I am an OrbX addict.

Penzoil3

8) I just counted. Because of the cotton picking  (wonderful)  sale, I have purchased 9 airports this month, plus Norway. I can't even install 3 of them yet, they're not Prepar3D V2 ready yet. Oh the waiting, LOL.

Merry Christmas everybody.

Sue

Accidental duplicate while editing, sorry.

No, it just means you have something to purchase while waiting.  Like Spirit Flyer says, resistance is futile.

I suppose and a sale is a rare enough occassion around here.  Finally I gave in.

Downloading the RV-4 now.... watch now it will become my favorite touring airplane for ORBX regions, and I will wonder why in the world I never grabbed it before.

Bruce / Sniper,

Just as a side question, do either of you guys own the Iris PC-21? It is made for FSX but they say it works OK in P3D v2. Just wondering.Sorry

Sorry Ripcord, but no, I do not. I mostly only fly Accusim aircraft, although after you and Bruce were discussing about the Victa, I just bought it and installed it.But, as for Iris aircraft, I have no experience. Sorry friend...

Sorry Ripcord, but no, I do not. I mostly only fly Accusim aircraft, although after you and Bruce were discussing about the Victa, I just bought it and installed it.But, as for Iris aircraft, I have no experience. Sorry friend...

Sniper & Ripcord,  If you gents would be so kind to let us know what you think of the Victa.  I've been flying the Lancair lately and am mostly impressed...handles like a small jet in my estimation.  But when I want to fly a little slower I go back to my trusty A2A C172; will gradually look to trying out the Cherokee 180.  Any opinions Sniper?  Ripcord?

Stew

ORBX addict!  Me too.  In fact I'm a download junkie, who spends 10 x the amount of time downloading, tweaking, or making scenery as I do flying these days.  My FSX (and P3D) have become more scenery simulators than flight simulators.  And it's all ORBX's fault! ;)  :)

Merry Christmas,

Cheers,

Sniper & Ripcord,  If you gents would be so kind to let us know what you think of the Victa.  I've been flying the Lancair lately and am mostly impressed...handles like a small jet in my estimation.  But when I want to fly a little slower I go back to my trusty A2A C172; will gradually look to trying out the Cherokee 180.  Any opinions Sniper?  Ripcord?

Stew

PM sent Stew :)

I am just an FS addict. No work the last 2 weeks, combined with the sales means trouble.

As I type I am downloading Sekiu and after that Squamish. Last week it was Norway.

Then there are the Virtualcol EMB-170/5, 190/5, ATR-42 and 75 I have brought this week.

Today a nice person whose initials are "fmorgenstern" (thanks kind sir for the info) made me aware that the Staggerwing was on sale so I now have another nice radial in my hangar.

I must say that ORBX are my first choice with scenery.

ORBX addict!  Me too.  In fact I'm a download junkie, who spends 10 x the amount of time downloading, tweaking, or making scenery as I do flying these days.  My FSX (and P3D) have become more scenery simulators than flight simulators.  And it's all ORBX's fault! ;)  :)

Merry Christmas,

Cheers,

With the P3D install with all the ORBX scenery I have not had too much time to fly.

Along with a couple of niggling problems which I have ,managed to cure via the support forums and all the new planes I have been trying out the install is taking a long time.

I will be happy when it is all finished so I can sit down and do some serious flying.

Time to install 2 new ORBX airports and try them out.

Hope you all have a safe and happy Festive Season.

Well, you got one now -- if you are interested, I got an extra one here and I'm putting your name on it. Let me know. Accidently bought it from two places that had it on sale. The helpful fellow Andres at FSS said I could transfer it over or 'merge it' I think he said to your (or whomever's) account.

I feel like less of a jerk if I give it to a decent level-headed enlisted guy on active duty far from home (Hawaii is hardly tough duty but it isn't cheap either).

If you aren't interested, then it goes to Bruce - just because I like the hell out of that guy.

Merry Christmas Sue and all Orbx Addicts!

Wow Bruce, the RV-4 has damage modelling? I had absolutely no idea! Now that's some really interesting news to find out. I like it!

Have a great Xmas you guys! :D

Well, you got one now -- if you are interested, I got an extra one here and I'm putting your name on it. Let me know. Accidently bought it from two places that had it on sale. The helpful fellow Andres at FSS said I could transfer it over or 'merge it' I think he said to your (or whomever's) account.

I feel like less of a jerk if I give it to a decent level-headed enlisted guy on active duty far from home (Hawaii is hardly tough duty but it isn't cheap either).

If you aren't interested, then it goes to Bruce - just because I like the hell out of that guy.

Ripcord, just getting to catch up on this thread (as you are aware, Hawaii is way behind compared to the rest of the world ;) ) First off, I must say a hearty Thank You for the offer on the aircraft. I would prefer it if you pass the offer on to Bruce though, as I feel he is in more need of some Christmas cheer after that last 'bah humbug' retort :D  And thank you for referring to me as a level headed enlisted guy, that actually means something to me (although some of my past service mates might debate that one) :) And you are correct, Hawaiian duty as far from rough. As I type this very message I am looking out my command center window (translation-home office window) at the 17th fairway of the golf course that my condo sits on...there is a sand bunker about 25 meters away that gets a lot of business from players, and it keeps me entertained watching people deal with it. Did I mention that it is an even 70 degrees at 1000 hours? Well, I digress. Again, thank you for the offer, but please pass it on to Bruce.

And to get this thread back on topic after I dragged it into Fantasy Land, even living in Hawaii, surrounded by beaches, golf, nice weather and tasty beverages, I am still addicted to FTX and planning my next flight, this time from FTX EGPB Sumburgh headed south in my A2A Cherokee, with a destination of FTX EGTR Elstree. See you all in the virtual skies ! :lol:

Merry Christmas to you over there in Cardiff, Sid. Santa should be on his way soon. Cheers.

Thanks Rip! He's just been. He's crossing the pond right now so won't be long now before he's 'wheels' down with you fellows stateside! Have a great day too buddy!

Bruce, word is that you have been good this year. Santa, it seems, maintains a list, which I expect he consulted before using his magic north-pole powers to influence me to such a random act of kindness. Maybe I will do this again next year, for some other unsuspecting soul -- for me it can be a new Christmas tradition of giving to good people far away. As much time as I spend on these forums, why not?

You do contribute a lot around here, partner. A lot of folks appreciate you, I am sure.

I just sent a note to Andres at FSS. If he needs any additional info from you I will PM it over.

Sid, as you for you, I still owe you a tall pint. Either you gotta get to Houston or I gotta get to Cardiff, or we both gotta get somewhere.

Archived