Go around.

Jack Sawyer

This is the flight I took last evening, my wife and I were making a flight (well she watched) from Denver to San Fransisco.  Same PMDG 747 tutorial flight.

I did not have AS4 on, and the sliders were set back and other settings changed.

The fans were not screaming either.

All went well except I made a mistake at TOD so I had to go around twice but I finally got it set up with LAND3 and made a perfect autoland.

Then I shut down the plane itself.

Then I brought the service trucks via the CDU menu and then I shut down the sim.

But, when I shut down the sim, I got a box saying Prepar3D has stopped working!

All Orbx regions. V4.

skPbPaL.jpg

qGWvWsA.jpg

yhzAQvG.jpg

lhL1HXe.jpg

46iq7ue.jpg

Iz7BNrk.jpg

QnJVSF3.jpg

y6HBXAX.jpg

DsSt0C3.jpg

yguPXMR.jpg

fwpDppL.jpg

2G4unwG.jpg

VSAkdIW.jpg

s7biubq.jpg

QYX2QGA.jpg

6shRlp2.jpg

KShzQ7h.jpg

CgQnlwo.jpg

XFp2oHO.jpg

f3MCn0v.jpg

dywd7Tb.jpg

DEKhik5.jpg

"Call me a service truck."  "Ok, you're a service truck." :lol:

IaCBClc.jpg

OApSCIw.jpg

yVzvbol.jpg

HML5PQY.jpg

yqIDvkx.jpg

otPJrih.jpg

Great looking the Queen, as ever. Especially in the roo livery.

Really bad news to read about your sim crashing, I expected this time would be gone with your 64 bit sim? Moreover as you were just using the default airports (I have both of them upgraded, which would naturally end in an OOM).

6 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

:D

7 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Excellent captures in any way Jack!

Thanks Erik!

6 hours ago, Neptune6 said:

Hi jack nice shoot , on TARMAC you open all the door  ..... A skunk was in the cabin ?? :P

Patrick

Hi Patrick, wouldn't I normally open all the doors on the tarmac is I was going to service the plane?  No skunk, thank goodness.  Although I have seen mummified snakes behind the sidewalls in real life when we overhauled the big jets.

6 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Absolutely stunning shots,Jack!!

Christal clear!!!

Scott

Thanks Scott!

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Fantastic set of shots indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

3 hours ago, Taph said:

Super set Jack

Thanks Taph!

2 hours ago, GHaukland said:

wow, cracking shots M8. Liked best number 10-13 and 14. Nice bird too :)

Thanks G.  She's my favorite jet of all time.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Great looking the Queen, as ever. Especially in the roo livery.

Really bad news to read about your sim crashing, I expected this time would be gone with your 64 bit sim? Moreover as you were just using the default airports (I have both of them upgraded, which would naturally end in an OOM).

:D

Thanks Gerold, yes, I need RAM but don't know if I should just wait till September when it goes back to Jetline for a complete upgrade.

3 minutes ago, stewart1 said:

really very good screen shots  Jack where you using the settings I sent you regards stewart

Thank you Stewart!  I used a combination of your's and mine.

1 hour ago, Stillwater said:

Thanks Gerold, that's one of my gags.  A Tech Sergeant in the Air Force when I was working F-111's in England said this to me back in 1983.  I was working a fuel probe problem  and since he was the guy in charge I said I needed fuel so could he call me a fun truck.  So he said, "Ok, you're a fuel truck."  We laughed so hard at that for hours.

If the worst part of your day is a OOM , then I would say your having a pretty good day Jack . Marvelous shots my friend , we came right over your house Jack on approach to 8L at KATL . I spotted your yellow corvette in the driveway . :rolleyes::P:lol:

Cheers

John

7 minutes ago, BradB said:

If the worst part of your day is a OOM , then I would say your having a pretty good day Jack . Marvelous shots my friend , we came right over your house Jack on approach to 8L at KATL . I spotted your yellow corvette in the driveway . :rolleyes::lol:

Cheers

John

It was more than an OOM John, this was P3Dv4.  So I ran out of physical memory.  The wife says we can buy some more so I have the Jetline guys fixin' to call me tomorrow.

Yup, you would have flown directly over my house.  What kind of plane?

And my Vette is Monterey red, I'd like a yellow one someday. :)

Besides, I was running around town all day, I had to get a new debit card because someone somehow got my info and tried to rip me off, the police had to be involved and then two cars had to have emissions and ad valorum rip-off tax.

Was a very hectic day and it was 100 degrees here. 

And I'm glad you liked my shots John.  Hope was your trip?

Hope you are your daughter are well, I missed you here my friend.

3 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Gianni!  Hope you're doing well.

Yes I do.. busy days anyway...

You write: and the sliders were set back and other settings changed.

Can you please  PM me this setting you used?

It was a Mad Dog 90 and we touched down just before 8:30 AM on Sunday . I knew I was close to your place because the College Park water tower was just south of our flight path . Thanks for keeping the humidity down for us , it was appreciated . We had a good visit with my daughter and the five grand girls . :):)

Cheers

John

5 minutes ago, BradB said:

It was a Mad Dog 90 and we touched down just before 8:30 AM on Sunday . I knew I was close to your place because the College Park water tower was just south of our flight path . Thanks for keeping the humidity down for us , it was appreciated . We had a good visit with my daughter and the five grand girls . :):)

Cheers

John

Nice!  The College Park water tower is very close to the airport.  Seen it a million times.  Go about five more miles west and we could have had a beer!  The old MD-90, at least they're a lot quieter than their cousins the 88's.  The skies are lousy with 'em here.

Humidity down on Sunday!?  It was 99%, man, it was terrible.  

I'm really glad you had a good visit, it must have been a real treat to see your granddaughters.  Good for you John, I'm happy for you.

15 minutes ago, fly37 said:

Yes I do.. busy days anyway...

You write: and the sliders were set back and other settings changed.

Can you please  PM me this setting you used?

Almost missed this post Gianni, sure thing.  I'll make sure to do it tomorrow when I get back from an appointment.  I'll take screen shots and IMGUR them to you.  

There is something missing from this set Jack... can't put my finger on it :P

Great set, despite the boring lack of acrobatics :lol: .. shame about the OOM; I guess a complex sim, within a complex sim is too much for 8GB now [I'll stick to simple stuff and see if I continue to get away with it :ph34r: ]

7 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Almost missed this post Gianni, sure thing.  I'll make sure to do it tomorrow when I get back from an appointment.  I'll take screen shots and IMGUR them to you.  

At your time Jack... thanks

6 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

There is something missing from this set Jack... can't put my finger on it :P

Great set, despite the boring lack of acrobatics :lol: .. shame about the OOM; I guess a complex sim, within a complex sim is too much for 8GB now [I'll stick to simple stuff and see if I continue to get away with it :ph34r: ]

:lol:  Thanks Mark.  Yep, yellow and inverted.  I'll have to make some soon.  I plan on continuing my Australian tour in 3.4 and we'll have some yellow and inverted.

The wife is making a way to find the coin for more RAM.

4 minutes ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hi Jack, today I walked across the bridge that spans across the local river here and the water looked exactly like in your shots, had to smile and remember you caps!

Cool!  Thanks Erik, it's all default Orbx regions and Iain's HDR settings.  Nothing fancy added to the sim yet.

7 hours ago, adambar said:

No inverted flying on that flight, that explains why all the doors were open. :unsure:  Everyone was in a rush to get off before the next flight. :D  Super shots my friend! :)

:lol:  I had to laugh out load that that Adam!  They heard rumors of this goofy pilot who likes to fly inverted!  Thanks for your kind words Adam!

Archived