously do not understand the problem.........

Archived