Marine traffic is alive and well in San Francisco

Orbxtreme

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Excellent!  I grew up in Boston (but I'm okay now) and I used to see this all the time.  Planes flying over a lot of ships.  Loved it then and love seeing it now.  Terrific shot.

What is you Ship slider set to?

I keep it between 10 and 15%. 10% is the minimum if I want to see an aircraft carrier (Big E)  for landing.  Could those 4 ships be part of the permanent scenery in that area near San Francisco, so that whatever your settings are you can see them? I don't know. But it was a nice surprise anyway to see such activity in the harbor.

5 hours ago, Orbxtreme said:

I keep it between 10 and 15%. 10% is the minimum if I want to see an aircraft carrier (Big E)  for landing.  Could those 4 ships be part of the permanent scenery in that area near San Francisco, so that whatever your settings are you can see them? I don't know. But it was a nice surprise anyway to see such activity in the harbor.

Thanks Steve, I'll set mine to 10% then too.  Where can I see the carriers?

4 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Thanks Steve, I'll set mine to 10% then too.  Where can I see the carriers?

By the way, you can use François instead of Steve and it will also be acceptable ;D. There might be many ways to see and experience moving carriers. Mine is the following: Team SDB Entreprise where they sell you the Entreprise aircraft carrier for FSX acceleration. The plus side of this is the following: one of the location of the Entreprise is near San Diego, so with the coming new airport, you'll have something very interesting as departure. To answer your question specifically regarding the locations, once you have the program, you can see the carrier here: Floride, Hawaii, Korea, Lebanon, Lemoore, Norfolk, Norway (in conjunction with Orbx scenery another interesting idea), Oman, Pacific NW, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island (with Block Island Orbx airport) San Diego (with Orbx), Sardinia, Yankee Station, Adriatic...But I'm quite sure there are free aircraft carriers  already installed in FSX since I remember having landed a Beech on one of the free included carriers.

1 hour ago, Orbxtreme said:

By the way, you can use François instead of Steve and it will also be acceptable ;D. There might be many ways to see and experience moving carriers. Mine is the following: Team SDB Entreprise where they sell you the Entreprise aircraft carrier for FSX acceleration. The plus side of this is the following: one of the location of the Entreprise is near San Diego, so with the coming new airport, you'll have something very interesting as departure. To answer your question specifically regarding the locations, once you have the program, you can see the carrier here: Floride, Hawaii, Korea, Lebanon, Lemoore, Norfolk, Norway (in conjunction with Orbx scenery another interesting idea), Oman, Pacific NW, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island (with Block Island Orbx airport) San Diego (with Orbx), Sardinia, Yankee Station, Adriatic...But I'm quite sure there are free aircraft carriers  already installed in FSX since I remember having landed a Beech on one of the free included carriers.

Ok François, but I don't know how to get the little symbol on the c.  You mention FSX Acceleration, I have P3D 3.4.  Is it compatible?  I'll have to do a search for this and see.  Thank you!

Archived