PMDG FedEx MD11 Bound to Yakutat

Orbxtreme

Hi, on this trip from Ketchikan to Yakutat, I used the PMDG MD11. I know FedEx don't fly there with a MD11. But I do. And since it's my preferred aircraft among all, it's with pleasure that you are invited to a flight towards that newly available Orbx airport.

bC9M.jpg

uQFd.jpg

RZbN8.jpg

0NZ5I.jpg

Zhgw5.jpg

YhIqP.jpg

With the possibility to use 50 degrees of flaps, which is being done, we are set for the approach. Normally the pilot would really feel the vibration due to the increased turbulence created by that amount of flaps, but I guess there is nothing in the PMDG program that allows you to feel it.

bV4wr.jpg

Final runway 29

14lNv.jpg

A bit of crosswind, but that's nothing for this aircraft

3HR21.jpg

giZS.jpg

hrvNP.jpg

iVjkW.jpg

Avoiding the nose of the DC3 would be a sign of good airmanship

qRTZG.jpg

Still taxiing. Plenty of place to do a 180 in a few seconds. Thrust must be used with real care here if FedEx doesn't want to have all the american lawyers on its back.

4f8je.jpg

One more 90 degree turn

D2F5q.jpg

There it is. Parked for the next hour or so.

uUDsO.jpg

SWoM3.jpg

The final shot, where a local photographer has been sent to the airport for a picture of the MD11, while there are still some in the FedEx fleet.

IJfc.jpg

That's all folks. Hope you enjoyed the flight. Cheers!

Squeezed in there with the 737 still on the pavement! I bet the MD-11 is a big step up in cargo capacity from the usual 734 combi-freighter that does the runs from Cordova and Juneau. 

Now can it get out?  8)

A big step up indeed. But it's not fuel efficient and starting 2015, FedEx will slowly start phasing out the MD11. Other than that, in Yakutat, the runway is way long enough for the take-off. It's always a matter of wind, elevation, temperature, moisture, cargo and fuel weight. You did a good job here in Yakutat. Lovely place. I like the guy who waits for aircrafts to take a picture ^-^ .

Archived