KEGE Eagle County

JohnMD

Jarrad ,

I just thought I would take a moment out to say thank you for this exceptional scenery package that has just been released, it really is another standout piece of work, I certainly wasn't expecting to see any new scenery on the horizon for a while as the new LC Alaska Canada update had just come out, so it was indeed a very pleasant surprise,

Much appreciated,

Regards

John MD

Jarrad ,

I just thought I would take a moment out to say thank you for this exceptional scenery package that has just been released, it really is another standout piece of work, I certainly wasn't expecting to see any new scenery on the horizon for a while as the new LC Alaska Canada update had just come out, so it was indeed a very pleasant surprise,

Much appreciated,

Regards

John MD

I will second that John.

A very pleasant surprise when the first preview shots came out and a huge surprise to see it on sale this morning.

Been busy this morning so I hope to have it installed soon and take a look.

I'll be buying this over the weekend. Spent many years making annual ski trips to Vail, can't wait to fly an area I actually know like the back of my hand.

Aspen would also be a nice area to see in this kind of detail, especially the village and slopes, and they have a nice A/P there as well.

I'll be buying this over the weekend. Spent many years making annual ski trips to Vail, can't wait to fly an area I actually know like the back of my hand.

Aspen would also be a nice area to see in this kind of detail, especially the village and slopes, and they have a nice A/P there as well.

Aspen is one of the NA Freeware airports, but don't know how the level of detail stacks up.

Stew

Just to add my thanks  and another much appreciated aspect of the product:

Flew the LDA approach today and tested my highest graphics settings with my personal max level of AI traffic - I consider this basically a GA flying profile. But I chose the PMDG NGX instead which comes with its own - considerable - VAS footprint. The sim didn't just handle this nicely fps-wise; also the VAS readout on short final was a pleasant surprise: High but not yet in the "danger zone". Considering that I was essentially provoking an OOM, I can happily confirm that this scenery is also nicely balanced VAS-wise. (And I was gobsmacked by the highly detailed visuals during that approach!)

Just bought it this evening and had my first flight. Wow is all I can say! Such detail and the FPS is exceptional for such a detailed scenery. I'm getting a consistent 35 FPS on an i5 laptop with GeForce 860m in the Turbine Duke. Spectacular! Love the amount and variety of static aircraft at the airport.

Thanks again Jarrad for an awesome scenery!

Thank you for the scenery. I just wished you could of went further to the west and include Glennwood canyon and Glennwood springs area.

Jarrad gave some screenshots showing how the landclass was redone all the way out to Glenwood, and it looked like a nice improvement. 

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/102147-eaglevail-a-couple-of-penultimate-previews/

I'm about to install this so I'll be able to check it out soon.  Also, Glenwood Springs airport is part of the Orbx freeware pack, if that helps. 

Thanks everyone for taking the time to offer your thoughts - I was quite chuffed to read them all :) I've been wanting to do one of the famous high-altitude Colorado resort airports for quite a while, and KEGE seemed the natural choice given it's size and suitability to different types of aircraft. I would have loved to have included the scenery further out again (to Glenwood Springs, or even southeast to Leadville), however I had to draw the line somewhere and for a variety of reasons Vail in the East and Canyon entrance in the West were chosen. Todd's freeware version of Glenwood Springs is highly recommended (I used it a lot myself during testing), but otherwise I hope the rest of the scenery gives you all plenty of enjoyment :)

I bought this one today trough paypal as usual, but its locked for me. So no download. Never ever had an issue like this. Is  it the shop or is temporarly removed?

G'day Marcel - the best way to resolve this will be to open a support ticket with the Flightsimstore directly

Flew the LDA approach today and tested my highest graphics settings with my personal max level of AI traffic - I consider this basically a GA flying profile. But I chose the PMDG NGX instead which comes with its own - considerable - VAS footprint. The sim didn't just handle this nicely fps-wise; also the VAS readout on short final was a pleasant surprise: High but not yet in the "danger zone". Considering that I was essentially provoking an OOM, I can happily confirm that this scenery is also nicely balanced VAS-wise. (And I was gobsmacked by the highly detailed visuals during that approach!)

That's great feedback Oliver - whilst I didn't have the NG installed during KEGE development, I made sure that I did a few circuits in other resource-heavy aircraft in my hangar at various points to make sure it was staying fps-friendly. 

Fabulous work - been waiting for this airport for decades, it's my home stomping ground, and this does it magnificent justice - many thanks Jarrad, well done Sir!

Thankyou very much - that means a lot. I haven't (yet) had a chance to visit Vail/Eagle, so it's a relief to hear that I've managed to capture the area close enough to the real thing! 

Cheers,

Jarrad

An update from me today after my posting last night claiming a nice and consistent 35 fps on the new Eagle County scenery with my i5 laptop (GTX860M). Fired up the laptop today with a clean reboot and flew from Eagle County again.. This time 42 fps with the Turbine Duke as measured by fraps! Thank you Jarrad for an amazing and performant scenery. It's like heaven on earth!

I can't wait to get home next week and buy/download/fly this airport and scenery.  I moved to Colorado about a year ago, and it's just beautiful country out here.  Perhaps Aspen/Leadville/xxxx would make a second great 3-airport combo offering.  Aspen and Leadville are not large areas individually, so I was thinkin' the combo approach might be a good idea, and it'd sure make for some wonderful mountain flying.

Jarrad, thanks for another awesome scenery area!  (I haven't even flown it, but I love it already!) ;-)  Your work is always jaw-dropping amazing. 

-Paul

I only fly around the UK and Ireland, so this scenery package is not on my radar. However, I just wanted to say that I am astonished by the level of detail (and vast area of coverage) that I have noted in screenshots of this airport and its surroundings. I really wish that other developers would provide this kind of detail over such a wide area. A very impressive product!

Now, if you could just convince John to give the green light for an ORBx version of EINN Shannon..... :smile:

Archived