Eagle/Vail: A Couple of Penultimate Previews!

G'day Everyone, 

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback on our Eagle County Airport previews. Suffice to say, there is a flurry of work going on in the background as the beta testers put the product through it's final paces; in fact I believe Emmsie might be be checking in with his traditional set of screenshots in the not too distant future :) Before he does though, I have a few bits and pieces I would like to showcase - a combination of areas requested by you, and a few other features not previously shown. Of course, there are some features and components that we'll leave for you to discover on your own!

If you are considering purchasing a copy of KEGE when it is released, it is vital that you update your ORBXlibs to the latest version - found here. Core components of KEGE rely on this update, and in order for it to display properly you will need to run the following two tasks:

1. Go to fullterrain,com/support and download the latest version of the ORBX Libraries

2. Once installed, open FTX-Central via the shortcut on your desktop, select the Global region and press apply. This will cycle and update core autogen files to the latest versions.

KEGE_1600x900_01.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_02.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_03.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_04.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_05.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_06.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_07.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_08.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_09.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_10.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_11.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_12.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_13.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_14.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_15.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_16.jpg

This animated gif (sorry about the loading time!) showcases a small section of the updated terrain outside of the photoreal coverage area. Always one of the more subtle elements of our Global Airports, the modifications to surrounding landclass, mesh, seasonal variations and some vector components such as roads and waterbodies provide the necessary transition from the underlying default terrain (with Global Base textures, of course!) to the more defined photoreal areas. Those who fly regularly around Colorado may have noticed the poor quality of the default landclass, and whilst not exhaustive by any means, there was a fair amount of work to the LC around KEGE to resolve some of these issues. Displayed below is a comparison shot of the Glenwood Springs area west of KEGE. Those of you with a keen eye may also note the updated landclass work to mountains and mesas along the horizon, to the far east of the coverage zone. 

KEGE_1600x900_20_Landclass.gif

KEGE_1600x900_17.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_18.jpg

KEGE_1600x900_19.jpg

Cheers!

Jarrad

Thanks very much guys, for those of you that have picked up a copy, I hope you get many enjoyable simmer hours out of it :)

I see you are based in Perth.

Did you visit Vail to gather your material?

If not, you must have some excellent sources

Thanks TTM, I am indeed based in the most beautiful city in the world (said without any bias, of course!). Unfortunately I have not visited the Eagle-Vail area in real life - in fact it has been the first airport I have done in quite a while that I have not visited prior. I was lucky to have some excellent help from a couple of the team members - Alex Goff was very generous with his time by venturing out to the airport to take some source photos, and Todd Harrell also did quite a bit behind the scenes to arrange for some additional photos to be taken. I should also point how helpful many locals were - in addition to staff at Eagle County Airport and Vail Valley Jet Center (who were both generous with their time and expertise), a couple of local pilots also offered answers to some more intricate questions I had about the runway signage. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thanks very much guys, for those of you that have picked up a copy, I hope you get many enjoyable simmer hours out of it :)

Thanks TTM, I am indeed based in the most beautiful city in the world (said without any bias, of course!). Unfortunately I have not visited the Eagle-Vail area in real life - in fact it has been the first airport I have done in quite a while that I have not visited prior. I was lucky to have some excellent help from a couple of the team members - Alex Goff was very generous with his time by venturing out to the airport to take some source photos, and Todd Harrell also did quite a bit behind the scenes to arrange for some additional photos to be taken. I should also point how helpful many locals were - in addition to staff at Eagle County Airport and Vail Valley Jet Center (who were both generous with their time and expertise), a couple of local pilots also offered answers to some more intricate questions I had about the runway signage. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Considering you didn't get on site, an amazing effort. Well done.

I trust Costco paid you a product placement fee to appear at the airport? ::)

TTM

• 4 weeks later...

Archived