Thought I'd say hi

rockliffe

I haven't been around the forum for some time. As some of you know, I started a new drone business about 18 months ago, and so my simming has suffered somewhat. However, as the nights start to draw in, I hope to be spending more time with my sim. With a bit more cash in the pot, I'm hoping to do a big upgrade of the motherboard and cpu. Only today did I have a great flight across Spain in my beloved PMDG NGX. I still read some of the forum, but hope to be getting back into things soon. In the meantime, here's a little film that I put together from material I shot for a client earlier in the year. Seez ya soon! 

Smashing work Howard, look forwards to seeing more of your posts again as we move into the winter months…

With regards to a new cpu/gpu…I highly recommend the Asus Hero iii mobo with skylake i7 6700k and 16g ram, oh and a GTX1070oc graphics card, I am now able to run my NGX with some amazing hdr settings in heavy weather at long last :D

15 hours ago, Voyager said:

Beautifully natural scenes, captured  in high definition video, produced by a master! 

Outstanding indeed, Howard!

Thanks mate!

Voyager

7 hours ago, Iain Emms said:

Superb work Howard.

cheers

Iain

7 hours ago, Remko said:

Lovely!

7 hours ago, Capt Pugwash said:

Smashing work Howard, look forwards to seeing more of your posts again as we move into the winter months…

With regards to a new cpu/gpu…I highly recommend the Asus Hero iii mobo with skylake i7 6700k and 16g ram, oh and a GTX1070oc graphics card, I am now able to run my NGX with some amazing hdr settings in heavy weather at long last :D

Thanks matey, appreciated. Sure, your suggestion is mor eor less in line with what I haev decided upon. Except I will likely stick with my GTX770 or upgrade to the 980Ti. Depends on the cash situation!

5 hours ago, Bassman said:

Did not realise just how many canal boats were in UK! Would be an amazing holiday on the canal system.

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Is that the River Severn, Howard?

Yes it is Chris, well spotted. It's footage we shot earlier in the year for a promotional video being produced the Gloucester Maritime museum.

4 hours ago, gumbypickett said:

Superb video of what appears to be a very popular waterway and surrounds,:rolleyes:

cheers

Gumby  

3 hours ago, Red1963 said:

Superb!
 Great video!

Cheers Uwe

Thanks for all the kind comments fellas, appreciated.

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

It's very impressive footage, Howard. It's amazing just how beautiful the landscape can look from a drone with a decent high resolution camera.

I say that the drone actually brings a third dimension to filming. No longer are we restrained back, forth and sideways, but now we can go upwards!

Anybody who knows anything about photography or video, knows how good a job you've done there, Howard.

Spectacular vision and brilliant colours. So many new technologies emerging and lovely to be able to use them in our lives for pleasure and work.

And great to have you back in the fold, mate.

Frank

26 minutes ago, tennyson said:

Anybody who knows anything about photography or video, knows how good a job you've done there, Howard.

Spectacular vision and brilliant colours. So many new technologies emerging and lovely to be able to use them in our lives for pleasure and work.

And great to have you back in the fold, mate.

Frank

That's so kind of you to say Frank. Very much appreciated. Cheers.

4 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Howard, great video and welcome back. I am holiday right now and just now found time to watch it. I cannot say better than any others what a tremendous job that is. Amazing.

3 hours ago, anfield ace said:

Great video, welcome back mate...

Cheers,

Thanks fellas

Archived