Stockholm-Arlanda

WebMaximus

Read that you guys signed with a developer working on a new scenery for Stockholm-Arlanda.

I'm one of many who has been dreaming about a new and fresh scenery for many years so if you guys will turn out to be part of this it's almost too good to be true looking at the quality of your products!

Any chance for a comment on this and a very rough time frame? I'm in no way asking for a release date, more like we're talking about months or years?

If and when an Orbx-developped Stockholm-Arlanda scenery will be released will for sure be a day to remember and celebrate!

Yes, I'm also curious about this. I guess we'll just have to wait for the official announcement. I'm glad we are finally seeing some high-quality Swedish scenery again, I just wish Finland would get some attention too. I fly X-Plane as well sometimes and we have the guys at Truscenery there who makes super-duper quality Finnish scenery, maybe I can convince them to join Orbx and make FSX/P3Dv2 scenery. ;D

That would be awesome :)

Considering the amount of activity in Scandinavia checking the online networks I don't understand why this region has been neglected for so long in the flightsim community but I hope it will change in the near future.

Don't kill him. Ease this man's pain.

I want to live long enough to see Richard post something online, on this or any forum, about something other than ESSA and how badly we need a new one.

Richard, just poking fun at you -- but there are two or three of you out there that have basically earned this rep. There is another guy around that asks for Perth, I swear, on each and every post he makes. Doesn't bother me, just it is a bit funny. I am very glad that you and I will get to see this all come true at some point -- hope it also suggests that there might be some possibility of an FTX Sweden -- I am sure that would also warm your heart!

Thanks for the update and take your time making this product as top-notch as we're all hoping for :)

Any news if the plane spotting hill/shed close to 19L will be included in the finished product? That would be awesome and if you would also include the handmade wooden pile at the edge of the forrest to the left of runway 26 beers are on me ;)

I can provide pictures if needed, just let me know.

We are working very intense, 

I've understood the Swedish summer has been a disappointment so far, I apologize not being able to give it to you already so you could have stayed inside with joy ;)

Finally aerosoft arlanda will be replaced! I wish you big success with this project  :D

Thanks for the update and take your time making this product as top-notch as we're all hoping for :)

Any news if the plane spotting hill/shed close to 19L will be included in the finished product? That would be awesome and if you would also include the handmade wooden pile at the edge of the forrest to the left of runway 26 beers are on me ;)

I can provide pictures if needed, just let me know.

Send them a full length photograph of yourself standing on the hill or sitting on the woodpile and they could model you as 'People Flow'  :D

• 2 months later...

That would be awesome :)

Considering the amount of activity in Scandinavia checking the online networks I don't understand why this region has been neglected for so long in the flightsim community but I hope it will change in the near future.

The answer is short and simple. Aerosofts outdated and neglected version of Arlanda. They even admitted (in a forum thread I started) that they had no intentions of updating because "they didn't believe that it would generate more money"...

If Sweden got a new Arlanda scenery, along with the fairly new Göteborg Landvetter scenery, and the upcoming Sweden design's more VFR-based textures, Sweden can once again start to get the traffic it earns. Based on the competent Vatsim controllers, Sweden should really be a destination for many online pilots!

The answer is short and simple. Aerosofts outdated and neglected version of Arlanda. They even admitted (in a forum thread I started) that they had no intentions of updating because "they didn't believe that it would generate more money"...

If Sweden got a new Arlanda scenery, along with the fairly new Göteborg Landvetter scenery, and the upcoming Sweden design's more VFR-based textures, Sweden can once again start to get the traffic it earns. Based on the competent Vatsim controllers, Sweden should really be a destination for many online pilots!

Yeah, but at the same time Mathijs over at Aerosoft told me not that long ago they do have a new Arlanda scenery on their list of upcoming airport scenery without being able to give me any more details so I'm not sure what to think honestly.

When ;) Sweden will get a new Arlanda scenery I'm sure the airspace will be filled with traffic or at least I hope it will because just as you say the Vatsim ATC is really impressive in Sweden and I know some of those guys also work in the aviation business IRL so that of course explains their expertise and with a new and top-notch Stockholm-Arlanda scenery it will be FSX/P3D heaven :D

Hey everyone! Thanks for the support.

Regarding the jetways it is currently not in the plans to make them moving. It's a lot of different gate types and we've come to the conclusion to put that part on hold. Not saying it will never happen, but it is currently not being worked on at least. No promises. But there will be other nice features! :)

OK, thanks for the info Marcus.

Sure it would have been nice with moving jetways and I'll keep my fingers crossed we'll have them eventually but having an overall detailed and beautiful scenery is more important and like many others in here I have a very hard time waiting for this one...sigh... :D

Very best job Marcus ... Congratulation for this choice airport !  ... hope are release for a new FTX area ...

Me too, in 2015-2016 FSX P3D airports, I think necessary add the moving jetways ! 

Also, because Orbx product not give a chance compatibility with AES from ( an other developer ) ...

The only chance for the user simmers have a moving jetways at ESSA, are in your hands ... < ;)

But of course ... detailed and beautiful scenery is more important !

Good luck, good job with ESSA. 

A quick question if you don't mind Marcus.

What is the scope of the scenery? Is it "only" the airport or will you cover any of the surrounding areas as well. Considering I grew up In Märsta, and still live in the area, it would be just amazing to see the town come to life in FSX ;)

Archived