Bahama holiday

Jack Sawyer

After seeing people mention that the new NA L/C had improved the Bahamas I wanted to see for myself.  And this was inspired by that awesome real-world video someone posted in the General Discussion section.  So I decided to make several flights in the Bahamas.

First, Orbx Global, Vector, NA L/C, Trees, etc.  AS16 on, summer, Adam's preset 21_11.

My itinerary was MYBS, South Bimini, to MYBC, Chub Cay, to MYNN, Nassau, to MYAK, Congo Town, and finally to MYEH, Eleuthera.  

However, at the end I found one anomaly, how it happened is beyond me, maybe it's global warming.

There's a lot, so sorry for some many, I just had a real fun time exploring a beautiful part of the world.

IyOAGcb.jpg

Mcyozx8.jpg

SH50Yxo.jpg

hZGyBa0.jpg

AtgHGYg.jpg

oN6d7Xl.jpg

JBrV0oI.jpg

tQ8cdVR.jpg

YaeXpcb.jpg

9YF4Jc0.jpg

HhVDcen.jpg

5A8r8iO.jpg

PafDCuw.jpg

oOQCzcL.jpg

S3RsWsD.jpg

eo5IxIz.jpg

8dSAyQ5.jpg

1VVBSam.jpg

avINHtI.jpg

oLEYHik.jpg

aUaOy6G.jpg

cWTgKmh.jpg

XcYlOm5.jpg

gdsC6SS.jpg

9Mmuk6g.jpg

JR6pXu9.jpg

Jt74DWI.jpg

qUBrvkP.jpg

qBeJXkY.jpg

iBdDX1c.jpg

ApArNm7.jpg

8UL4Hcz.jpg

6zktNVV.jpg

WUNnQpA.jpg

Now, off to look at the building.

8aWHl8J.jpg

It would be a nice place to stay, I mean, the view would be amazing.

Mo5gNk8.jpg

Thanks for coming along on my Bahama tour.

Jack I would love to say that the pics were great, they are but what get's me is the errors in the scenery. Building still in the water, many parts of the coast line are straight lines with pointy lines (pic 6 plus another) as in default type scenery without Vector. I have not yet flown the area again with the new Vector update as I am assuming your pics are with the update being displayed.

Until Vector fixes all the anomalies in the Caribbean I think I will stick with UTX TAC, where these issues do not happen.

TAC may not be as accurate as Vector regarding some aspects nor does TAC perhaps display as much autogen as OLC, but it does work properly as the developers made the required adjustments. Try flying around Havana Cuba and see the buildings in the water !

6 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Glorious series Jack, most enjoyable.

Looks like you had a great days flying here.

Thanks Martyn.  Yes, it was most enjoyable.

5 hours ago, paulb said:

That's a great bit of island hopping Jack! :)

Thank you Paul.

4 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Great set of shots, I see you're looking for some good weather in the Bahama's too!

Thanks Dolf, yes, real weather and that's what makes the sim fun.  Just like that video. :)

4 hours ago, Torchy821 said:

Nice pictures Jack.  Its a good job we don't have to pay for film and developing prints any more, we'd all be bankrupt!

Kev

Thanks Kev, No kidding, I forgot about those days.  Man, the amount of $ I spent on film back in the day!

1 hour ago, Iain Emms said:

Smashing set of shots.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain!

4 hours ago, jjaycee1 said:

Jack I would love to say that the pics were great, they are but what get's me is the errors in the scenery. Building still in the water, many parts of the coast line are straight lines with pointy lines (pic 6 plus another) as in default type scenery without Vector. I have not yet flown the area again with the new Vector update as I am assuming your pics are with the update being displayed.

Until Vector fixes all the anomalies in the Caribbean I think I will stick with UTX TAC, where these issues do not happen.

TAC may not be as accurate as Vector regarding some aspects nor does TAC perhaps display as much autogen as OLC, but it does work properly as the developers made the required adjustments. Try flying around Havana Cuba and see the buildings in the water !

Hi Jay.  Thanks.  This version of Vector is the one right before the update as I saw so many people having issues with it so after reading Nick's post that they were working on a fix I decided to wait.  I was mostly concerned with the NA L/C 1.20 which people have said made some changes in the Bahamas.  I'll have to look at Havana and see if I have any swimming buildings there.

4 minutes ago, Kasi31 said:

Very nice shots of a great trip Jack! In the last shot, you can see consequences of global warming.

:D Thanks Karsten.  Where I live in the Deep South we have too much warming already.  Been here for 26 years and it's always the same, summers you can count on the days being 100 F every day.  And 95 degrees even in the middle of the night.

Archived