2nd go 'round at Cairns...

twsimfan

Hi guys,

This is my second joy ride at Cairns. The first went well enough but I felt I needed to use a airplane that was less of a resource hog and I cut back on 1 or 2 settings in the YBCS control panel.

7wNeY.jpg

So I selected an aircraft I thought was appropriate to Australia and that I figured Mr. John Venema might even consider "patriotic" (for ORBX anyway) but you know the saying about "best laid plans"...

cdfj.jpg

This newer version of Iris' Twin Star often will not let me use the mouse on spots that are supposed to be "hot" in the cockpit. I can't get the fuel flowing and I end up burning up the port engine.

3zvib.jpg

So I had to switch to the older version... still from Iris. We pick up a passenger that is kind of cute from this distance... but keeping that distance is the key to keeping the statement true. ;)

2dGsi.jpg

Anyway we close this thing up and go for a quick ride.

dE7Ok.jpg

Going South didn't seem to be the thing to do... got to see the helicopters though.

I think if I had the money to buy a real airplane not to mention the eyesight to get a license to fly one I'd want it to be a Twin Star. Fairly quick and fuel efficient with the safety of twin engines and plenty of storage space. But this version tends to wander around on the ground a bit and it's handling in the air isn't much better and I already told you about Iris' newer one. I spotted one from another publisher recently and I think if I can verify that it is actually not the same one from another middle man I may buy it in a day or two when I buy REX and a few other things. Love the plane but want a better sim of it.

7ntZz.jpg

That old guy with his newspaper sure gets around... last saw him at Sekiu... no no it was at Swanson in Eatonville. ;)

14fqm.jpg

So we are off.

8uwkX.jpg

I love the detail in this scenery.

ksc0i.jpg

Like I said in a day or so I intend to buy REX Essentials+ w/OD and can you imagine how that might improve this view assuming I can figure out how to use it? 

vzP2b.jpg

Usually I put in some color change or crank in some contrast but all of these are straight out of the box with only slight cropping and all have the width changed from 1920 down to 1600.

WtMyb.jpg

I do like the lines of the Twin Star... it is no classic but it does have some style IMO. :)

DoK2E.jpg

Pretty nice view.

8BId9.jpg

Lets check out the city some.

9ZQYB.jpg

With the palm trees, mountains, and fancy hotels this place kind of reminds me of Honolulu but without the volcanic cones. Volcanic cones are cool unless they decide to become active.

I would love to see ORBX FTX come out with Hawaii as a region, Honolulu as a "cityscape", and probably Dillingham as the first HD airport for that region and I do not care that AeroSoft already has done Dillingham since they refuse to provide any support for me to try to recover it after a crash. All I need is the old password and besides FTX could do it better. That is why I promote RealAir products... they jump through hoops to assist their customers.

(I do not mean that to reflect on ORBX FTX one way or the other... obviously I am quite fond of FTX as I have a ton of it and I fully intend to buy more. If I'm not a fan I do not buy more. I do buy FTX.)

hafvt.jpg

Good hills... I like hills.

UuWGi.jpg

The runway lights look a little funky at this angle.

9GRev.jpg

Oooohh... what I wouldn't give to have scenery like this of my home town.  (No not Broomfield although that would be nice too... I mean Tacoma, Washington... like in PNW. ;))

uHsE.jpg

This is so nice...

k0BTG.jpg

Lets run out to the North then set up a landing.

0ioK.jpg

What do they do down there... rice paddies?

4eSW0.jpg

Very cool city.

7mIJz.jpg

Looks like an old runway that has been torn up.

klyXv.jpg

This is good old ORBX weather theme number four.

PY7We.jpg

Pretty place.

P6z4.jpg

This is kind of cool... Iris gives you these PFD & MFD screens floating in mid air in the 2D panel screen and they can be useful even though they aren't all that realistic.

wXkWM.jpg

A nice marina.

JBV8K.jpg

Okay... here we go...

FD1tL.jpg

Yes I am too high but that is a long runway and with this small bird I can do this easily.

kU9L8.jpg

I still need to install and check out the other 5 AU & 2 NZ airports I bought. The process will get held up some as I try to learn how to use REX.

I do hope I haven't put anybody to sleep. For my fellow Americans have a great Independence Day!

Thanks for looking,

Tom Wunder

You are smokin the V-key tonight Tom , great shots from a Orbx favorite . Here is a link that I found useful in the set up of REX OD :

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D68vgWX7e0

Cheers

Brad

Thanks Brad. Actually I was using Fraps not the V key but same difference... got carried away... I tossed out probably 3 times as many as I kept in but still kept too many. It is hard to toss them when you made them.

I have only watched about 3 minutes thus far of that video about REX because it is very late but I'll find a slow moment tomorrow and it looks like it will be very helpful... thanks on that too. :)

Good night,

Tom Wunder

Great shots and narration Tom! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Karsten.

One of my favorite set of yours Tom, keep em coming and happy 4th buddy!

Gee Eric I hadn't thought of you being in Jacksonville... I hope Arthur missed you. Enjoy your 4th and I hope your BBQ doesn't get wet. (Hmmmm I hope it isn't raining in Daytona. NASCAR & rain don't mix well.)

Excellent journey and screenies, looked like fun!!!

Happy flying!

O0

'twas fun! Thanks.

Great set of shots Tom , thanks for sharing ::)

Thank you Mike.

Some great shots my friend!

Thanks Gerold.

Good old Orbx theme #4, the screenshooters' delight.  A real smorgasbord of shots and chit-chat - well done.

Yeah it gives good clouds but still leaves enough visibility to get a few shots. Thanks for the kind comments.

Smashing post Tom.

cheers

Iain

Thank you Iain. :)

Those are all nice shots tom, love to see more of them too! 

Thanks Dolf.

Nice set, thanks for taking us along, you wont know yourself once you have Rex up and running ^-^

I've been watching some videos on how to run REX easily... I dunno... looks kind of complicated for my feeble mind but we give it a great big try.  :o

Archived