Only 3

Jack Sawyer

PanAm DC-3 (thanks Adam!) at Concrete.  Didn't take off, just wanted to see Concrete after I bought it and see if the PanAm livery worked.  It did.  More shots of Concrete coming soon.

They look much darker on my iMac than they do in the sim.  No idea why.

lgjhCXe.jpg

Jnl0g1b.jpg

pDqopMg.jpg

Looks like you're winning, Jack!! Lovely shots of a great aircraft ... in a classic livery.

The iMAc darker thing may be that it's set to a different gamma to your sim monitor. Check also that it's using sRGB (like you have on your sim PC).

Adam.

1 hour ago, Adam Banks said:

Looks like you're winning, Jack!! Lovely shots of a great aircraft ... in a classic livery.

The iMAc darker thing may be that it's set to a different gamma to your sim monitor. Check also that it's using sRGB (like you have on your sim PC).

Adam.

Will give it a shop after Apple finishes helping me.  Things are all tied up in knots right now.  Especially with this darned cloud business.  This tired old dog doesn't understand this cloud.  I see clouds in the sky when I go outside, and clouds in the sim but where IS this so-called cloud?

Nice shots, Jack. I likes the look of that livery as well - Pan-Am is a very evocative scheme to a Brit of a certain age (well, this one at least), in that it seems to just scream '40s/'50s/'60s US luxury and glamour. Not that I ever went near a real 'plane till the '80s, but all the glossy pix and ads of those days hit hard!

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Great shots.

When I was a child, I would watch these DC-3s from Pan Am pass over my house (the beginning of the final was right over us ...).

Voyager

Thanks Voyager.  I always loved PanAm, it was the first time I flew first class.  From San Fransisco to Seattle, to Heathrow.  I was amazed.  

16 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

Nice shots, Jack. I likes the look of that livery as well - Pan-Am is a very evocative scheme to a Brit of a certain age (well, this one at least), in that it seems to just scream '40s/'50s/'60s US luxury and glamour. Not that I ever went near a real 'plane till the '80s, but all the glossy pix and ads of those days hit hard!

Thanks Andy, I loved the PanAm shuttle in 2001 A Space Odyssey.  

Great to see you have got it working Jack.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Same here Andy. 707s,747s and the odd 727 were a common sight in spotting trips to Heathrow in the 70s, a very iconic brand.

Will give it a shop after Apple finishes helping me.  Things are all tied up in knots right now.  Especially with this darned cloud business.  This tired old dog doesn't understand this cloud.  I see clouds in the sky when I go outside, and clouds in the sim but where IS this so-called cloud?

Jack, to help you understand "data clouds" a little further, here is an article listing the 10 biggest in the world and a bit of background information.

https://datacenterfrontier.com/top-10-cloud-campuses/

Cheers Anton.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, antonvs said:

Jack, to help you understand "data clouds" a little further, here is an article listing the 10 biggest in the world and a bit of background information.

https://datacenterfrontier.com/top-10-cloud-campuses/

Cheers Anton.

Anton via Tapatalk Pro

Very interesting Antonvs.  First, I wonder why they're all blue?  Second, I hope they have good security with all the craziness in this world.  And if one of them went down I guess we'd all lose our data?  Or if they lost power or something?  That's a lot of data that would be lost.  I like everything on my local computer but I guess in this day and age everything is going to this cloud business.  Oh well, I gotta roll with the times I guess.  I wonder what the future holds.  Put everything on the moon?

Archived