Freeware Cessna U206G and PTA Water

Adam Banks

I was intrigued by Bernd's PTA water settings, so thought I'd see how my current preset copes with the two extremes of tropical water and northern/Alaskan equivalents.

This is Bernd's original post:

... and here are my water settings:

pta_water_05.png

Not quite as vivid as Bernd's, but I think the same settings also work well in Alaska.
pta_water_01_1350.jpg

Here's PAVD (Valdez):
pta_water_02_1350.jpg

pta_water_03_1350.jpg

pta_water_04_1350.jpg

Thanks also to Ryan for discovering this little gem of a freeware aircraft:

My latest PTA profile is here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/71722992/PTA_Adamski_163_13.zip

Adam.

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

If someone showed me these back in 1983 with my Atari 800 computer and said this was the future I never would have believed it.

These are astonishing, like real world photos.  

Adam 

These are superb , simply superb :)

And to Jack's point ...... maybe it is good to reflect on where this all came from

Cheers

Renault

flightsim.png

1 hour ago, Jack Sawyer said:

If someone showed me these back in 1983 with my Atari 800 computer and said this was the future I never would have believed it.

These are astonishing, like real world photos.  

Quite right Jack, I started with FS2 and thought how great it was to be able to fly around!

25 minutes ago, renault said:

Adam 

These are superb , simply superb :)

And to Jack's point ...... maybe it is good to reflect on where this all came from

Cheers

Renault

flightsim.png

I had that and the Mac version which was B&W.. I go back even further before Bruce Artwick with a program where you delivered mail, spot view only.  I forget the name of it.  But I thought it was so high tech.  I spent long and long hours on this one above though.  Taught myself hot to navigate VOR to VOR.  Those were the good old days.

Thanks for the compliments, folks ... but I hate to say this ... I'm old enough to remember a version of FS running in amber/mono ... way before CGA (or even VGA)!

Yes - we certainly have come a *long* way! However - I still think there's loads of room for improvement - particularly with P3D as IMHO its sky & water rendering is significantly worse than in FSX (though its *lighting* is way better). Thanks to people like ORBX, the scenery is almost 100% lifelike - but is often let down (in urban areas) by painfully simplified autogen objects (as supplied by P3D/FSX). The next few products that do for autogen what REX (or similar) did for clouds will make a vast improvement, I'm sure.

Adam.

Excellent shots, Adam and I'll try your settings this afternoon. Isn't it great that we all try to get the best out of our systems, share the results here on the forum and inspire eachother to tweak even more for even better results. And all this communication goes around the world within seconds. Of course I am fully aware of the risks the internet imposes, but this kind of learning by watching what someone far away in New Zealand suggests, is just wonderful

Adam, those are very fine shots. I shall grab your ini file and stick it into my comparison xl sheet and have a play. Like I've just said in another post, this is all becoming quite remarkable, the levels of realism are stunning.

On 25/10/2016 at 4:37 AM, Jack Sawyer said:

And Jack, if someone showed me these in 2013 I wouldn't have believed it, let alone anytime last century

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

Adam, those are very fine shots. I shall grab your ini file and stick it into my comparison xl sheet and have a play. Like I've just said in another post, this is all becoming quite remarkable, the levels of realism are stunning.

And Jack, if someone showed me these in 2013 I wouldn't have believed it, let alone anytime last century

I agree Andy, it's amazing how far we have come.  Starting with a default sim, FSX or P3D, you add in Orbx, REX, AS16 or another weather engine,and PTA for P3D and it keeps getting better.  What a huge disappointment it would be to have to sim in FSX with no add-ons.  And to think, they're both still 16 bit programs based on ten year old code.

Your usual level of excellence, Adam.  You P3D guys are driving me nuts with all this 'trick' stuff - if I could just convert with a finger snap, I'd have a Santa request.  FYI the V2 of the MkI Soloy is available at SOH and Thomas is working on the MkII - with a more traditional cowl line for starters.

Archived