Server problems?

Bugdani

It's been happening to everyone. This is the first time I've been able to get on since last night.

When I check using a few of the "Is the website down?" sites to check, they all say the forums are down for everyone, not  just me. So there is a problem.

There's another thread of similar title on this very subject - http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/115947-server-problem/

Hopefully it's fixed soon, or they at least let us know what's up. It's not the end of the world, but for people who need help, not being able to come here could be inconvenient.

I just found this in a completely unrelated thread, but I believe it's explains what's up.

4 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Our web servers are currently in the process of being migrated to a different location, I believe this may be the reason for the update notifications not appearing.

We're still using Jay's hosting infrastructure and the operations centre is migrating a bunch of their servers. Expect more outages through this week.

We will be moving to our own hosting providers soon as well as announcing other initiatives later this month.

Apologies for the interruption to our service.

Just cancel it.  There's nothing to really download.  It's just part of the way the error message you get works when you can't connect to the server at the time.  If you do download it, it's not a virus or trojan attack attempt against your computer.  There just won't be anything for you to find after the download.  Nothing "real" is downloaded that you can see, use, etc.

Hi guys, I think the migration is almost complete, the forums seem to be stable again. I've posted some info in today's announcement.

Apologies once again for the service disruption, it's awkward timing all round for all of us :(

Archived