The need to earn money

Stillwater

I got stuck with my Blackhawk in Queenstown, as she consumes lots of fuel and I couldn´t afford a new filling: my credit card was empty after christmas sales. Some friendly locals helped me pushing the beast to the scenic flights centre, where I could offer seats to those wealthy tourists passing by. Enough to refuel (I hoped...)!

2017-1-14_13-21NZQZ.jpg

So off we went along the Kawarau River...

2017-1-14_13-29KawarauRiver.jpg

... into the gorge where the Argonath were placed by Peter Jackson, and where Bungee Jumping was invented.

2017-1-14_13-33KawarauGorge.jpg

But... better no jumping when there is an Orbx-fanatic around...!

2017-1-14_13-35WairauBridge.jpg

The new bridge is solid, as per my little test.

2017-1-14_13-38KawarauBridge.jpg

We went back towards Queenstown, following Shotover River...

2017-1-14_13-41ShotoverRiver.jpg

... and up the hills to the west.

2017-1-14_13-44-19-405.jpg

Not much to see here, except the remarkably detailed rocks. I like that!

2017-1-14_13-48Rock.jpg

Skippers Canyon, or Ford of Bruinen as some might know it.

2017-1-14_13-54SkippersCanyonBruinen.jpg

Back southwards to Lake Wakatipu, we find ourselves in Ithilien (unforunately without Faramir´s men).

2017-1-14_14-6Ithilien.jpg

My hopes were confirmed, there is more than enough fuel left. Now let´s make some fun for the tourists. At least for those who like a certain speed at low altitudes...
2017-1-14_14-8Speedy.jpg

And back we get into civilisation & presence.
2017-1-14_14-10Queenstown.jpg

Thanks for paying in cash. And, before you ask: No, I am not fenced.

2017-1-14_14-19NZQZ.jpg

I wish I could buy more time, never enough hours in the day to visit all these fabulous places

Excellent story and shots of your flight.

I hope you put your Akubra upside down at the exit for the wealthy passengers to leave you a deserved tip.

If you don't know already it is always wise to put a high denomination bank note in the hat so that the punters will feel obliged to tip you the same!

Just watch if you have any pollies on board as they will take out more than they put in.

Did you see the Shotover Jet in your flight?

Finally I have to correct you about the origins of Bungee Jumping. My granddad invented it when he jumped off the roof and got his braces caught in the gutter!:o

Thank you for your compliments, @Kasi31, @RJ, @Voyager and @Iain Emms!

5 hours ago, Wakashi said:

Here's my $$$$$.00 for that extraordinary tour, loved the "hills" shot especially & the certain speed at low altitude! :D

Thank you Wakashi! There are lots of great views in this area, and I agree the hills shot is one of these.

Where are you today?

4 hours ago, andy1252 said:

Lovely set of shots, Gerold. I'm enjoying these LoTR tours! Great scenery and I can feel the urge to own a Blackhawk building up.

It would be even greater if we had some remainders of the movies as POIs in the scenery. OK, copyright would be an issues...

The Blackhawk may not be a tiny, cute copter - but handy, powerful & easy to fly.Don´t hesitate longer if you find a good discount!

4 hours ago, dolf8857 said:

Make me wanna come over there shots again Gerold, like to enjoy a little sunny weather there instead of the snow here :) 

Mr. Chopper, you would be more than welcome to join the virtual airfields in NZL and show us your artwork!

1 hour ago, VH-KDK said:

I wish I could buy more time, never enough hours in the day to visit all these fabulous places

Excellent story and shots of your flight.

I hope you put your Akubra upside down at the exit for the wealthy passengers to leave you a deserved tip.

If you don't know already it is always wise to put a high denomination bank note in the hat so that the punters will feel obliged to tip you the same!

Just watch if you have any pollies on board as they will take out more than they put in.

Did you see the Shotover Jet in your flight?

Finally I have to correct you about the origins of Bungee Jumping. My granddad invented it when he jumped off the roof and got his braces caught in the gutter!:o

Indeed never enough time to do what we want - but ain´t this a pleasure? Imagine sheer boredom instead...

I missed the ShotoverJetFlow, as well as the KawarauBungeeFlow. Must be the wrong season - or my OrbxLibs are not properly installed.

Sure I put my Australian hat on the table, and with various currencies already inside. The tactics paid off, I am in a position to continue my tour tomorrow. But... where to go next...?

20 hours ago, Wakashi said:

So far, still in the recliner!  :D

Same for me, too much work today, so a good glass of wine (Chablis today) must be enough evening pleasure.

18 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Man, Gerold, I love these LOTR tours, I just love them!

Me too, Jack, as you would have guessed... Now we dream of doing it in RL...

16 hours ago, MZee1960 said:

Fantastic set, Gerold !   Love the scenery and the paint on that heli !  

Thanks MzEee. I am always happy when I find a livery fitting to my mood & the location.

14 hours ago, adambar said:

At least you had the right aircraft for that little stunt Gerold! :D  Great set! :)

Indeed, the power of it is just satisfying... (but the price is the fuel consumption, as mentioned...)!

10 hours ago, Doc Scott said:

Top shots and a nice story!! Keep them coming!

Scott

Thans Scott, I´ll try!

4 hours ago, bvdboomen said:

Great screens, nice angles and a terrific story! :)

Thanks Ben, luckily I made enough cash for the next adventures!

2 hours ago, PDX Flyer said:

Nice helo and paint job.  Guess we all need extra money so we can buy more add-ons for our flight sim hobby.

So true. Though we would also need much more time to discover all the details of the sceneries - especially of the Orbx regions. I am always surprised...

Archived