California Dreamin'

I'm sure these will be the first of many. It takes a lot to tempt me out of my glorious FTX comfort zone of NZNI/NZSI, but my arm was twisted by a generous birthday gift from BobL (!).

What can I say? ORBX have really pulled out the stops with this one. It's been a while since I installed a new ORBX area on my system, so maybe I've missed a few improvements along the way. Things really have moved on!

What impresses me the most aren't the obvious landmarks etc., but the overall attention to detail in ALL the textures - from stony/rocky areas to various types of ploughed fields and coastal water types. There seems to be a greater variety of building objects too, so the urban areas look very varied - and not the usual "autogen carpet". I shudder to think of all the man-hours that go into a project like this, but my word - it's worth it. It's a joy to look at.

This is a *very* short trip around the Bay - just to say  a big "thank you" to Bob - and to everyone that contributed in any way to NA Gold - California.

Early morning on a fairly grey day, so the colours are a little muted. No artificial enhancements of any kind - either in FSX or post-production. FSX/DX10.

ksfo_01_563_1280.jpg

ksfo_02_584_1280.jpg

ksfo_03_400_1280.jpg

Look at the coastline blend between sea and land (below) ... beautiful!
ksfo_04_705_1280.jpg

Bob had his own personal NZ registered C172 ferried over to California just for the occasion!

Adam.

This little C172 has come a long way Adam!

But it certainly was worth all the travel!

Great shots - really like them all and if i had to choose one, then the last one would be my favourite!

:smile:

Congratulations on your fine gift. I have no doubt by your great screenies that you will enjoy it as much as I do. All the ORBX regions are outstanding but I think they pulled out all the stops for NCA. :)

It doesn't matter which side of the road you want - I've turned all the road traffic off :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still totally IN AWE of this area. Not really knowing this part of the world well at all, I haven't a clue where I am - who cares - it all looks absolutely incredible! There seem to be *thousands* of new textures, all of them a joy to look at ... with so much variety in landscape. Every square inch seems to have had "the treatment". It's a masterpiece.

nca_01_516_1280.jpg

nca_07_948_1350.jpg

nca_06_947_1350.jpg

nca_05_900_1350.jpg

Adam.

You have a great eye for excellent shots. Some of the best I have seen in this area.

Thanks for the compliments (and thanks to everyone else).

To be honest - it's almost too easy! NCA is so varied and done in so much detail that you can point your "camera" in any direction in any place and get an amazing shot. Honestly, it's that good - and the reason I haven't filled up this thread with 1,000s of shots is that I'm still too busy sight-seeing!

I've used ORBX FTX areas since the very beginning (AU) and have seen them evolve over the years. I've passed on the latest Alaska areas and maybe missed a stage or two, so the jump in quality seems massive. The team responsible really do deserve a pat on the back for this one.

Adam.

Nice to see you have taken a leap in leaving your homeland behind for a little while and explore the other side of the globe... no place like home though, and i am the same that I like to fly in the UK.

Nice shots too!

Archived