[WORLD DEBUT!] "Portal", the official FTX Australia trailer video now online!

John Venema

Posted Image

World debut!

Well it's taken nearly two years for a team of 30+ people to cover the entire continent of Australia, and it was only until AU RED was finished that we could finish off this project, which Andreas Paschen and I have been working on for over four months or so.

This is in my humble opinion, Andreas' finest hour, and a masterpiece of FS video production. Using my very hard-nosed design guidelines and constant critique, he made was I thought was impossible - possible. Using a 'portal' concept, the video will take you on a magical discovery tour of all four regions of Australia. It really does bring home just how much of a transformation FTX makes to the default terrain.

If you have any friends who have doubted what FTX can do, this is one video to show them! :)

So sit back, grab a cuppa and enjoy!

Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/3179947

You can download the original HD 200MB WMV video from the bottom of the Vimeo page - just scroll down for the link - well worth it!

Youtube

John, what an AWESOME video!!!! ;D If that doesn't want you to buy FTX areas, that I don't know what would. If I wasn't already flying from YSCH to YMLT as I watched the video, I would not be typing this, but hastily loading up a flight in FSX to go flying in FTX land! Simply amazing work....ALL THE TIME! 8)

Holy smoke.. gotta be a world first.. if this doesn't get Bill gates off his ass nothing will.. hope you have sent him a link.Teecee.

Ps: getting "permission denied" on the HD download..

Thx TC - yeah I tried embedding the download link but it does not work from here - just visit the bottom of that Vimeo page again and download it from your own browser instead.

Wow, that was cool!  Nice work guys!  I especially liked the transitions from standard FSX to FTX scenery.  If I didn't already own all of the AU regions, I'd sure be buying them after watching the video!

I gotta be honest, I spent most of the time watching that video with my mouth open. The combination of music and video was excellent. Fantastic work!

You may need to give a list of places you were flying over. I was watching that seaplane land and wondering where the heck it was. Looked really nice.

Just too good for current superlatives to express. I propose that a new term be coined....."holy wow!"

Great effort. Great advert. Hope it goes viral. All your ducks are lining up for a successful launch for PNW.

WOW :o what a difference!! how did we all live without FTX :P Great video team!! I enjpyed it heaps!!

i think we need more vids like this (maybe one for each region/airport??) just a thought though!!

again great vid and great scenery!!!!!!!!

would be great if it went Viral with that many people seeing it your sure to get sales ;D

cheers,

Brilliant  ;D

Words, sentences and paragraphs tell how great ftx is but this trailer has just blown away everything ever written.All the people involved should be proud of what they are part of....history of flight simulations.

I'll just sit back, smile and enjoy the ride.  :)

:P........ :o........ :P

I'm lost for words!

I always thought the FTX videos were up there with the best of FS videos I seen online, but this is simply fantastic. If there was ever a category for best CG Short Film at the Oscars this would win hands down.

Take a bow, well done, well done!

Archived