My first visit to Alice Springs

I have to say this is a beautiful yet Mars-like area.  I didn't know just how huge it is.  So I did some helicoptering around for a few minutes testing VAS with the new drivers from NVIDIA.  100% success!

I would never be here if wasn't for the sale!  I love it!  Thanks Orbx guys!

WC9qlRr.jpg

CnoNW4C.jpg

5EzAgdW.jpg

ppTXSyN.jpg

MkZnTf0.jpg

Looks like Georgia where I live, we're lousy with red clay.  I'd like to get that old CD they made, a slideshow back in the 90's called "From Alice To Ocean."  I just looked at Amazon, it's a book.  On my to buy list.  I'll bet it too is very interesting reading.

Welcome to the red center of OZ Jack. From Alice a trip to Ayers Rock is a must. Create a VFR flight plan and try it. You'll find the most bleak, monotonous scenery and the biggest sacred rock God has ever created. Keep you camera ready mate.

Cheers,

Les

Just now, hwh86 said:

Welcome to the red center of OZ Jack. From Alice a trip to Ayers Rock is a must. Create a VFR flight plan and try it. You'll find the most bleak, monotonous scenery and the biggest sacred rock God has ever created. Keep you camera ready mate.

Cheers,

Les

Thanks Les!  I was fixin' to ask, what heading from Alice?

Beautiful set from the Red Centre Jack.

You are covering more ground than the Leyland Brothers this morning.

15 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Reminds me a bit of west Texas.  Recommended reading "A town like Alice" by Nevil Shute or as the three part PBS miniseries.

I will go one further OD and recommend any of Nevil Shute's books. I thoroughly enjoyed them all.:)

Just now, VH-KDK said:

Beautiful set from the Red Centre Jack.

You are covering more ground than the Leyland Brothers this morning.

I will go one further OD and recommend any of Nevil Shute's books. I thoroughly enjoyed them all.:)

I'd give up-votes but I'm over my limit :rolleyes:

Thanks Martyn, I didn't realize till this sale just how pretty and diverse this continent really was.  It's beautiful.  You could spend a lifetime exploring just it!

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

I'd give up-votes but I'm over my limit :rolleyes:

Thanks Martyn, I didn't realize till this sale just how pretty and diverse this continent really was.  It's beautiful.  You could spend a lifetime exploring just it!

You have yet to go to Tassie or SW Western Australia. Oz is a big place.

10 hours ago, tom2rific said:

superb set of shots of Alice Jack..the colours are spot on and the detail looks great !

tom

Thanks Tom, I love it there!

7 hours ago, adambar said:

Beautiful shots of Alice Springs Jack! :)

Thanks Adam, it's quite the place.

6 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Splendid set these Jack.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain!

6 hours ago, paulb said:

Well done Jack! That is some amazing scenery! :)

Thanks Paul, isn't it?  It's amazing.

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

I will soon martyn, to be sure.  Gotta get in these posts before the ATA&T guy comes to set up fiber.

5 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Great shots, Jack. And ain't Alice purty?

Thanks Andy, it sure is.  All that desert is very beautiful, love to go there some day.

4 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Wonderful shots, Jack, brings back happy memories. From there the missus and I went on to see the Olgas and Ayers Rock. In those days you were still allowed to climb it, so i did ;)  

Thanks Bernd!  You lucky guy, I'd love to see it in person.  Must have been an amazing climb.  Maybe you can do like Gerlod does and post some real and sim shots?

16 hours ago, hwh86 said:

Cheers,

Les

Correct. Do it VFR, do not forget the MacDonnell Ranges and Gosses Bluff crater. Interim OZx landing spots are Hermannsburg and Areyonga.

12 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Sure he has. But perhaps we better keep it secret?

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Paul, isn't it?  It's amazing.

Cheers Jack! :). About 2010/2011 I got into orbx scenery. I started with PNW, and then because of not many releases, I ventured into Australia - bought quite a number of airports.

I do need to revisit Australia. All of my purchases then were on DVDs, so I don't get access to the latest updates. Still waiting for the transfer.

I must get back there again! :D

In the meantime, I have been enjoying the sale ( like you) and purchasing regions and airports that I would probably not purchase at full price.

Cheers

Paul

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack.

I  have Orbx AU Australia, so the foundation is there.

Now need to sort what put on it.

I think Alice is a starter though, based on your shots.

TTM

Thanks TTM!  To be sure get it.

51 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Correct. Do it VFR, do not forget the MacDonnell Ranges and Gosses Bluff crater. Interim OZx landing spots are Hermannsburg and Areyonga.

Sure he has. But perhaps we better keep it secret?

Can't wait!

46 minutes ago, paulb said:

Cheers Jack! :). About 2010/2011 I got into orbx scenery. I started with PNW, and then because of not many releases, I ventured into Australia - bought quite a number of airports.

I do need to revisit Australia. All of my purchases then were on DVDs, so I don't get access to the latest updates. Still waiting for the transfer.

I must get back there again! :D

In the meantime, I have been enjoying the sale ( like you) and purchasing regions and airports that I would probably not purchase at full price.

Cheers

Paul

Fun!

4 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Nice set Jack.

I  have Orbx AU Australia, so the foundation is there.

Now need to sort what put on it.

I think Alice is a starter though, based on your shots.

TTM

Go to aussiex.org. All free.

11 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Had a look - seems to be a particular order in which you should download files, or 'packages' of files??

& do they blend ok with Orbx??

They blend with Orbx, they started what later became Orbx. Yes they should be installed in a logical order, indicated by the version number, they are worth it. They produce all the airports to complement Orbx not to compete against them. The quality is superb and it's free. It is good form though to make a donation.

Archived