A customer service experience

I think when we experience good or bad customer service that it should be shared, and I'm sure we're all aware of some of the less than helpful providers of FS products.  So here's what happened to me last night.

It started with me sending this email to Flightsimstore customer service via their website;

"Hi guys, this is a bit embarrassing, but last night I ordered some ORBX stuff under order FSSxxxxxxx and it included Stapleford Abbotts. That's not embarrassing in itself, it's just that I've already got the bloody thing on DVD! Buying FS stuff after drinking wine leads to this kind of thing I suppose, but I was wondering if there's some way of removing it from the above order and letting me get something else, like maybe Shoreham?

I know it's my fault, but if anything could be done, that'd be handy.

Cheers."

I then followed up their auto reply email with a photo of the bookshelf containing the DVD and this morning I found the following email had arrived;

"hahahaha that’s awesome..

I have updated your order mate

Enjoy! and the Red wine too!

If you want the triple installer for those ORBX products that you do have then you have the option of purchasing a Cross Grade License

Cheers"

And upon checking my account at FSS, I see that that within some 6 hours of my initial message to them, my order now contains Shoreham instead of Stapleford.

I just thought it worth sharing.

The funny thing is, not only that I've had the Stapleford DVD for over a year and never installed it, but that I was actually looking for the CRM DVD to re-install on to my new PC (now almost a year old!) and thinking maybe as the sale is on, I might get Jackson and Yellowstone West to go with it.  Well bugger me, not only do I find I've already got Stapleford, but neatly stacked below it was both Jackson and Yellowstone West too...........and they've never been installed either!

I had a similar self-inflicted screw-up on one of the FTX Regions. Bought Ireland again when I meant to get NIR. Adrian got me sorted right away.

Didn't offer me any wine though, but I was still quite impressed. It was me who should have been sending a bottle to him, for sure.

Nice!... see what drinking can lead too >:D

RealAir once gave me better support that I imagined, when I managed to buy and download the FS9 version of their Citabria, Decathlon and Scout package, rather than the FSX version [no drink involved honest  ^-^ ] I send a support email and within half an hour received a phone call from the developer Rob Young who sorted me out with the FSX version... I hoped they would help, but I certainly did not expect a phone call ^_^

I've only had to contact FSS once, regarding an incomplete address I had entered for a DVD shipment....I think the issue was resolved inside of 5 minutes...if I could only get people I work with to respond so quickly!

It's nice to see FSS get some good press; Adrian has hired three full-time staff in the past year and FSS is growing as fast as Orbx is, so I promise you that they are working very hard behind the scenes to win over happy customers.

Thanks for this post, I am sure Adrian and the team appreciate this feedback!

Great story, and it's good to hear about the good service.  I've always found them very helpful too.  I've also bought things (usually aviation magazines) when I already own them too, and I'm sure we're not the only ones, so don't be too embarrassed.

Cheers,

It's nice to see FSS get some good press; Adrian has hired three full-time staff in the past year and FSS is growing as fast as Orbx is, so I promise you that they are working very hard behind the scenes to win over happy customers.

Thanks for this post, I am sure Adrian and the team appreciate this feedback!

I have had nothing but fast, courteous and professional service from FSS, my supplier of choice. Nice to hear that they are successful and growing. Well done Adrian.Well deserved success!

Archived