St. Maarten with PTA

bernd1151

Over the last couple of days I have played around a lot with my HDR and PTA settings, trying everything from Adam’s to John’s (JV) settings. At the end I have found the ones from John at least for me the best, but with just a small change. For my monitor, his HDR brightness settings were too bright, so I have reduced them from 1.10 to 1.00. And as you can see from the first screenie, I have also adjusted the PTA water settings to better reflect the brighter Caribbean water colours. This will have to be adjusted again I guess, once I am in the darker Alaskan waters.

But have a look for yourself. There’s no other scenery installed but default and ORBX. The weather is REX Essentials Plus:

1.jpg

2016-10-24_19-59-31-205.jpg

2016-10-24_20-19-29-243.jpg

2016-10-24_20-22-30-616.jpg

2016-10-24_20-24-31-489.jpg

2016-10-24_20-52-7-643.jpg

I hope you like them

Thanks a lot, gents!! 

45 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

However, on my monitor the aircraft markings are somewhat blotchy/ not sharp. Almost grainy.

Not sure why.

TTM

Hhmm, on my monitor they look ok. What about the rest of the plane? Have you tried clicking on the screenie, TTM. This will bring it up in its original (larger) size

Amazing how we all have different monitors and see things differently.  I'll bet there's not two same setups on the entire Earth!  B)

On my iMac which I view them they look terrific.  Nice work Bernd but I just use Adam's and I don't dare touch one slider as I have now idea what each one would do.  And since it has to rebuild every time you make the slightest change it could take an eternity for me to find the sweet spot.  So I bravely let more knowledgeable people do it for me.  :).  I really do like the huge difference PTA provides however.

The color of the water and the brewery below is astonishingly real looking on my Mac.

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

Thanks a lot, gents!! 

Hhmm, on my monitor they look ok. What about the rest of the plane? Have you tried clicking on the screenie, TTM. This will bring it up in its original (larger) size

Yes, took to full size. Can't quite make out the wording & call sign on the side of the aircraft. Horizontal red line is jagged.

Could be my monitor setting. Will check what the resolution is.

But have same Call Sign clarity issue on my Laptop.

Take the last shot - in the cockpit. There are 3 'notices signs' between the 2 yokes. On full size I can't make out the words. Can you?

TTM

Great stuff, Bernd! Oh what fun (I'd forgotten how amazing St Maarten is)!

I compared your values with my current preset: they're not *too* different, so I think you'll find you only need to tweak back the limpidity settings a fraction and they'll work great in Alaska.

I didn't want to spoil your screenshots page, so created a new topic:

HDR settings in P3D can also affect things a lot (with respect to the darkness of the water). What are yours? Mine are: 0.70 1.11 1.00.

Adam.

7 hours ago, TigerTigerM said:

Bernd

PC screen resolution is 1920 x 1080, which is the max I can get.

What resolution do you run your screen at??:

TTM

Yes TTM, I have the same resolution and I also cannot read the "notice signs". I think we need the 32" monster monitor of JV with its 4k resolution to change that. I only run a 27" monitor 

5 hours ago, Adam Banks said:

I compared your values with my current preset: they're not *too* different, so I think you'll find you only need to tweak back the limpidity settings a fraction and they'll work great in Alaska.

HDR settings in P3D can also affect things a lot (with respect to the darkness of the water). What are yours? Mine are: 0.70 1.11 1.00.

Adam.

I agree Adam, for Alaskan waters these limpidity settings are a bit too high, I just tried.

My HDR settings are: 1.00, 1.00, 1.02, but I think I bring the brightness settings down to 0.90 or even a bit lower

51 minutes ago, TigerTigerM said:

Bernd

Can you read the red aircraft ID alpha behind the last window? I can barely make them out.

Maybe I need a new monitor.:)

TTM

Yes, of course. It's easy, it's 8R-GAB.

But I can only read it, because I have a large thumbnail of that plane. Like you, I can't make it out in my screenies :D:D  So either we both need a new monitor or we leave it as is. I promise you, TTM, the next time I post screenies here, I show at least one that focusses a bit more on the plane's registration ;)

OK - I can now also read it :lol: ... because ... I found some old X-Plane repaint and "transmogrified" it into P3D. I'm such a sucker for little yellow aeroplanes!!

Here it is on the Guyana Coast:

c208b_8r_gab_1350.jpg

I have the old Carenado C208B FSX version and my VC looks steam age compared to the all-glass P3D one BernD posted.

Adam.

35 minutes ago, Adam Banks said:

OK - I can now also read it :lol: ... because ... I found some old X-Plane repaint and "transmogrified" it into P3D. I'm such a sucker for little yellow aeroplanes!!

Here it is on the Guyana Coast:

c208b_8r_gab_1350.jpg

I have the old Carenado C208B FSX version and my VC looks steam age compared to the all-glass P3D one BernD posted.

Adam.

Hey Adam, come to think of it, that's where I got it too and I also converted it to be used in P3D. Btw this Carenado C-208 EX is a great plane that I really enjoy flying. I got it last year, when it was on sale in the pre-Christmas time

Archived