P3Dv2.5 test flights

Adam Banks

Well ... it took me the whole weekend - demolishing my old 2.4, defragging, then installing a clean P3D v2.5. After all that, I can't say I've noticed any difference :lol: ... apart from no longer dark rotating thumbnails!

All that work took me away from screenshotting ... and the end of the month looms! Still a fair few aircraft to install, so my entry may just have to come from this batch!

airbus_nzaa_625_1280.jpg

PCAviator made me an offer I couldn't refuse:

p3d25_bronco_304_1280.jpg

That FAC is so far forward, he's in NZ!

p3d25_bronco_697_1280.jpg

The "Old Faithful" re-appears in 2.5:

p3d25_dak_555_1280.jpg

... and finally ... a "Warbird over Waiheke"!

2015-2-24_4-20-14-924a_1350.jpg

Adam.

Hey Adam - great sets.... did you not notice that load times are shorter? I also feel like I am getting a better average of FPS with all settings on high including a larger number of traffic settings over 2.4 but that could be my wishful thinking.

Hey Adam - great sets.... did you not notice that load times are shorter? I also feel like I am getting a better average of FPS with all settings on high including a larger number of traffic settings over 2.4 but that could be my wishful thinking.

Not on my ancient system, I'm not! Not *yet*, at least. When I've installed my last aircraft (that'll be the day!) then I'll defrag again and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks François - as you can see by the extra large size, #5 is probably my favourite. I do like #1, but I suspect many won't :lol:.

Adam.

Awesome shots, but I disagree, take a close look at no 3, the terrain shadows are now worth using, they create along with all the other shadows an autogen lighting which turns those tree covered mountains into a superb sculpture, so much depth in them thar hills now.

I'm testing a new scenery at the moment and have found that by turning of the HDR and turning on all the shadows it creats the best 3d depth I have every seen in a flight sim, so much so that I love getting really low and skim the tree tops, I just watch all that terrain and all the diff lighting patterns. Sorry the ramble but no3 inspired me.

Cheers

Thanks for the encouragement, folks!

I've pretty well finished adding all my aircraft to P3Dv2.5 now - and will be posting part #2 of my test flights, so be prepared for the deluge.

Many of these new shots feature the amazing shadow/lighting effects you get on all scenery - especially when it's  ORBX.

Watch this space!

Adam.

Archived