Where to go from Munich...?

Stillwater

Time for boarding, but - as you can see - not for a short distance flight...

2017-4-1_14-51EDDM.jpg
2017-4-1_14-52RL.jpg

The active is the southern one...
2017-4-1_15-17RL.jpg
2017-4-1_15-1826L.jpg

Managing the beast in manual mode (and the FTX trees make a great impression)...
2017-4-1_15-19Takeoff.jpg

... before looking back... and climbing into the clouds.

2017-4-1_15-20RL.jpg
2017-4-1_15-20-7-398.jpg

No, I do not go to LOWI like anyone else these days. I just pass the beautiful austrian alps...
2017-4-1_15-34Austrianalps.jpg

... and go a little bit further south...
2017-4-1_19-30.jpg

2017-4-1_19-31.jpg

... to the region around Mt. Ararat. Too many clouds to see the remainders of the Arch.
2017-4-1_19-32Araratregion.jpg
2017-4-1_19-34RL.jpg

Navigation made easy, but you need to wait a long time with Lufthansas current airshow to get the right pictures.
2017-4-1_19-38.jpg
2017-4-1_19-40.jpg

Night lighting in the sim is not perfect in Asia, yet: Much too dark in megacities like this.
2017-4-1_21-14Mumbaifinal.jpg

At least we can follow the approach data...

2017-4-1_21-15.jpg

Much too dark is also the virtual taxi, compared to the real one:
2017-4-1_21-22VABBtaxi.jpg
2017-4-1_21-23RL.jpg

Now for the lovely immigration procedure, at a time when dozens of international flights arrive. Not the best way to spend the night :wacko:...

18 minutes ago, VH-KDK said:

Wonderful FS/RL set again Gerold.

Excellent shot climbing out with the vortex and the mountains are spectacular.

Did my best Martyn, to beat the weather and the dirt on the windows.

13 minutes ago, Bassman said:

Agree, great mix of FS and RL. What flight tracking program are you using please?

Cheers  Dan

Thanks, Dan.

These shots are indeed the current airshow on board of Lufthansa long-distance planes. It would be much better to get such a simulation on your own tablet, where you could select the perspectives. Not long to wait, I guess.

Superb comparison again, Gerold. And yes, I hated the departure times too. 3am from Mumbay or 2:30 am from Karatchi

50 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

It would be much better to get such a simulation on your own tablet,

When airlines listen to the latest CIA warnings, I'm afraid that in the not too distant future we cannot bring anything bigger than a cp on board 

3 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Great post.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain!

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Superb comparison again, Gerold. And yes, I hated the departure times too. 3am from Mumbay or 2:30 am from Karatchi

When airlines listen to the latest CIA warnings, I'm afraid that in the not too distant future we cannot bring anything bigger than a cp on board 

You are right, Bernd, the departure times are even worse compared to the arrivals. And always consider the longish ground procedures in those airports, which are overcrowded at these times.

That would be a real threat to all business travel if you had to sacrifice your laptop in check-in luggage. And a threat to private travel if your camera needs to go there. Airlines will have to pay a fortune for all those damages, caused by the subcontractors of the subcontracted handling companies, which had been outsourced and subcontracted ages ago in order to save wages.

58 minutes ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Wow, wow, wow Gerold!  These are amazing.  It's always the highlight of my dreary day when you do these combo shots.  And what a life you live!  Globetrotting like that.  I'm envious to be sure.  

Thanks for the compliments, Jack. But no need to be envious, I will not post the downsights of these travels, and there are some...

5 minutes ago, Stillwater said:

Thank you, Iain!

You are right, Bernd, the departure times are even worse compared to the arrivals. And always consider the longish ground procedures in those airports, which are overcrowded at these times.

That would be a real threat to all business travel if you had to sacrifice your laptop in check-in luggage. And a threat to private travel if your camera needs to go there. Airlines will have to pay a fortune for all those damages, caused by the subcontractors of the subcontracted handling companies, which had been outsourced and subcontracted ages ago in order to save wages.

Thanks for the compliments, Jack. But no need to be envious, I will not post the downsights of these travels, and there are some...

I'd still like the adventure Gerold.  It would be fun.

3 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Must be somewhat nice to fly in RL and then turn around and replay that in the sim over Orbx w/o the downsides.  Nice post!

This is indeed what I do & like. Forget the heat (over 40°C), the workload, and the indian stomach...

2 hours ago, Flying_Grandpa said:

Amazing set

Thanks, Grandpa!

13 hours ago, BradB said:

Another Stillwater RL/Sim masterpiece , to bad you could not improve the WX tho . :):rolleyes:

Cheers

John

At least the real weather is something we have to accept. In the sim it would be much easier...

13 hours ago, Bassman said:

"These shots are indeed the current airshow on board of Lufthansa long-distance planes".  Amazing stuff! Thanks for the clarification mate. Cheers  Dan

Software is progressing, Dan. But I prefer the airshow of Swiss airlines.

11 hours ago, adambar said:

Very nicely done Gerold, I like the mixture of RL and FS! :)

Thanks, Adam!

11 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Scintillating set of shotz!

Thanx, I try to stay switching between RL & VL...!

11 hours ago, mikee said:

Beautiful Set :rolleyes:

Thanks Mikee. Would be a much shorter distance for you to fly!

Archived