ORBXlibs 150331 and Central V2 update

antonvs

Hmmmm, while updating Europe scenery the process takes me to FSX Central instead of showing FSX Central 2, but after turning off FSX Central I open FTX Central 2 and the update's I have installed are shown in FSX Central 2 so it is doing what it is supposed to do.

So do I need to uninstall FSX Central (the original one) ?

Hmmmm, while updating Europe scenery the process takes me to FSX Central instead of showing FSX Central 2, but after turning off FSX Central I open FTX Central 2 and the update's I have installed are shown in FSX Central 2 so it is doing what it is supposed to do.

So do I need to uninstall FSX Central (the original one) ?

That will be normal behaviour unfortunately. Older installers are scripted to call the old FTX-C and FTX-Cv2 works independently and is located elsewhere. What you did is the suggested work around. No need to uninstall the old FTX Central, though if you wish you can go to the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral folder and delete the FTXCentral.exe file.

Hi just one question.

We have been advised in the past to re install the latest lib files if we make any changes to our ORBX scenery. For example if for some reason we had to re install SUMBURGH ( for whatever reason ) it would be best to re install the latest libs in case any of the newer files had been overwritten. Does this mean FTX Central V2 checks our files each time it is started to ensure we still have an up to date libs set?

Graham

FTX Central checks the version text files and matches them to what's the latest in our database.

If you have an older Orbxlibs installed that text file will be different and hence you will be alerted to grab the latest version.

Orbxlibs hasn't been bundled with airports or regions for a while now, so that sort of situation should be quite rare now.

Just installed the FTX Central V2 - one small observation: when running for the first time it warns that this is still a beta version. According to the release forum this is no longer the case? Cosmetic only I'm sure...

Remko

Hi Ed, at home I have an expensive 4G (cellular) internet.

Fine if it's checking if I'm up to date but not to download big file, I do that at work.

Can I disable the  BIG download fine?

Ben

Hi Ed, at home I have an expensive 4G (cellular) internet.

Fine if it's checking if I'm up to date but not to download big file, I do that at work.

Can I disable the  BIG download fine?

Ben

Hi Ben,

FTX Central will not download any large files without first checking with the user first.

The only file that FTX Central will download without permission is the update for FTX Central itself (usually only 10 MB).

If you want to disable this, you can uncheck these boxes in the settings, like this:

oZfJlWZ.jpg

I've downloaded the updated ORBX libs file several times and it says it is an invalid zip file every time I try to unpack it. Am I doing something wrong?!

Hi Peter,

Are you doing this via FTX Central v2? Or using the traditional zip file downloaded from the website?

Peter,

had the same problem today 10 tries, 10 failures so I just got the update via the new FTX Central v2.  It doesn't allow you to save the zip file however but will install the latest libraries for you.

I suspect that the ORBX servers are being hammered by everybody getting the update via Central at the moment.

That will be normal behaviour unfortunately. Older installers are scripted to call the old FTX-C and FTX-Cv2 works independently and is located elsewhere. What you did is the suggested work around. No need to uninstall the old FTX Central, though if you wish you can go to the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral folder and delete the FTXCentral.exe file.

Any chance of updating the installer at some point to give us the option to uninstall vs 1? I realize you have just rolled out the product and that is not a priority at the moment. Maybe the next updste.

Can't you just replace the old FTXCentral.exe code with a call routine to the new FTXCentral.exe ?

I guess it only makes sense if the old FTXCentral.exe that comes with the scenery installers doesn't simply overwrite the existing one.

GFD and Vora,  Ed has already answered that question, see above

Wow, thanks so much Ben and Ed, much appreciated. The only thing I notice is a couple of my airports KPSP and KSEZ do not show up, but I suspect that is because I don't have FTX Global installed, not sure why that would matter but evidently it does.

Other than that a very nice application that makes keeping up on all the updates so much easier.

Thanks again!

Cheers

Martin

I've downloaded the updated ORBX libs file several times and it says it is an invalid zip file every time I try to unpack it. Am I doing something wrong?!

Hi Peter,

Have you tried downloading from the ORBX Cloud server?

Hope this helps :)

GFD and Vora,  Ed has already answered that question, see above

I guess you didn't understand my post. I was suggesting a way around the problem that Ed wrote about.

I guess you didn't understand my post. I was suggesting a way around the problem that Ed wrote about.

sorry Vora, I did think you wanted to remove FSX Central and just leave FSX Central 2  :footmouth:

Hello,

I've got a problem when using FTX Central v2. I like a "clean" windows start menu, so I have arranged all my programs in folders created be myself. But everytime I start FTX Central v2 a new folder named "Orbx" is created in the windows start menu. After deleting this folder and restarting FTX Central v2 this folder was created again.

How can I disable this behavior? I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit (German version).

Patric

Hello,

I've got a problem when using FTX Central v2. I like a "clean" windows start menu, so I have arranged all my programs in folders created be myself. But everytime I start FTX Central v2 a new folder named "Orbx" is created in the windows start menu. After deleting this folder and restarting FTX Central v2 this folder was created again.

How can I disable this behavior? I'm using Windows 8.1 64bit (German version).

Patric

Hi Patric,

If you edit %localappdata%\Orbx\ftxc.json and replace:

"orbx_ftxc_shortcut_startmenu":"True"

with

"orbx_ftxc_shortcut_startmenu":"False"

It will stop FTX Central from creating the start menu shortcut.

OKAY it says ... 

Cannot open file it does not appear to be a valid archive.   Download again ... 

which I have done but each time I get this same response ... 

are you using a download manager?

Internet Download Manager is great, it is payware but there is a trial ver https://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

"Great not to have to download the updates" You still do...central only takes you to the update page...at least that has been my experience so far in updating an airport.

I would guess that Ryan is referring to just Central and ORBXlibs that auto update

So if I install an older airport scenery and it says to run the latest libs.

How does that work with V2 now?  Do I download the latest libs separatley and run that? Or, will FTX Central V2 allow me to update it through that? or don't I have to do this anymore?

Just installed the FTX Central V2 - one small observation: when running for the first time it warns that this is still a beta version. According to the release forum this is no longer the case? Cosmetic only I'm sure...

Remko

I just installed and got the same initial opening screen claiming this is still the beta.

Is the Check for Updates button supposed to return an answer even if all products are up to date?

Archived