Getting cross was the crowning moment.

VH-KDK

A very pleasant flight around the eastern part of the Garden of England.

FTX ENG, FTX Trees, P3Dv4, Flysimware Bell 47, REX TD EE.

1.kb1.jpg

Lifting off from EGKH Lashenden.

2.kb2.jpg

Approaching the village of Lenham with it's Memorial Cross.

3.kb3.jpg

Cut in 1922 it was filled in from 1939-45 so it could not be used for navigation by the Luftwaffe.

4.kb4.jpg

Passing Challock, EGKE.

5.kb5.jpg

Now at Wye which for a short time had an aerodrome during WW1.

6.kb5a.jpg

The Wye Crown was cut in 1902 to commemorate the Coronation of Edward 7th.

7.kb6.jpg

The M20 and railway yards at Newington, at the end of the yards is the entrance to the Chanel Tunnel.

8.kb7.jpg

Despite the usual objections to something new that most of us can enjoy, the Folkestone White Horse was completed in 2003 by volunteers including members of the famous Gurkah Regiment. Originally first planned in 1998 as a Millennium project, the numerous attempts to stop the project delayed it's completion. I think it is a beautiful design as do the Shepway District Council who have adopted it for their corporate logo.

9.kb9.jpg

The railway viaduct over Bradstone Road, Folkestone.

10.kb10.jpg

Sitting in Folkestone Harbour.

Hoped you enjoyed the flight.

14 minutes ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

23 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

Thanks Martyn for taking the time to point all the objects out that are doted around the eastern part of the garden of England .

And when you where sitting in Folkestone you where lucky a ferry was not coming into the harbour regards stewart  

Cheers Stewart. I am having a great time searching out these latest POIs most of which I have never heard of. Glad you are enjoying the flights too.

9 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Another fantastic tour, and a very good choice of equipment: That big lawnmower simply fits to the theme.

Cheers Gerold, I like the choppers. Much easier to hover and look at the POI than a Cherokee.:huh:

7 hours ago, scottharmes6 said:

Thanks for the great tour and history lesson!

No worries Scott, any time.

7 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Martyn! :) Very informative - I learn something new every day. I keep telling my wife that this forum is educational at times! :lol:

Thank you Paul. There is plenty of info to be had on the screenies forum. Some of it is even useful:lol:.

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent and entertaining and very useful information Martyn!  I love British history!

Cheers Jack, glad you enjoyed it and I like the history too.:)

5 hours ago, BradB said:

Lovely trip across jolly old England Martyn , have a great week my friend . :):)

Cheers

John

Top hole, old bean. You have a good week too.;)

12 minutes ago, Anthin Delahunt said:

Lovely shots Martyn.Thanks for taking me

along on your trip.

Anthin.

Cheers Anthin, you are most welcome to climb aboard any time!

Many thanks for your supportive comments which are greatly appreciated as always.

Archived