In the Land of My Fathers......

macca22au

Why is this livery here.

It is Free Trade, and though politically sensitive there is no way that airlines can survive under protection without huge calls on the public purse. Air NZ is amongst the most efficient airlines, and Qantas is simply another competitor.

So why am I flying a Qantas Boeing,,,,,exactly....  I have to reload the Aerosoft A320, because ANZ uses this type for its medium range fleet.

inthelandofmyfathersmod.jpg

Hokianga Harbour under the tail, protected by a bar from the frequently huge SW swell and weather.  Once a flourishing timber port, now the victim of denuded rainforest and massive slippage into the tributaries as the soft rocks were exposed after the timber was removed.

in4mod.jpg

Excellent observation: national air lines not survive without public support, even in the US (everything is done behind the scenes LoL!).

Today's greed is destroying the legacy assets and giving the glimpse of a scenario not very promising!

But what matters: I liked a lot of these shots!

Cheers,

Voyager

Two cracking shots, I also coincidently "re-discovered" my NGX yesterday, I was all set to press a rather pricey button on their 777... when I paused & thought...Have I really spent enough time with my NGX? no... Am I buying the 777 because I have space in my hanger? no... Do I really need it? nah

So I dessed the NGX 800 in the new American livery and headed to Pago for some touch & goes...great fun

Also $90 not spent...so far, hmmm

Two cracking shots, I also coincidently "re-discovered" my NGX yesterday, I was all set to press a rather pricey button on their 777... when I paused & thought...Have I really spent enough time with my NGX? no... Am I buying the 777 because I have space in my hanger? no... Do I really need it? nah

So I dessed the NGX 800 in the new American livery and headed to Pago for some touch & goes...great fun

Also $90 not spent...so far, hmmm

You can think of it as 'money saved' now and spend it with a free conscience.

I must say that I enjoy the PMDG 777 greatly as well.  With the NGX it is the most flown in my hangar.  However I must get back to the Aerososft and/or Blackbox A320/321 series.

But really hanging out for a top-of-the shelf B787 - and in due course the A350.  (Is the Quality Wings version likely to be good?  The trouble is apart from a few companies, programming for FS is a cottage industry!)

There are an increasing number of Dreamliners down under but nothing like the fleets in North America, Europe and the mid-East.  Their range is what is so desirable in our world with its long oceanic legs, and even the huge distances across Australia.

Why is this livery here.

It is Free Trade, and though politically sensitive there is no way that airlines can survive under protection without huge calls on the public purse. Air NZ is amongst the most efficient airlines, and Qantas is simply another competitor.

So why am I flying a Qantas Boeing,,,,,exactly....  I have to reload the Aerosoft A320, because ANZ uses this type for its medium range fleet.

inthelandofmyfathersmod.jpg

Hokianga Harbour under the tail, protected by a bar from the frequently huge SW swell and weather.  Once a flourishing timber port, now the victim of denuded rainforest and massive slippage into the tributaries as the soft rocks were exposed after the timber was removed.

in4mod.jpg

Hello,

Sorry to be honest but your scenery texture look horrible...something wrong for sure.

We can help you if you want. With your computer it will be not too difficult to see a better look.

I am not here for do the show-off but just for the example .This is the texture you should see.

Have a nice day.

2015-8-1_23-58-38-89.jpg

We may be comparing apples and oranges here ;) ... where was your shot taken, Filou? Also - I daren't speak for Ian, but some people turn down their autogen (and maybe other settings) a lot when they're flying the tubeliners.

Adam.

My absolute problem is that my shots are brilliant when captured at 3840x on my UHD, but lose a large amount of detail and sharpness when processed through MS Picture Manager and OZx Image.

If I can process my pictures any other way, to retain the excellence of the original capture, I would be most happy for the advice.

My absolute problem is that my shots are brilliant when captured at 3840x on my UHD, but lose a large amount of detail and sharpness when processed through MS Picture Manager and OZx Image.

If I can process my pictures any other way, to retain the excellence of the original capture, I would be most happy for the advice.

Thanks you for the information.

I don't have probleme with my DSR resolution to show my shots and what you see it'is what i see in my simulator.My observation about your shots it's only to understand...

But if it is more brilliant when your captured at 3840x on your UHD to show us,it'is better like that.

All the interest of ORBX scenery it's to see all his potential.

Any way.Thanks for the reply

We may be comparing apples and oranges here ;) ... where was your shot taken, Filou? Also - I daren't speak for Ian, but some people turn down their autogen (and maybe other settings) a lot when they're flying the tubeliners.

Adam.

Hello Adam,

I do not want to make comparison only one observation between what i see in my simulator and what i see with this shots.

Thanks

It is good to consider that usually this effect occurs when going from one view to another (VC to Locked spot, eg) and the scenery is still regenerating. 

As there is some lag in these changes when one is operating complex tube liners, it happens that simmer seeing the aircraft in the foreground, in a hurry, press V key. 

Who flies tube liners knows that ... and doesn't give importance to this blurry, because one knows that is a matter of moments.

This happens even with RIG's with the "size" of Filou has ... LoL

Cheers,

Voyager

Filou, je ne comprend pas...

How do I transfer from my UHD screen snip to this forum without losing sharpness and colour?  That is my dilemma.

2015-8-1_18-10-42-137.jpg

Do you use "wide view aspect ratio in P3D ? (Off for me)

1) For me it's a zoom ,which is not well used

2) Another think very important "for me":

If you use the default weather,make sure the visibility is 10 mi/16 km maximum

If you use active sky next make sure in the "visibility option" and "maximum upper visibility" is 15 maximum.The visibility inside the simulator make the big difference and with "my" setting it's look more real for my eyes.

Filou:  it is all in the monitor I have discovered.

I opened a screenshot on a conventional 1940x monitor and the picture went flat and greener in hue.

I then moved it back to the UHD monitor and the picture was restored in light, sharpness and colour.

I would be interested to learn the experience of others, if they open, say the Air New Zealand Maori themed aircraft on a UHD monitor.

I am worried however that the adjustments I made to the picture through MS Picture manager might in fact reduce the quality on the UHD.

I shall post a series of untouched shots later today, so that those with UHD screens might test my theory.

PS I cannot find where the adjustment to DSR is located.

Is in the NVidia Control Panel, or in Nvid Inspector??

Ian - a fair bit to plough through here, so make a cup of tea/coffee - and make sure you're sitting comfortably :lol:

Firstly - there seems to be a bit wrong with your P3D NZNI setup. Here's my "take" of roughly the same shot:

inthelandofmyfathers_adam_1350.jpg

Note that I've left the SLEW info showing so you can set up the same position. P3DDv2 - with no editing of any kind - other than cropping/resizing.

1) Your scenery looks totally different. Your signature says you have NZNI - but did you have "Oceania" set in FTX Central?

2) Your season seems all wrong too. Even in summer (it's winter here now) this area never gets that brown. I don't think it's a graphics card or monitor issue - more like the wrong scenery being active (looks like P3D default to me).

As regards what to do with the actual screenshots:

3) See if you can find a half-decent graphics program ("GIMP" is free, but has an insane GUI - love it or loathe it). This should allow you to resize and *resample* decently -when you shrink pics from your (large) original to something you want to post online (I never bother going higher than 1350px - as above).

4) If you want to throw money at it, Paintshop Pro is good. I'm lucky to have Photoshop (which I use for my "day job") - but it'd be overkill just for screenshots.

5) If all you want to do is *resize*, then there used to be a free program out there called "Pixresizer".

6) Save your pics in jpg format - with a compression ratio of no lower than 6 (out of 10). 7 or 8 ideally, but keep an eye on total filesize. I like to keep0 mine below 250k if I can.

7) Don't fiddle too much with either monitor or basic desktop colour corrections. Defaults should be good (in theory!!!). Other wise what we all see will be very different to what you see - P3D or browser.

8) I also use OzX (fsfiles.org) for hosting - no problems there (thanks OzX!!!).

Lastly (phew!!) - take a look at DSR (Google it). It will allow you to take *massive* screengrabs, which then scale down with much more detail. I rarely fly with it on (my PC is just not *quite* powerful enough) - all I do is freeze, then pop into DSR (full-screen) mode, take the pic, then get back into the cockpit.

Adam.

P.S. Check you PM!!

Hello,

My P3D settings

My Nvidia (DSR) setting

1) Nvidia control panel

2) Adjust image settings with preview

filou2.png

filou3.png

filou5.png

filou5fc70b.png

3) Change resolution monitor

filou6.png

4) Open P3D "Option setting ddisplay"

Change your resolution inside P3D

5) My P3D settings.This is the very good settings for a very good balance with a very good visual and fps

filou7.png

filou8.png

filou9.png

filou10.png

filou11.png

Filou, thank you indeed,

But my Nvidia Control Panel has DSR turned off, and the drop-down menu only shows OFF.

Neither P3D or FSX show as supported games.

Did you have to do anything to get Nvidia Global to allow DSR to be turned on.  Smoothness is grayed out as a result.

Hello,

The first thing to do is download :

Nvidia GeForce experience and with this utility download the last driver for your graphic card.(Check for updates)

filou15.png

On your shots you have something wrong with your autogen distant.One of the P3D advantage is to keep visually the autogen very fare. It's probleme with your graphic card parameter.

filou17.jpg

Archived