Iain's settings part 2

Okay, so I took Iain's advice and installed his REX theme, restored system to pre-PTA settings, and went to my newest Australian airport, YMND.

Most of them are with AS16 off, the last several with a different color sky is with real weather on.

I'm very happy, most impressed and plan on keeping these, I will try Patrick's too though.  But I have wanted mine to look like Iain's for a while and here they are.  

I made only one change to improve frames in the last two or three shots, and that was to go to 2046 instead of 4K.

uIAgGAC.jpg

YJrrctv.jpg

7oi8JUJ.jpg

jnQyvmL.jpg

PZT5FzT.jpg

You guys knew this was coming right?

0q7FYug.jpg

mStb1dr.jpg

IcIAIH2.jpg

Now with AS16 on with real weather

2kPtpwe.jpg

vfEBZUJ.jpg

eDGe9tG.jpg

iOQv9Hg.jpg

Y9u2ZmK.jpg

4nWgRII.jpg

Just now, Julio Garcia said:

I like very much Jack. The Water color are amazing. Shots 3,4,5 SuperB colors.

Thanks Julio, but all the credit goes to Iain for sharing his settings.  I disabled PTA, installed his REX theme, and made the same HDR settings and voila, instant Iain shots.  :lol:

They really make the water look amazing, I thought the same myself when I was just flying a little bit ago.

2 minutes ago, Julio Garcia said:

REX Overdrive???? Can you post the settings here??? I have REX Essential + Overdrive (FSX). I think you need only a little more contrast

Hi Julio, I have REX TD HD, so In another post Iain said to use his theme, here's the exact quote...

Jack you can try my Rex 4 settings if you want search for em4.

cheers

Iain

So I ran REX and did a search for em4, installed it and it looks terrific.  Hope this helps my friend!

Hi Jack,

Great shots! Love the usual upside down one :D

Feedback - not criticism in any shape or form - for me the shots are very slightly dark and the whites on the aircraft are a little too bright.

It could be my monitor settings etc. Or it may just be my personal preferences ;)

Anyway, I am only trying to assist you my friend.

Cheers

Paul

4 minutes ago, paulb said:

Hi Jack,

Great shots! Love the usual upside down one

Feedback - not criticism in any shape or form - for me the shots are very slightly dark and the whites on the aircraft are a little too bright.

It could be my monitor settings etc. Or it may just be my personal preferences

Anyway, I am only trying to assist you my friend.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul!  I agree, there will be some minor HDR adjustments.  Since removing PTA I'll only have three adjustments to make.  Always seeking better screenshots, even if they're inverted. :lol:

Lookin' good, Jack. Definitely the sort of colour tones that I prefer. And yes, Paul's comment about the whites - I have trouble getting the balance right. For me, it varies very much depending on the camera angle of the shot - I can move the camera up or down a bit and the aircraft will catch the light and flare enormously, and when I try and correct, it can suddenly feel like the sun just went behind a big dark cloud and the whole picture has gone gloomy on me. Still haven't figured that one out. Playing with the HDR settings just moves the 'hot spot' up or down the scale usually - I just get the flare-up at a different sort of angle.

3 hours ago, Stillwater said:

Amazing developments, Jack. I really like the shots with AS16.

Thank you Gerold, I do to, it changes the color of the sky to a nice blue.

3 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lookin' good, Jack. Definitely the sort of colour tones that I prefer. And yes, Paul's comment about the whites - I have trouble getting the balance right. For me, it varies very much depending on the camera angle of the shot - I can move the camera up or down a bit and the aircraft will catch the light and flare enormously, and when I try and correct, it can suddenly feel like the sun just went behind a big dark cloud and the whole picture has gone gloomy on me. Still haven't figured that one out. Playing with the HDR settings just moves the 'hot spot' up or down the scale usually - I just get the flare-up at a different sort of angle.

Thanks Andy!  Couldn't agree more, it seems it's very difficult, as Adam banks says, to find a perfect setting for all times of day.  But this is now a new thing for me and I really like it. I'll be doing some fine tuning but I have to say, I have always been struck by the what I call, "warm and fuzzy" look of Iain's shots.  So I'm glad I went with this look, it makes me want to fly everywhere now!

10 hours ago, adambar said:

Lokks mighty fine to me Jack, great job! :)

Thanks Adam!

8 hours ago, BradB said:

Now were talking Jack , these shots look marvelous !! .

Cheers

John

Thanks John, P3D without PTA with Iain's settings is just right for me now.

3 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful set Jack and a great improvement over the last lot I saw.

Thanks Martyn, yeah, there was a PTA conflict.

3 hours ago, Mark Abdey said:

Yep, these have that distinctive Emmsie look to them Jack, with that lovely soft glow B)

Thanks Mark, that's exactly the look I was seeking, that soft glow.

Archived