Drone interiors of abbey

rockliffe

A few weeks ago I was asked to shoot some material of Downside Abbey, it wasn't until I arrived, that I was told I could also film inside the abbey! Without going into any great detail, shooting inside with a drone (UAV) comes with it's own set of challenges. Anyway, I thought some of my virtual buddies would like to see how it turned out...

"https://vimeo.com/132032027">The

Thanks all again fellas....

Beautiful Howard, nicely done! May I ask which camera you are using because the quality is amazing.

Ben 

Hi Ben, sure, it's the DJI Inspire. I shoot at 4K 25fps and then render out to 1080p HD.

Wow Rocky what a fantastic trip, I dont know about this place and am going to find out about it now on the web.

I am sure it was built long ago and those ceiling arches are of fantastic architecture and construction.

also friend your editing of your footage was great. You must have one of those gyroscopic camera stabilizer "thingys"( a highly scientific term I know) or else you have incredible thumb control.

might I just suggest that this might be the first of a series? I would love to see York and Beverley Minsters done by you if you ever get the chance, and even some of the more interesting Medieval churches.. Teecee.

Wow Rocky what a fantastic trip, I dont know about this place and am going to find out about it now on the web.

I am sure it was built long ago and those ceiling arches are of fantastic architecture and construction.

also friend your editing of your footage was great. You must have one of those gyroscopic camera stabilizer "thingys"( a highly scientific term I know) or else you have incredible thumb control.

Here is a small video that explain how drone can give a stable image, it's called a brushless gimbal. It's a gyroscopic board / support for the cam. It's built out of 2 brushless motor (or 3) and a board that as the auto leveling gyro.

Brushless motor, no brush and very fast reaction. Smae goes for  propulsion of the drone, powerful brushless motor... no brush mean no real wear or friction.

In this video you will that that no matter how the drone is shaken by the wind or pilot error the cam stay steady... it's not exactly the same for Howard machine (high end drone $$$) but you will get the idea.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv2IF7V-nv0

Ben

Thanks again fellas for all the kind comments...

might I just suggest that this might be the first of a series? I would love to see York and Beverley Minsters done by you if you ever get the chance, and even some of the more interesting Medieval churches.. Teecee.

Hi Teecee, well, I won't premempt things, but I have approached a very famous cathedral, close by (gis wot it is yit?) I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if I get the go ahead, it will be awesome

I have approached a very famous cathedral, close by (gis wot it is yit?) I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but if I get the go ahead, it will be awesome

Might that name involve the drawing of water by vertical means?  That would be impressive indeed!

Archived