Fire patrol deputy

Stillwater

Well, as Mallard was disregarding his tasks in fire control today, I had to jump in. Took off from Lake Tahoe...

( href='http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77941-various/%C2'>

1xFs.jpg

OK, today the Sierra Nevada does not look like too much of a bushfire risk...

Fx0fr.jpg

... so I took the chance to go south to Yosemite valley ...

Nr0vU.jpg

... and towards White Mountain. You can see Mono Lake in the distance, but it is default FSX scenery  :wacko: ! Changes required...

qazY6.jpg

Long Valley looks much better than Mono Lake (now in the background). Not many bushes for a bushfire here...

0vHKj.jpg

Turning to final at Mammoth Lake ...

BCUmW.jpg

... looks like a soft touch ...

AIVEz.jpg

Mates, get off the plane, for a hot bath!

wuVNZ.jpg

PS: For sure I did not read anything like a manual or so. But if you keep the engines in the green areas, why should you? Descending with the AP is a (reported) problem, but that bird is a pleasure for manual control (I did not even have trouble with an emergency landing halfway on my tour, when I ran out of fuel...). You will see more of this plane!

Great looking shots Gerold and I like your airplane. But keep it away from my "dawgs" if you want to keep free of chew marks. They love their optic yellow tennis balls so much they have come to assume anything in that color belongs to them. Just kidding.... that color is very appropriate to many fire departments. While I worked for the City of Boise in Idaho years ago I bought a heavily used 1961 Ford Econoline Van in a city auction that had been the property of the fire department and was exactly that color. I got it for $150 complete with huge diamond plate steel bumpers fore & aft and lot of scratches, dents, and more than a little rust. The brakes were only fair but that didn't matter because nobody dared pull out in front of that beast. After a few months of using it to transport my wife and my pups from Western Idaho to Eastern Idaho to see my wife's folks a hippy type showed up and wanted to buy it. I told him no a number of times but he kept coming back with a bit more money each time. When he got up to $1,500 I couldn't resist and agreed to part with it provided the cash was up front.

Your shots and your story line are great... pardon my long boing story about that ugly old van. ;)

Best regards,

Tom Wunder

Thanks for your comments, mates!

Beautiful set! :)

More great "high vis" action, need my shades for yours and Mallards shots these days :)

Well, it´s spring anyway!

Fine set these.

cheers

Iain

Fantastic shots Gerold !! .

Cheers

Brad

Great shots Gerold! Agree with you, the Twotter is a great bird to fly manually.

... and now I even learned to get her climb & descend automatically....!

Great looking shots Gerold and I like your airplane. But keep it away from my "dawgs" if you want to keep free of chew marks. They love their optic yellow tennis balls so much they have come to assume anything in that color belongs to them. Just kidding.... that color is very appropriate to many fire departments. While I worked for the City of Boise in Idaho years ago I bought a heavily used 1961 Ford Econoline Van in a city auction that had been the property of the fire department and was exactly that color. I got it for $150 complete with huge diamond plate steel bumpers fore & aft and lot of scratches, dents, and more than a little rust. The brakes were only fair but that didn't matter because nobody dared pull out in front of that beast. After a few months of using it to transport my wife and my pups from Western Idaho to Eastern Idaho to see my wife's folks a hippy type showed up and wanted to buy it. I told him no a number of times but he kept coming back with a bit more money each time. When he got up to $1,500 I couldn't resist and agreed to part with it provided the cash was up front.

Your shots and your story line are great... pardon my long boing story about that ugly old van. ;)

Best regards,

Tom Wunder

Well, that sounds like a deal, Tom. With a car in radioactive colours. Fantastic story! Do you know if he survived the brakes...?

I don't know Gerold... hopefully he got the brakes fixed but with that huge diamond plate steel bumper on the front pulling out in front of it was kind of like pulling out in front of a railroad steam engine with a big cow catcher on the front. Not a wise thing to do. When I owned it my wife and I used to joke that we wished somebody would pull in front of us so their insurance company could buy us a new vehicle. A '61 Econoline was boxy at best when they were new and this one was far from new. The Boise Fire Department had those bumpers made to bump things out of the way with at fire scenes... like people blocking fire hydrants... and they were kind of intimidating. We would see people start to pull out in front of us at stop signs then think better of it and wait for us to pass. It was kind of like a big ugly brick that nobody wanted to be in the way of.

In that color nobody could claim that they hadn't seen it.

Besides I think the guy wanted the van more to live in than drive. He had a late 1950s VW Microbus that was literally falling apart that seemed to contain all of his worldly possessions. Far too much information on a van I haven't owned in about 30 years.

I really did enjoy your pictures, thanks,

Tom Wunder

Thanks for your support!

It's not wildfire season but you watch and you are meadows.  ;)

Great shots !!! 

This livery is on fire. Watch out!

Indeed a nice contrast to sky & trees.

Amazing set of shots Gerold!!

Adam

Superb shots Gerold!

Stay clear of FSX default sceneries and everything will be okay ;)

And:

But if you keep the engines in the green areas, why should you?

:D

Correct, the default demon must be avoided!

Excellent set and story Gerold, but....
....what is a manual?

;D !

Always good to know someone is at your side! Nice pics!

Cheers

Mallard

At your disposal.

Beautiful shots Gerold !

Archived