Now I have a (several) Australian WACO(s)...

twsimfan

Hi guys,

I said in this thread...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82937-a-quick-australian-tour-to-test-new-installs/

... that I hadn't been able to find any Australian paints for the Alabeo WACO. Well now I have and a bunch of others as well.

Fn2N1.jpg

I'm only going to show one of the Australian ones I found but I will show other WACO paints and all of them are by the same guy... Jan Kees Blom... he identifies his paints as being by "JK".

qVhkZ.jpg

As you can see his detail is outstanding.

6vnkZ.jpg

All of these WACO shots are in the area around YBLN. Hey... there is my shadow.

8Ney0.jpg

Okay so I just paused P3D and swapped liveries.

8znxA.jpg

The underside.

bd42H.jpg

This skin gives the WACO a nice Stearman like look in my opinion.

4kvj5.jpg

I got a couple of British JK WACO paints.

x7gPI.jpg

WOCO?

fCowM.jpg

I have had this great paint for a long time now but went back and checked and found it is also from JK.

26THC.jpg

I think this blue one is pretty good too.

uQlpN.jpg

Kind of gives the WACO a Decathlon or Pitts type flavor... although the WACO isn't all that great at aerobatics... stay inverted more than a few seconds and you will starve your engine.

BP6mH.jpg

This is one of two NZ JK paints I found.

MKGvH.jpg

Nice sharp detail.

04f.jpg

HDR lighting makes things appear really dark especially when you first begin a flight and at first I thought this one was jet black but as the light balanced out more I saw it was more of a dark brown.

Now for a couple of Richard Louis Cessna C337 Skymaster liveries:

zSXD.jpg

I kind of like using a paint appropriate to whatever country I'm flying over but this Canadian bird is a bit South of the border... this is just North of KTIW.

V7DNd.jpg

The docs with this said it was by "Ricardo" but I'm 99% certain that Ricardo is Richard Louis... if I am wrong then I extend my sincere apologies to Ricardo.

0c9uh.jpg

Here is a cool Aussie one.

cWkIP.jpg

The Skymaster is a bit older than many of my Carenado aircraft but it is still a good one.

X5Sf7.jpg

Now that has to be by Richard Louis... right?

8sqI7.jpg

This is out of Bonners Ferry and this Baron paint is by Gustavo Aguiar.

The rest of these Baron paints are by Ron Atwood.

4CYTf.jpg

That green is perfect for a '66 Jaguar XKE Coupe. I'd love to have a classic XKE... got to drive one once and it cornered like it was on rails. I did own a '69 Triumph GT-6+ when I was in England... kind of a baby XKE.

mHQVe.jpg

This is one of two British Baron liveries I got by Mr. Atwood... I also got a Canadian one but I didn't take any pictures of it.

OnXj1.jpg

You have to love the attention to detail here.

qD9L6.jpg

It kind of looks like she is painted to show a bit of a dirty belly but that is probably just the darkness of the P3Dv2 HDR lighting.

A few bonus shots of Dino Cattaneo's Lockheed S-3B Viking...

HleE4.jpg

I took off from KBFI and that is Elliot Bay. I just downloaded and installed the S-3B today (Friday) but I have been a fan of Dino's T-45C for several years and his F-35 is also outstanding.

ayPDj.jpg

I'm glad to see the bomb bay is empty as I'd hate to have bombs dropping on the beach at Alki Point. ;)

FOfQ.jpg

So OK we have the Space Needle, Lake Union, & beyond that Lake Washington.

Dino Cattaneo's excellent aircraft for FSX & P3D are freeware available at:

http://indiafoxtecho.blogspot.com/

The paints I have shown came from either:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/

or the library at AVSIM. Indeed I saw many of them at both sites.

I am seriously looking for paints for P3Dv2's default Carenado A36 Bonanza if you know where any can be found?

And if possible some for the Carenado SR22 although it comes fairly well equipped out of the box... well there is no box but you know what I mean.

Thank you for looking at my offerings, be well,

Tom Wunder

PS - I took notes but I have been known to mess up names so if I got any names wrong or I attributed anything to the wrong author I am sincerely sorry. :)

Great series of shots showing off the work of some very talented people.

I used to enjoy repainting aircraft in the FS9 days with the Abacus programme, in fact I used to spend as much time repainting as I did flying.

I think a lot of us would like to own a real sports car like an E type or GT-6. I also like the XK series and the Austin Healy 3000 not to mention the early Mustang.

I worked in Park Lane, by The Dorchester, for 3 days back in Jan 1974. I can remember walking past the US Embassy one day during lunch time. I think I can remember seeing you there!!!

Here is a link to some A36 repaints I hope you will find useful. Where does it all end? There are so many repaints out there, I have over 30 just on the A2A 172 and the Virtualcol SAAB pack I brought last week has over 70.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15772/fsx-beechcraft-raytheon-a36-bonanza-xa-jmp/

Hope my rambling has not offended any one.

Hi Tom,

Nice collection of planes and repaints on these very nice shots.

Cheers,

Ruud

Thank you Ruud.

Great series of shots showing off the work of some very talented people.

I used to enjoy repainting aircraft in the FS9 days with the Abacus programme, in fact I used to spend as much time repainting as I did flying.

I think a lot of us would like to own a real sports car like an E type or GT-6. I also like the XK series and the Austin Healy 3000 not to mention the early Mustang.

I worked in Park Lane, by The Dorchester, for 3 days back in Jan 1974. I can remember walking past the US Embassy one day during lunch time. I think I can remember seeing you there!!!

Here is a link to some A36 repaints I hope you will find useful. Where does it all end? There are so many repaints out there, I have over 30 just on the A2A 172 and the Virtualcol SAAB pack I brought last week has over 70.

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/15772/fsx-beechcraft-raytheon-a36-bonanza-xa-jmp/

Hope my rambling has not offended any one.

Thank you for the nice words.

I did some repaints/rebuilds in FU3 but I had a partner who touched up my painting flubs... I was better with the technical part. That was pretty crude stuff compared to these.

I have felt for years that our computers kind of take the place of older hobbies. They replace the old train sets in the basement and the ham radios. I know I spend much more time getting my simulator environment and my

aircraft just as I want them to be than flying. Just like with my old train set when I was a kid.

Of course these days with the smartphones and iPads it is a whole different world. But my old mind isn't up to that stuff... I still use a desktop and a cell that is so old it doesn't even have a camera on it.

My GT-6 was great fun but it was from the British point of view "an export model". The "Plus" model indicated that while their domestic model was dubbed as a "Mark III". I bought it from a guy who had bought it in North

Carolina and had it shipped over. It even had expired NC plates on it that were valid in the UK so long as a US citizen with a US (Washington State in my case at that time) driver's license. Great car but kind of hard to

pass those trucks (lorries?) on the A40 when you are driving from the left side of the car. My wife got a kick out of it though when we'd encounter a policeman directing traffic invariably I would do something to get him

upset (I never knew what) and he'd come over and tap his stick on the window. The wife would roll it down and innocently ask "Yes officer?". When he would scowl she would say but he is driving and point at me. This

always got a growled comment along the lines of "Bloody Americans". I swear that happened at least 3 times.

I owned a '67 Mustang briefly before I went to England. I decided the tax & insurance would be too much with a 289 V8 so I sold it before I left. Great car but I didn't own it long.

The last true sports car I owned was a '88 Mazda RX-7 Convertible. It was great fun but it got kind of long in the tooth so I traded it on a '02 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder (convertible) which I still own & love.

I left for London on a Pan Am 747 from KSEA on January 14th, 1974... with the time change and the worst case of jet lag I ever had it was 2 or 3 days before I got out and around. But to be honest that picture by my

posts is not me. It is my dad's last driver's license photo. He died in March of '74 so he looked pretty much like that at that time but he was never in England. It is odd to realize that he was younger when he passed away

than I am now. I guess there is a resemblance between him and I. It is silly to use his picture but it kind of keeps his memory alive for me.

Using the link you provided I have about 10 A36s downloaded and a few more I'm still working on. But I try them out and keep the ones I like and set the others aside on one of my external drives. I fly over the US, UK,

Australia,Canada, & NZ or I will when NZ finds it's way to P3Dv2 and I like to have a few paints for each country. Then it is always nice to have some neat ones. But I don't like to let it get out of hand. I installed

Dino Cattaneo's S-3B Viking yesterday. It came with 20 liveries. I have it trimmed down to 8 now and I will probably get it down to 5 or 6. But then if/when I find some good ones for other countries I'll add a few.

I just rambled a whole lot more than you did. :)

Tom, your close-up shots of the Waco are fantastic - a new dimension!

Thank you Gerold.

Quite a lot of work goes into your posts Tom!

Enjoying your journey!! Keep 'em coming!

Happy skies!!!

O0

Thanks.

Fantastic paints on all of these birds!

I like the 337 with the "Canada" paint, she's a beauty!

Great shots!

Yeah... I think she is pretty spiffy! :)

Fantastic shots of this great collection of birds Tom!

Thank you Karsten.

Great shots and some great paints by very talented painters.

cheers

Iain

Yes they are talented... they have my envy and my gratitude. ;)

Thank you for those excellent shots, and I am glad you like my paintwork, thank you for that too!

Those are some great paints you have done there sir and I very much appreciate that you have made them available. :)

Archived