IMPORTANT! openLC EU release soon - FTX Global is mandatory, VECTOR recommended

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hybrid mode is a compromise, there's no escaping that, but it mainly designed for tube flyers who won't notice any issues at FL400

Hybrid mode is a compromise, there's no escaping that, but it mainly designed for tube flyers who won't notice any issues at FL400

so John if i only have global,vector,global mesh and the LC when its released will we need to check hybrid mode?

No you don't, it's only needed if you want to fly between full-fat FTX regions and FTX Global/Vector/OLC.

so I ask for a recommendation: I have Australia full-fat and the new AYPY-scenery. I want to fly from Cairns to AYPY and because I'll start in Cairns I'd like to see from the Australia landscape a little bit before I am at high level. AYPY works with global. Should I switch to oceania before flying and if I do so: will AYPY looks in the same way like it does with global?

thanks Kai

I do not want to sound like a dumb ass, but as my C:/  SSD drive is getting filled rapidly, I have a full copy of my FSX sim on my D:/ HDD. Can anyone tell me how to re-direct FTX central towards my D drive for future Open LC installations and away from my C drive..

Thanks Dave .H

so I ask for a recommendation: I have Australia full-fat and the new AYPY-scenery. I want to fly from Cairns to AYPY and because I'll start in Cairns I'd like to see from the Australia landscape a little bit before I am at high level. AYPY works with global. Should I switch to oceania before flying and if I do so: will AYPY looks in the same way like it does with global?

thanks Kai

Use the Hybrid mode.

I do not want to sound like a dumb ass, but as my C:/  SSD drive is getting filled rapidly, I have a full copy of my FSX sim on my D:/ HDD. Can anyone tell me how to re-direct FTX central towards my D drive for future Open LC installations and away from my C drive..

Thanks Dave .H

Did you make a copy of fsx and put it on your d drive? Does fsx normally run from the c drive? If so, you need to uninstall fsx, then reinstall on the drive d. And then install all your addons again.

okay, thanks. Is there a large different in the landscape of Australia, compared to using Oceania?

The answer is [Global - hybrid] for Cairns to Moresby flights, [Oceania] is also OK (some things may be a little different in PNG), but if you want to best from both at the same time, use [Global-hybrid]

That was the first flight I did to arrive at Port Moresby! Used Global-Hybrid, as Tim confirms, and it was so sweet...Will also try it set to Oceania to see the difference but in all honesty Kai, due to Cairns' location, after a short while, you won't really see too much of Australia on that route as you head across the sea...though it made a great first departure flight with my impatience to make my first arrival into PNG before exploring the wonderful bush, rainforest villages...and Kokoda...The vegetation is just awesome...  ::)

Hi, John,

I have Global, global Vector and Global mesh and all Europe regions, so I hope it will be released before my holydays.

Its clear for me, i've understood, I'll have to upgrade my Orbx libraries.

I have Iceland landcalss demo installed. Will the installer manage this situation ?

Best regards 

Hello Ed,

thank´s a lot for the manual prior downloading (soon?) the software. If had read it carefully but won´t understand the following statement in the manual:

"Note that openLC Europe is not the FTX Europe region and selecting it will cause anomalies in the scenery."

I have installed FTX EU England, Ireland and Scotland. When I fly now there, should i apply "FTX Global" or "FTX Europe" i the FTX Central and what would be the differnce?

Many Thanks

Sabrina

Update:

I think I´ve got the solution:

If I own for Example FTX England and fly over there, I have to apply "FTX EU" in Central. If I fly over Germany, I have to apply "FTX Global" in Central to get the Scenery of Open LC Europe because it is implemented there. Right?

Hello Ed,

thank´s a lot for the manual prior downloading (soon?) the software. If had read it carefully but won´t understand the following statement in the manual:

"Note that openLC Europe is not the FTX Europe region and selecting it will cause anomalies in the scenery."

I have installed FTX EU England, Ireland and Scotland. When I fly now there, should i apply "FTX Global" or "FTX Europe" i the FTX Central and what would be the differnce?

Many Thanks

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina,

If flying just in the UK & Ireland select FTX Europe, but if flying in between those countries and Europe, select FTX Global. Because FTX Europe uses a different landclass lookup file, mainland Europe will have some issues if FTX Europe is selected. Remember that openLC is a Global addon and works with our regions, but only when Global is selected.

dear John,

Now we are all salivating following your announcement, and we want to know how the product can be purchased and downloaded...

Cheers!

Philippe

dear John,

Now we are all salivating following your announcement, and we want to know how the product can be purchased and downloaded...

Cheers!

Philippe

Yes put Dropbox on your PC (dropbox.com), and download the Dropbox App (free) from the Apple App Store.

Simply download the manual to your PC, either directly to Dropbox, or move it in. It should then appear in Dropbox on your iPad.

It is cloud-based storage.

I wonder if can I install only one of the regions and run FSX after or is it compulsory install all the four regions to run FSX without issues?

I need some more days to get my new HDD...

Ok, some updates on the sizes. Total of all four installers is just over 9GB. So each installer is between 2 & 3 GB, quite manageable with download managers.

As to just installing the one region, it is possible. Each installer is self contained and can function on its own.

Archived