Hey Tim, Ken

dominique

18 hours ago, Dave Frost said:

I am hoping it's Fiji.

Fiji  would be quite a good choice indeed, Dave. Personally I wouldn't mind the Vanuatu archipelago with its dozen airfields and a spectacular relief on some islands, wouldn't mind at all :) !

1 hour ago, ytzpilot said:

I thought I saw a hint at Hawaii in another post as well. That would be amazing if so

Oh, that would be so amazing! Doubly so since I live in Hawaii now. After having lived here for two years now, I can confirm that the Hawaiian island chain would be a remarkable place for an Orbx scenery package. There is so much terrain here, many  many POI's, numerous cool airstrips, airbases and airports...I could go on. 

hmm, American you say, Tim ?

Catalina  ? Small for an Experience package and not what I'd call a Pacific island (yes, I know where it is :)!). Hawaii would be great indeed and I've been longing for quite a while for an OrbX treatment there  but on the other side of the scale, isn't it a little big for an "Experience" as each island really deserves a special treatment ? I also thought that it was hinted to be a fat region. 

Now where ? American, in the Pacific, hopefully with inhabitants ready to welcome sim pilots with flowers garlands (I mean civilian airports here :)) ? I see only the Marianas which would be great with all the volcanoes in the Northern islands !

Anyway, keep up (quietly) the good work !

PS and welcome back Sniper !

53 minutes ago, dominique said:

Now where ? American, in the Pacific, hopefully with inhabitants ready to welcome sim pilots with flowers garlands (I mean civilian airports here :)) ? I see only the Marianas which would be great with all the volcanoes in the Northern islands !

Yes you are correct about the 'Experience' and I think Hawaii would count as a region and not fit that criteria. I am thinking Guam and/or Marianas as a potential candidate now, you seem to be on to something Dominique B)

Cheers

1 hour ago, dominique said:

Catalina  ? Small for an Experience package and not what I'd call a Pacific island (yes, I know where it is :)!). Hawaii would be great indeed and I've been longing for quite a while for an OrbX treatment there  but on the other side of the scale, isn't it a little big for an "Experience" as each island really deserves a special treatment ? I also thought that it was hinted to be a fat region. 

Anyway, keep up (quietly) the good work !

PS and welcome back Sniper !

Thank you Dominique, and your suggestions are very good...I think you are more on track than I ....simply wishful thinking on my part...whatever is ends up being, I am sure we will all love it :) 

Thanks for the enquiries, I could spill the beans, but in order to bring home the buffalo, I must refrain. Testing has been tough as active sky next keeps loading low cloud and fog, my chopper is getting plenty of flight time. If I say much more it will spoil the surprise

47 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Thanks for the enquiries, I could spill the beans, but in order to bring home the buffalo, I must refrain. Testing has been tough as active sky next keeps loading low cloud and fog, my chopper is getting plenty of flight time. If I say much more it will spoil the surprise

Looking forward to the Preview Screenies Guys B)

58 minutes ago, Dave Frost said:

Hmmmm, Phillipines, large nickel producer, has buffalo, had an American base ..... Do I win a prize yet?

:lol:, well, that "American" in a very broad sense, why not  !  But if having an US base qualifies, I add Okinawa to the list ;).

Now, I am at loss, there are not so many American inhabited islands in the Pacific that I see : Hawaii, the Marianas North and South, the Aleutians and Midway (barely inhabited and so tiny it has a limited playability). American Samoa is, of course, out. . What do I miss  ? 

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

All very good detective work, but stick with the day jobs.

i would seriously like to give you more clues.

think gum trees, cabbage palms.

cheers

Ken

Cabbage palms leads me to Florida or the Bahamas. If it US territory, I am betting on the Florida Keys.

Greg

Hmmm, the gum trees (eucalyptus) could be anywhere but the cabbage palms point to an Atlantic ocean region more than the Pacific.  A shot in the dark: gum trees+cabbage trees+beans +buffalo, all things that you can find in the Everglades  :). Fog too. Couldn't be, could it ?

Eucalyptus is native only to Australia, Papua New Guinea and parts of Indonesia. Some species of Eucalyptus are cultivated in many other tropical and temperate areas of the world.

"Cabbage Palm" ist just a common name for different species native to many different areas all over the world, incl. Australia, Polynesia, Asia, the Caribbean, South-East USA.

Isn't it supposed to be in the Pacific? I thought it was related to the 'Pacific Island Experience' or some such? I could be way off target though. Anyone thrown out Kwajalein Atoll?  

You guys realise of course, even if you guess correctly, we would tell you you were wrong.

with that in mind just go to your favourite restaurant, pay your nickel and eat your buffalo.

signing out now till we're ready to beta test.

cheers guys

1 hour ago, Ken Hall said:

You guys realise of course, even if you guess correctly, we would tell you you were wrong.

with that in mind just go to your favourite restaurant, pay your nickel and eat your buffalo.

signing out now till we're ready to beta test.

cheers guys

But it's fun to try and guess Ken, even if you guys can't tell us :)  Further, I can't remember the last time I had an actual nickel (or any coin for that matter) in my pocket, nor do I eat buffalo...at least, not here on Oahu ;) But, thanks for entertaining us Ken...look forward to when we do get to find out.

2 hours ago, ytzpilot said:

That's what I thought too, in the Pacific, the Cabbage Palm hint is what has thrown me for a loop. I am going back to my original guess being Guam and/or Marianas

Matthew, the cabbage palms threw me off too.

I thought it was a Pacific Experience too but the cabbage tree is so emblematic of Florida that that makes me think ! And slowly crawled back to my mind a post Tim wrote more than a year ago. I did remember it as I then gave it a "like" or "reputation point" or whatever you call it.  I suppose Greg in his post above found it right, here is the post :

Now thanks to both Ken and Tim, half the pleasure is in the expectation and that kind of guess thread is fun.

And remember, even if we are right, they'll deny it :lol: !

PS  What I don't yet understand is the day jobs clue :huh:  ! 

PS2 In the "giv'em a finger and they'll eat your arm" dept, I  !hope that will include the Everglades too 

26 minutes ago, Ripcord said:

Dom, I was thinking the same thing.  Somehow there is a 'Buffalo Nickel' connection thrown in here, which I cannot get.

Hey Rip

There are water buffaloes in the Glades (in the Keys, I am not sure though),  Nickel, I see it as an allusion to the Nickel and Dime Restaurant ;) ? 

15 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

Isn't it supposed to be in the Pacific? I thought it was related to the 'Pacific Island Experience' or some such? I could be way off target though. Anyone thrown out Kwajalein Atoll?  

I mentioned Kwaj above.  Now that I think about it though, it'd probably be pretty hard to model the airport accurately, since they don't allow any non-authorized passengers off the plane.  The flight attendants also tell everyone not to take pictures or video since it is an active military installation.  But it'd only a couple of buildings on the airport and there are pictures and video on internet.  Would indeed be cool though!   The rest of the island would be fairly straightforward I think.

15 hours ago, Sniper31 said:

I mentioned Kwaj above.  Now that I think about it though, it'd probably be pretty hard to model the airport accurately, since they don't allow any non-authorized passengers off the plane.  The flight attendants also tell everyone not to take pictures or video since it is an active military installation.  But it'd only a couple of buildings on the airport and there are pictures and video on internet.  Would indeed be cool though!   The rest of the island would be fairly straightforward I think.

7 hours ago, KORDATC said:

Ah, correct you are! I missed your Kwaj comment...where I work, we call it Kwaj all the time, so I should not have missed your comment...lol. Anyhow, not sure if the they have buffalo in 'Kwaj' anyway.

Archived