Test flights

Jack Sawyer

Looking very good Jack.

There are so many overlapping products now in the Textures & weather fields, I lose track & sometimes am not sure which ones are working in a flight.

(Eg, Envtex, Rex Textures Direct & Airport Buildings & Weathers & Soft Clouds, AS/ASCA etc)

Which "Rex" are you using??

TTM

7 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

It all goes together really well Jack.

Excellent set of views.

Thanks Martyn!

6 hours ago, fly37 said:

I think this are the best shots you did!

Thank you Gianni my friend!

4 hours ago, paulb said:

I have to say that the colours look excellent Jack! Well done! :)

Thank you Paul, I kinda like 'em too.

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Fine shots Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain.

5 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Looking very good Jack.

There are so many overlapping products now in the Textures & weather fields, I lose track & sometimes am not sure which ones are working in a flight.

(Eg, Envtex, Rex Textures Direct & Airport Buildings & Weathers & Soft Clouds, AS/ASCA etc)

Which "Rex" are you using??

TTM

Hi TTM, here's screens of my settings.

First, everything was Orbx, then I was using Adam Bank's latest PTA, and as for REX I'm using Iain's em3 but slightly modified.  Here's the screens, ASCA setting included.

2JaMMZC.jpg

VHyJ7N3.jpg

wV9ghAh.jpg

gDfZyEy.jpg

13 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Very realistic looking shots, Jack. And thanks for sharing your settings - soon I´ll come back to that (when I cross the river towards P3D).

Thanks Gerold!  Yep, I look forward to your new sim and shots!

Very interesting screen grabs Jack.

This was P3D v3.4?

It looks to me as though Envtex & Rex Texture Direct cover similar territory.

I have the Entex in v3.4, but Rex is back burnered.

I think I will try the Rex TD with Soft Clouds in v4.

If you have Rex TD with Soft Clouds & AS16/ASCA both active, who's clouds are you getting?? Or do they play together nicely??

Since you are a dab hand at the settings screen grabs I may request a few from your v3.4 set up.

Just need to sort out which ones.

TTM

24 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Very interesting screen grabs Jack.

This was P3D v3.4?

It looks to me as though Envtex & Rex Texture Direct cover similar territory.

I have the Entex in v3.4, but Rex is back burnered.

I think I will try the Rex TD with Soft Clouds in v4.

If you have Rex TD with Soft Clouds & AS16/ASCA both active, who's clouds are you getting?? Or do they play together nicely??

Since you are a dab hand at the settings screen grabs I may request a few from your v3.4 set up.

Just need to sort out which ones.

TTM

Hi TTM.  I'm using P3Dv4.

I never liked Soft Clouds, even in 3.4 so I always used ASCA.  And I should untick the two cloud boxes in REX because ASCA overrides REX's clouds anyway.

What screens grabs do you need?  I don't use REX anymore in 3.4 or ASCA, just AS4 for weather with the default cloud set from P3D 3.4.

Nor do I use a PTA in 3.4, I've been spending most of my time in V4 trying to get it looking good, all I really need is Orbx's stuff and I'll be finished with 3.4.  So in 3.4 I've been using Iain's HDR settings and nothing else really.

3 minutes ago, adambar said:

Fantastic combination you have there Jack, really nice! :)

Thanks Adam, it took a while but it's about as good as it'll get unless I learn PTA.  Waiting for Adam Bank's new PTA and see how that looks.  Hopefully tomorrow I can fly to my two new airports, bought 'me the other day but been so busy I haven't had a chance to go there, and it has to be in 3.4 too but I keep a close eye on VAS.

"Untick the 2 Rex boxes" -  handy info re clouds.

I'll come back later today with screen grab request & just do what you can.

I put Simstarter NG into v4 yesterday & dealing with the 'oops" - not quite that bad, but Simstarter & PTA were wresting in the dust a bit & I had some weird elevations. S45 in a canyon. It didn't turn up on the Vector list so I uninst/reinstalled & that fixed it. Simstarter NG in v3.4 has been tamed & does a good job feeding in the parts of the world I want in a flight & keeping the others out.

My main problems in v4 are that I am getting scenery  shimmering ahead of the aircraft when viewed from 'following the aircraft" view, & airport white lines do a 'break dance' as you fly over them.

Plus massive stuttering out of Southampton.

So I am casting about for a good set of  v4 settings hoping that may fix things.

As more stuff is added on to v4, things can get a bit messy.

When I first loaded v4 & had very little in it I was getting 100 fpfs out in the country. Now I get about 50 fps & drops down to 30 or a bit less around towns.

TTM

Jack

Screen grabs - only if they don't drive you nuts.

Very interested in your settings.

P3D v3.4

P3D Scenario Set Up - Options - Settings -

1 each of Graphics, Scenery & Lighting.

P3D v4

Options - Graphics

1 each of Display, World, Lights.

Thanks

TTM

3 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack

Screen grabs - only if they don't drive you nuts.

Very interested in your settings.

P3D v3.4

P3D Scenario Set Up - Options - Settings -

1 each of Graphics, Scenery & Lighting.

P3D v4

Options - Graphics

1 each of Display, World, Lights.

Thanks

TTM

Easy peasy TTM, I'll probably email them to you, but gimme a few hours as I have real stuff I need to do.

Also, I use a bunch of graphics settings, one for heavy jets, one for low and slow short flights, and others.  So it will be image heavy.

35 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Easy peasy TTM, I'll probably email them to you, but gimme a few hours as I have real stuff I need to do.

Also, I use a bunch of graphics settings, one for heavy jets, one for low and slow short flights, and others.  So it will be image heavy.

Email is good.

We are probably a bit off topic now. :)

TTM

23 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Adam, it took a while but it's about as good as it'll get unless I learn PTA.  Waiting for Adam Bank's new PTA and see how that looks.  Hopefully tomorrow I can fly to my two new airports, bought 'me the other day but been so busy I haven't had a chance to go there, and it has to be in 3.4 too but I keep a close eye on VAS.

Jack, I usually ending up tweaking the PTA to my liking anyway in the graphic section. Like Adam said, every system is different and it is.:)

Archived