[WORLD DEBUT!] "Portal", the official FTX Australia trailer video now online!

John Venema

Fantastic work! I also had lots of goosebumps! Great choice of music and nice to include the DC-3 in one of the hero shots with its distinct engine roar: goosebumps²!

In all fairness though: I believe you cranked the the autogen setting pretty far down on the FSX default scenes to stretch the point a little further. I've seen lots of flat building textures where normally a 3D building would stand. ;)

Judging by the comments, there really is very little left to say.

It's bloody wonderful!

I was like Tim with the mouth open the whole way.

Fantastic piece of promotional work. I think you guys shood be in advertising.....no, hang on a minute, they make crap products look good. You guys just make great products greater!

Well done.

Frank

No surprises there LOL! I was suprised to see it last 24 hours, hehe!

Avsim actually banned me and blocked three IP addresses after I posted links to A2A's B377 promo video.  Lucky thing my ISP assigns a new IP with every MAC, and I just needed to enter a new MAC on my router to get back in.  So lookout people!!!  :D

As to Portal, when I watched that video only one thing came to mind:  I saw a national TV commercial advertising Orbx scenery under MS's FSNext Umbrella.

I'm thinking if MS can make a more user friendly product, with deeper environmental immersion, while maintaining capacities for advanced systems modeling, FS could be better than ever, and having Orbx Regions available as an easy Xbox Live style purchase/download would blow the doors open to mass market FS uptake.  I mean after seeing that video, I can't imagine anybody but old ladies not wanting to play around a bit in the FTX world. 

I think Orbx needs to be MS's primary partner if they are indeed planning to cash in with 3rd party umbrella companies, and if I didn't know better I'd say there is a conspiracy happening to make that a reality, as it makes too much sense for that not to be the case. lol  After all, Orbx has the talent and capacity to sell FS more so than FS it's self.

Usually I don't comment but now is a time to put an end into it. I am shocked! This is the most amazing aviation video I have ever seen in my life! The idea about the water (or mirrors) with its own picture/reflection got me on my knees. Thank you very much John.

Archived