No fool like an old fool!

I bought Monterey the day of release (whatever day that was!) For one reason and another I didn't get to fly it until last night.

My first impression? I just PAID for this? Orbx don't doctor their screenshots? Hah! To say I was disappointed was putting it mildly. I was flying online/Teamspeak and was pouring garbage into my mates ear. "Hey, I'm not seeing that, I'm seeing 'beautiful'." he said.

I hadn't installed it. blush.pngmega_shok.giffool.gif

I now also see 'beautiful'.  good.gifbiggrin.png

Read the post with increasing alarm thinking "Wassup why you complainin' yo" but had to laugh when the truth came out.

Made me wonder if there are any punters out there flying around airports they think are ORBX but for some reason have never installed and they're not quite happy but don't know why :-)

I have seen the same thing happen with other products, including photoscenery!

I remember someone bitterly complaining on the Horizon forum many years ago about the poor quality of the scenery; boy was he angry. When he finally managed to post a shot showing default landclass it became obvious he had cocked-up somewhere, but had not noticed this was anything but photoscenery :wacko:

That might have been Ron too ^-^

I remember someone bitterly complaining on the Horizon forum many years ago about the poor quality of the scenery; boy was he angry. When he finally managed to post a shot showing default landclass it became obvious he had cocked-up somewhere, but had not noticed this was anything but photoscenery :wacko:

That might have been Ron too ^-^

Never been a fan of photoscenery, so it couldn't have been me. :)

There's this 88yr old guy sitting on a park bench crying his eyes out.A young chap comes up to him and says 'why are you crying old fella?'.The guy says 'young man,I have a beautiful 23yr old wife,she adores me,we make love three times every night and she is a fantastic cook'.'So why are you crying then,old timer?'..'I have forgotten where I live!'

There's this 88yr old guy sitting on a park bench crying his eyes out.A young chap comes up to him and says 'why are you crying old fella?'.The guy says 'young man,I have a beautiful 23yr old wife,she adores me,we make love three times every night and she is a fantastic cook'.'So why are you crying then,old timer?'..'I have forgotten where I live!'

Jeez! Robespierre, has that joke only just reached where you live? My memory ain't as bad as I thought it was. Well, not far, far distant memory anyway. :P

Maybe you just can't remeber beeing actually a fan of photoscenery? ::)

:lol:

We should not laugh, it comes to us all eventually.... actually it may have started already, as my wife often finds things in the fridge that should be in the cupboard, and vice-versa :mellow:

Could be...But I do remember how to spell 'remember'. ;)

You caught me! When I wrote 'remeber' I suspected that there might be a letter missing, but I just couldn't remember which one... 

:lol:

We should not laugh, it comes to us all eventually.... actually it may have started already, as my wife often finds things in the fridge that should be in the cupboard, and vice-versa :mellow:

The other day I caught myself putting a dish for warming up into the fridge instead of the microwave.

Archived