Devils Tower

lockheed

Frank is the mountain 'master' of FSX!

Some years ago I downloaded his fabulous freeware HD renditions of Everest and Matterhorn and was really blown by the amazing detail.

He has also rendered some other Himalyan mountains for FSX like Makalu, Nanga Parbat, Broad Peak, K2.

Hey, I even have a scenery folder in FSX named "Frank's peaks" in my computer...

I am very happy to see him working with the Orbx team to produce such great scenery!

Thank you Frank!

Very nice job indeed and thanks! I stayed in one of the Koa cabins along the water there below the tower. Awesome place to visit and watch close in counters in the evening. Thank you so much Frank and Orbx!

Jim

Fantastic work! Tough to land a trike however:

The view from inside Devils Tower

Hehe!  Yeah, I discovered that too while trying to land a SuperCub.  That and the rocks were quite a hazard, though I got down eventually.

OMG it's not full of stars!

2015-4-22_18-9-45-222.th.jpg

So... isn't there a spaceship around here somewhere?

2015-4-22_18-48-40-533.th.jpg

Great work Frank!

I know this sounds crazy, but ever since yesterday on the road, I've been seeing this shape. Shaving cream, pillows... Dammit! I know this. I know what this is! This means something. This is important.

Thanks, Frank, for those fantastic sceneries. Devil's Tower also shows that you greatly improved the other aspects of the scenery beside the 3d mountain itself, like the airport or the builfing models. I hope you will also be contributing to future Orbx full fat regions especially in mountainous areas.

Best regards, Fabian

Downloading it now, be fun if there was a sort of Close Encounters of the Third Kind  easter egg :)

The guy with the horn rimmed glasses who gets the gas and falls asleep lying up the slope would be fun :lol:

This must be a added bonus to the Devils tower package ( correct me if I'm wrong). Town of Hulett with airport. NE of the tower. Golf course and lodge with town down below. Had fun running tourist to the tower for a great day of hiking.

Jim

Devils tower is excellent, a large file for the HD but very pretty.  One thing I was (slightly) disappointed in.  You cant land on it.   I tried to land on top of it with a helo and went straight through.  Maybe thats where the aliens are?   Its hollow.  :-)

What an easter egg that would be...  

Devils tower is excellent, a large file for the HD but very pretty.  One thing I was (slightly) disappointed in.  You cant land on it.   I tried to land on top of it with a helo and went straight through.  Maybe thats where the aliens are?   Its hollow.   :-)

What an easter egg that would be...  

What, you can't do this, you mean?

2015-4-22_18-0-57-132.th.jpg2015-4-22_18-30-35-674.th.jpg2015-4-22_18-53-47-266.th.jpg2015-4-22_18-48-40-533.th.jpg  

Mind you, if you try to touch down too soon, you can do this ;)

2015-4-22_18-9-45-222.th.jpg

OK, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I've got it installed. Now how do I find it? I didn't see a flight plan or any doc info, no kmz. I have no clue where this is at. Am I missing something?

Running FSX?  Type in Devils Tower in the Select Airport screen.  Or its airport code is HPDT.

Stew

OK, at the risk of sounding like an idiot, I've got it installed. Now how do I find it? I didn't see a flight plan or any doc info, no kmz. I have no clue where this is at. Am I missing something?

jsapair, Devils Tower National Park is 7.7nm SW of Hulet Airport (W43), in USA Wyoming, which is included in Frank's great package. Together with Ivy Ranch airstrip (W14)

Have a look in the included PDF file that gives a lot of location detail.

Thank you again Frank

It didn't install the .pdf for some reason. Not under ORBX/User Docs, anyway. A search brings up the DT Text File under Versions and a couple .dds files. That's it.  I'm a right-thumber. I always read the manual...when there is one. Maybe I'll try a re-install. But thanks boys, at least I can find it now.

Archived