AI traffic

Jack Sawyer

I don't know if this is a good place to put this question and mods please remove it if it's not appropriate.

Has anyone tried the new Ultimate Traffic Live yet?

If so is it a VAS killer?

Is it any good?

I have P3D and would like some traffic, I have Orbx's AI traffic which is nice but it's just GA.  I'd like some big jets too as the airports I fly to are ghost towns.

Thanks.

I've been using it Jack & so far I'm very happy with it. From what I can tell it hasn't had an impact on FPS or VAS for me but then I haven't been measuring either.

I can still complete a flight I could complete before without running into issues while using it if that makes sense.

I got it and like it.  You can try it and if you don't like it you got 30days to return it.  It makes the airports and air ways a lot nicer. Its fun just to sit there and listen and watch all the aircraft moving about the airport with ATC. If you own a previous version you get a 40% discount.

4 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

No I have not tried it Jack but I must get my AI traffic going again.

As you say empty airports just don't look right.

Yeah, it's creepy actually.  I land and there's nothing, not one plane unless there's static planes like at KSAN or LOWI.

2 hours ago, johnnycrockett said:

I've been using it Jack & so far I'm very happy with it. From what I can tell it hasn't had an impact on FPS or VAS for me but then I haven't been measuring either.

I can still complete a flight I could complete before without running into issues while using it if that makes sense.

Thanks Johnny, that's what I needed to hear.

2 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

This new UT is still in beta or is it officially been released?  I still have UT2 and it works fine.

Hi Stew, I had the old UT2 installed per Elaine (Poppet's) instructions but I uninstalled it, took up too much VAS.  Not officially, funny how more and more companies are doing this, selling something still in beta, or alpha!

1 hour ago, FreeBird said:

I got it and like it.  You can try it and if you don't like it you got 30days to return it.  It makes the airports and air ways a lot nicer. Its fun just to sit there and listen and watch all the aircraft moving about the airport with ATC. If you own a previous version you get a 40% discount.

I think I can get the 40% as I have the original.  I used to love and sit and just watch the AI traffic all day.

24 minutes ago, Ken Terry said:

Freebird, may I ask if it covers the world, or is it just USA airports?

Thanks

Ken

Ken, it covers the world as far as I know, I have loaded up KSFO, KDEN, EGKK, LOWW, YSSY, YMML and all of these airports had traffic much better than MT6 in my opinion.

I bought it this week and can also say that it makes a huge difference. 

There is really a lot going on and, like FreeBird said, it's really fun just to sit there and watch all the planes being busy. 

I got the sliders to 100 % in the control app and 0 % in the sim itself and did not regonize any impact on fps or VAS, what really puzzled me. 

The best things is that the planes depend on the location. 

In Honolulu you can see besides the big planes a lot of island hoppers summing around. In Anchorage, for example, are a lot more props and turbo props than big jetliners. Whereas Schiphol is dominated by big blue KLM fatties :D

Feels authentic. 

• 1 month later...

I have it and I confirm, this is the AI traffic I was waiting for.

You have to set your area, then the time and launch the traffic simulation:

You will find very realistic traffic everywhere, and even at 100% small airports will have poor traffic as it should be, and of course big airports will be full.

Nice models to compare to my traffic, very nice sound too (specialy compared with the terrible UT2 sounds).

No FPS impact.

I don't regret.

1 minute ago, NN_Avirex said:

I have it and I confirm, this is the AI traffic I was waiting for.

You have to set your area, then the time and launch the traffic simulation:

You will find very realistic traffic everywhere, and even at 100% small airports will have poor traffic as it should be, and of course big airports will be full.

Nice models to compare to my traffic, very nice sound too (specialy compared with the terrible UT2 sounds).

No FPS impact.

I don't regret.

I have it but it's hit or miss crashy.  Sometimes when I shut down P3D it'll shut down the client, most times not.  But for something that's still in beta I love it.  Especially like seeing Qantas planes in Australia!  I will never get tired of that kangaroo on the tail, I hope they never change it.

I don't know if this is a good place to put this question and mods please remove it if it's not appropriate.

Has anyone tried the new Ultimate Traffic Live yet?

If so is it a VAS killer?

Is it any good?

I have P3D and would like some traffic, I have Orbx's AI traffic which is nice but it's just GA.  I'd like some big jets too as the airports I fly to are ghost towns.

Thanks.

I see three advantages of UT Live over UT2. First, the user interface is improved. Second, the AI schedules are updated. Third, it installs natively into P3dV3.

But don't expect either any big performance improvements or a host of improved models and updated liveries. I'm hoping that we see both in the future.

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Jack

Did you get UTLive?

If so from where?, & initial impressions.

Thanks

TTM

Hi TTM, yup, bought it a Flight1, it's a pre-release or whatever they wanna call it.  It works great, when in Australia I have Qantas, when in Atlanta I have DAL, when in KSAN I have SW.  I love it but sometimes I get a client stopped working box when closing P3D.  They're working on the final release, but I was really lonely in my little world so I bought it.  I like it and recommend it.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi TTM, yup, bought it a Flight1, it's a pre-release or whatever they wanna call it.  It works great, when in Australia I have Qantas, when in Atlanta I have DAL, when in KSAN I have SW.  I love it but sometimes I get a client stopped working box when closing P3D.  They're working on the final release, but I was really lonely in my little world so I bought it.  I like it and recommend it.

I had a look at Flight 1 & could only find v2.

Is the Live tucked away somewhere?
D/Loading FSW at the moment. 15 Gb zipped to 33 Gb full I believe.

Early users  are offering the usual gamut of reactions - horrified through to I like it.

Time will tell.

TTM

After some various flights with UT live I'm still not able to say if it's a VAS killer or not.

It doesn't get the situation better for sure, and I had  a few OOM recently but I also use active sky next and AFCA and it doesn't help at all.

Some recent planes are more than suspect too (JSS simulation Transall or Carenado piper Cheyenne).

At the end it's almost impossible for me to tell who's responsible here.

I had a flight tonight from LEGR (Granada, Spain) to LPPT (Lisboa, Portugal). Nearly two hours .

The aircraft was a Carenado DO 228.

Altitude 20000 Ft.

Both airports had an active addon scenery, I had my P3D settings at very dense , traffic set at 100% in the sim, 60% in UT live and ASCA on with a heavy weather on departure and very cloudy at destination.

I had a maximum VAS at 2200 MB after take off, then it stabilized at 1500, maximum 1600 MB for landing even passing at low altitude above Lisboa.

At the end ASCA and UT live didn't make any VAS issue.

It seems to depend much more on the scenery you fly above and the aircraft VC.

Archived