Successful Migration of all my sims....

Orbx Flyer

Glad to report that with the latest Lib file, the most recent Central software, and with the checking of all the regions that show green and fully checked hash-marks, that I have a most successful migration to the unifiedLClookup

I have been changing from one region airport to another this morning...and all with no anomalies of any kind...improper land-class, morphing and deterioration of textures, bad FPS, stutter, popping into view of textures while in flight...none of the aforementioned.  

Migration now works....and Orbx has apparently sorted it all out, with the latest of all the software and files, needed for a successful Migration.  Happily looking forward to N.A. OpenLC when is is released.  BTW, I run with all UTX for my vector data...and that had no bearing on a successful Migration. Good to know, for all other Ultimate Terrain users.

PNW

Sounds good, but is far away from my experience :-(

Visiting several locations all over France, England, Germany, New Zealand and USA I found lots of mixed up sceneries, popping up and disappearing in squares when flying over.
Some deserts in England, some woods and mountain textures at the French coast, with square coastlines, rivers mixed up with green fields and parts of cities...

For me it's a big desaster!  

Tom...I had previous no-go's...

Try this format:

Download the latest Lib file.  Install it in all your sims...FSX and P3D

Run Central.  Allow Central to update to the lastest...2.x.....

Migrate a sim.

Before anything else...FORCE Migration once more (for all your migrated sims)...through the Troubleshooting section of Central (latest).

You will notice that the file parsing will slow down at some places where the first time around, it flew...(I suspect that these files were over-looked the first migration attempt, but caught the second time around...the forced migration  parsing.)  Then go and run the Migration Troubleshooter software and see that all your installed regions show as green with all the check-sum hash-marks as good. (at the bottom left of the screen...a notification of such).

Then, if you can, defrag your thousands of newly-created migration files....if you can.

Reboot....

Go and fly a sim...and check out your bad spots, as you have them now.  Chances are all will be cured.  I have checked out all my prior failed-migration...and all is good. In fact, all looks GREAT!    I did all of the above for myself...and suggest you do the same.

PNW

1 hour ago, keino333 said:

Will give this a try ...as I too suffered after updating...(but absolutely no issues before) Thx for the tip I'll post up my results later.

I had a bad when-released Migration.  Since this one, all has been good, but can only recommend it, the way I did it.  That was what did the trick for myself.

I don't think that's a migration failure.  These features have been noted before and were identified by Holger, and I believe a tentative fix suggested.  I would start another topic and ask for help, since this problem has been discussed before.  Also, map coordinates would be helpful.

Hi,

and this is with all regions green? I have - finally - all regions green, but this would give me an uneasy feeling of some nasty issues lurking somewhere were I rarely fly.

Kind regards, Michael

24 minutes ago, pmb said:

Hi,

and this is with all regions green? I have - finally - all regions green, but this would give me an uneasy feeling of some nasty issues lurking somewhere were I rarely fly.

Kind regards, Michael

Yes...everything installed, is a good to go...---GREEN, but obviously NOT.

Untitled.png

28 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

I don't think that's a migration failure.  These features have been noted before and were identified by Holger, and I believe a tentative fix suggested.  I would start another topic and ask for help, since this problem has been discussed before.  Also, map coordinates would be helpful.

Do you have a link, to the topic?

Oh, BTW, before the Migration...no such anomaly existed.  The mountain was whole...and not some parts a desert...

23 minutes ago, PNW User said:

Do you have a link, to the topic?

Oh, BTW, before the Migration...no such anomaly existed.  The mountain was whole...and not some parts a desert...

No, sorry, I don't.  But a new post may yield a response from someone who does, or someone who knows the solution.  It may be as simple as an update to PNW which corrected the original error.  But it came to light several months ago somewhat suddenly.

1 minute ago, Stewart Hobson said:

No, sorry, I don't.  But a new post may yield a response from someone who does, or someone who knows the solution.  It may be as simple as an update to PNW which corrected the original error.  But it came to light several months ago somewhat suddenly.

Thanks Stew. I could just re-download PNW and try that.  If that does not work..then will ask around. In the meantime, if anybody at Orbx seeing those light pale brown patches, where no proper mountain texture should be KNOWS what is going on...please feel free to post a fix. Thanks.

I have all green entries in all my sims...no missing files...all hash check-sums showing a successful migration. So..if that is so...what is happening here, that was not here, pre-migration?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Thanks

1 minute ago, PNW User said:

Thanks Stew. I could just re-download PNW and try that.  If that does not work..then will ask around. In the meantime, if anybody at Orbx seeing those light pale brown patches, where no proper mountain texture should be KNOWS what is going on...please feel free to post a fix. Thanks.

I have all green entries in all my sims...no missing files...all hash check-sums showing a successful migration. So..if that is so...what is happening here, that was not here, pre-migration?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

Thanks

Do the brown patches appear in all your installed sims?  Or only in P3Dv3.3.5 (or whatever it is)?

4 minutes ago, PNW User said:

I am going to re-download and run PNW v180 and need to know. After it installs in FSX, will I have to FORCE a migration routine after PNW180 installs again?

I would run the trouble shooter and see what it says.  I thought my V1.30 copy of NZSI was up-to-date.  It wasn't--it was missing about 10 textures.

Just now, Stewart Hobson said:

I would run the trouble shooter and see what it says, but probably not, since the latest PNW installer should be complete.  I thought my V1.30 copy of NZSI was up-to-date.  It wasn't--it was missing about 10 textures.

Ok...am downloading now.  Funny that I had no such problems in any visuals of this area, pre migration.  That is what is leaning me to believe that it is a migration snafu, even though PNW shows up in the Migration Troubleshooter as 'good-to-go' green right now.

Hi guys,

check you insertion points in FTX Central and make sure that the FTX marker sits above the OLC marker; that's the common issue for the sandy polygons in the NA Regions and can also cause texture morphing.

For a visual guide on where to place the insertion points see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/108487-tongass-x-and-ftx/#comment-975652

Cheers, Holger

1 hour ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi guys,

check you insertion points in FTX Central and make sure that the FTX marker sits above the OLC marker; that's the common issue for the sandy polygons in the NA Regions and can also cause texture morphing.

For a visual guide on where to place the insertion points see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/108487-tongass-x-and-ftx/#comment-975652

Cheers, Holger

Thank you Holger...will look to that immediately.  It appears only in FSX, actually...will do what you suggest now, after posting, and then post the results of your suggestion.

Post Edit:  "Holger...please open your garage door...so my guys can deliver 500 cases of Foster's Lager...",as my thank you!   FTX was BELOW OLC. I inserted FTX above OLC..and this is the same mountain in FSX...looking great once more!

So..I do then change to my original posting...FSX, and P3D are Green-to-go....'migrated'. It was not a migration issue..but rather OLC was above FTX in the insertion point.

2016_7_18_18_25_21_496.png

Thank you, Holger and Orbx Team.

3 minutes ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Here ya go Jack:  http://aussiex.org/forum/

Download to your heart's content!

Thanks Stew, so it's Australian freeware?  Never even heard of this before.  Don't do hadrly any flying down under.  In fact I have Orbx's AU, the NZ's, Tapini, and Pago but I'm always in SAK.  Time to do some sightseeing on the other side of the planet I think.

2 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Yes, I remember now.  The brown patches were a result of the OLC entry being misplaced above the FTX entry in the FTX Central insertion points section.  Thank you, Holger.

Yep..that did the trick, Stew.  Now I have a totally working formal Migration of both FSX and P3D.  Have been test flying in all my bad first attempts..and they are all good, clear, no more problems.  Ready for N.A. OpenLC....roger, over 'n out.

58 minutes ago, PNW User said:

Yep..that did the trick, Stew.  Now I have a totally working formal Migration of both FSX and P3D.  Have been test flying in all my bad first attempts..and they are all good, clear, no more problems.  Ready for N.A. OpenLC....roger, over 'n out.

Glad you finally got it sorted.  Out.

Glad the migration process and Insertion Point issues have all been resolved PNW User.   I really enjoyed reading this thread with all the kind, patient, helpful replies from both Devs and other users to help you fix this and hope it helps others as well.   Love it!

4 hours ago, Rob Abernathy said:

Glad the migration process and Insertion Point issues have all been resolved PNW User.   I really enjoyed reading this thread with all the kind, patient, helpful replies from both Devs and other users to help you fix this and hope it helps others as well.   Love it!

It did...been whipping around all my purchases, with no 'migration headaches'.  I hope the thread helps others as well.

Now...waiting to 'whip around' N.A. OpenLC!

These OpenLC insertion point issues pop up quite often, and not always dare people to ask but just start swearing. Wouldn't it be possible to either (i) have the installer inserting the OpenLC entries to the proper place from the beginning, or (ii) have FTX Central correcting misplaced OpenLC entries when making its synchronization?

Kind regards, Michael

11 minutes ago, pmb said:

(i) have the installer inserting the OpenLC entries to the proper place from the beginning, or (ii) have FTX Central correcting misplaced OpenLC entries when making its synchronization?

In FTX Central v3 I've re-written all of the scenery.cfg handling logic. I'll most likely add something like this in too :)

I guess, in the business of Orbx Migration, you are either in or out, up or down, 100 successful in completion, or 'on the skids'. Unfortunately, there is no 'almost got it right'.

I do believe that ANYBODY can now successfully 'get migrated' to 100 percent completion with the latest Lib file, and Central v2.x software.  I went from many problems, in many areas....morphing, flashes, blocks of coastline, blurry textures, morphing textures...all of it....to in one fell swoop, yesterday morning....100 percent, total conversion, all my sims throwing Green-to-go file completions...and I have been enjoying the results ever since.

Here is a shot of Cairns, at Dawn, within P3D v2.4, and this was after an hour or so, in the mountains of Nevada.  Switching from North America, to Oceania, was as simple as making the mouse clicks.  I did no alterations to my .cfg file. I did not delete scenery, or disable scenery in my Scenery Library, for FSX, P3D 2.x and P3D 3.x.

I am running full Ultimate Terrain, in all of them, with no conflicts in any part of the world, the software is present.   If I can get this result, ANYBODY can....ANYBODY!

Hope you enjoy the encouraging screenshot, again, with my successfully migrated (all Green) P3D v2.4

Cheers, and happy conversion....for you can!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2016_7_19_5_44_1_662.png

2016_7_19_5_58_0_610.png

Working on it. Completed 2nd forced Migration and so far gone at the long pauses and occasional stutters, and blurry textures are gone. But I did see a bit of movement when leaving CYYZ with OPENLC USA/Canada.  However, I had that issue before the migration (Flytampa CYYZ and OPLC NA.  Heading to Europe now.

Archived