SCA - It's out!!!!

ridinroun

LMAO!  Yeah, I started the download at 4MB/second, and it's already down to 600KB/second now.  Time for lunch.   All you people at work, quit using your employer's computers to download it, and let us at home retired guys get it, eh?   :lol:

EDIT:  OOOOHHHH!  The Flightsim Gods must have heard me.  I'm back up to 3.0MB/sec.  :D

5 minutes ago, Bushpounder said:

Site is too busy. I can't even place the order. I'll have to wait a little bit. Looking forward to this one!!

Don

Can't get on either, geez what's all the fuss about anyway.........;)

6 minutes ago, ZIGGY said:

6 minutes ago, ZIGGY said:

only the most anticipated FTX release yet!!!!!    any way I am in the boat with some of you in that I will wait a little longer 

any way some one post screenies of kcrq!!!

Have they updated the "map" page on the website to show the coverage of the terrain along with the rest of the products? I think they said it goes from the edge of Northern Cali, south and then East over to Las Vegas. I guess thats pretty general. Looks good, will have to pick it up to cover KLAX and KLAS from FSdreamteam. 

Downloaded. Installed. Looks really, really great. And I've been all around that area a lot. However, even on a hefty system--5820K @4.5 and a GTZ980ti--it is, shall we say, a load.

There are so many L.A. neighborhoods to draw and objects galore that it puts a big strain on any system. Turning off ships and cranes helped a bit. However, I suspect it's just the nature of the beast to be demanding,.

Anyone have better luck? My results, which I'll put up on YouTube tonight, are in an airplane, The Mighty Dash, that is known for being easy on FPS. Still, that said, I am giggling like a little girl at all the detail and lovingly-crafted color and light and flat-out SOUL that this scenery has.

Best,

Marshall

I love the excitement of the release alone watching everyone dive for their Santa gift under the tree.  Soon I will get southern Cal.  but I'm still visiting Pago Pago and the Solomon Islands at the moment and don't want to leave.

Enjoy everyone!

Jim

So far its beating my expectations. I flew from Monterey to Pismo Beach and was blown away. I like how good the mountains look as they have never looked so real and all the special little touches everywhere makes it even better. Performance has been great but I haven't been down to LA yet. Thanks guys for the early Christmas present. Good Job   Josh  

Marshall,

I think all of the ORBX regions "recommend" using "Normal" setting for autogen in the PDF manuals.  Of course, I never listen to that, and had my autogen set to "Very Dense", and could get away with that in all my other ORBX regions. Uh...that didn't work too well in the LA Basin area of SCA when I went there with a complex aircraft.   Try the "Normal" autogen setting if you haven't tried that yet.  I think ORBX really meant it this time.  You'll still see lots of autogen, but your computer will thank you.  :lol:

It's a corker, right?   Even with my fairly decent system having autogen at extremely dense drops my frames down to 12-14.   Back if off to Normal and it's smooth.  I tried turning off the ships/cranes, etc and would rather have them showing and less autogen.  Besides, how many houses and buildings can you actually see at once as you fly by them?!    Still plenty to see at Normal setting and easy to crank it up on the fly as you leave the most crowded areas.

Download speeds are horrible for me. Tried the Oz one and was getting 100-200Kb/s (others going even slower). Tried a different download to test my speeds and getting the usual 2MB/s

Sigh

100/200 kb/s are lightning speeds for some parts of the world [emoji38]

Neu.

14 minutes ago, John Venema said:

Check page 10 of the user guide for how to use the control panel to disable certain scenery features that consume FPS, particularly the wind farms and dock cranes.

Thanks John,

Already disabled those.

I purchased and DL'd it this AM. I tried several of the links, all were slow, and the Cloud really stunk! Alternate 1 (at the bottom of the list), however, really worked well and allowed me to DL the product at my full 10MB/s pace in maybe 10 to 12 minutes.

My download was fine...  6.37 gig, tried to put it on my USB stick and it would not transfer (I'm at work - faster connection) saying not enough space? It's like 16 gig and as nothing on it??? Format the stick, still won't go a a zip file, unzip and gave me a 12.7 gig file???? Is that normal.

Now it's SLOWLY transferring on my USB stick as an unzip file...  WHY??? did the zip file didn't go???

Is it ok to unzip on my work computer and not on my gaming one?

SORRY' the 12.7 gig is only because I was trying to also copy the original zip file on top of the unzip one, so double

Thanks

Ben

2 hours ago, Benny said:

My download was fine...  6.37 gig, tried to put it on my USB stick and it would not transfer (I'm at work - faster connection) saying not enough space? It's like 16 gig and as nothing on it??? Format the stick, still won't go a a zip file, unzip and gave me a 12.7 gig file???? Is that normal.

Now it's SLOWLY transferring on my USB stick as an unzip file...  WHY??? did the zip file didn't go???

Maybe the USB stick was formatted as FAT32? That has a 4GB file size limit. If you format it as exFAT or NTFS the file should fit.

Archived