SoCal

jmg225

Dear team Orbx

All I can say after buying your scenery is wow! I was wondering when Southern California for North America might be released. I emailed about A year and a half ago and asked the same question and was told it wait probably be released around February 2015 which is of course come and gone. It would be such a wonderful area to model and of course connect with your already wonderful Northern California scenery. I was also just curious if there's any advantage to P3D over FSX for your scenery quality.

Thank you for all your work,

John

This is a huge area with a multitude of fascinating destinations. Without being a forteller, this is going to be a - if not THE - bestseller of all ORBX sceneries.

Kind regards, Michael

• 4 months later...

I downloaded the Socal coverage map (http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2015/post-375-0-93945500-1431547407.jpg) and zoomed into it....yes, Yuma, AZ is indeed within the outlined boundaries, in the far SE corner. Tijuana and Mexicali are also included, according to the map. Along with the Colorado River from the Hoover Dam area extending into northern Mexico.

Looks like a nice addition!  More of a curious question.  If one purchased SoCal and wanted to add Palm Springs to it, would they have to buy Global or would Palm Springs work with the region?

Thanks,

Brett

It's a sure bet that Palm Springs and SoCal will be compatible, somehow some way.

Stew

Well, here we are...the 1st of October and still no Southern California region. C'mon Orbx...my penny jar is full and ready to be spent.

JV did say late October or early November. It will be here when its ready. I bet you in a few weeks we will be seeing previews.

We're running eight weeks behind schedule due to recruiting and training a new terrain texture artist, sorry about the delay. It's mainly the landclass textures that are holding up release, everything else is pretty much done.

Will SCA already include the new quad installer incl. P3D v3?

• 5 weeks later...

Morning John,

Do you know when some preview screenies will start to show up for So.Cal Region sir?  looking forward to this release. I'm holding out on any So Cal airport purchases til I see what the new region looks like. :)

Archived