NEW!: CYSE Squamish, BC for FSX, P3D and P3Dv2

I'm happy to let you know that CYSE Squamish, BC is ready for beta with some important updates.

Squamish will be fully P3Dv2.2.1 compatible with full ObjectFlow functionality. Designed to take advantage of the wide range of Prepar3Dv2 features including cloud shadows, Squamish is a highly immersive and comprehensive enviroment. CYSE is intended to be state-of-the-art sim.

If you followed the previous preview thread you have already seen quite a few shots of the airport, college and general locaiton. I've included some new material below to show you the level of detail you can expect to see throughout the location.

I'll be available to answer all of your questions, so feel free to post.

All shots taken in Prepar3Dv2.2.1 utilizing a range of lighting, weather and seasons. All screenshots are un-retouched...

CYSE_beta_63_zps0a4b5364.jpg

CYSE_beta_68_zpsaa006054.jpg

CYSE_beta_67_zps1f6b340f.jpg

CYSE_beta_58_zps91e049bd.jpg

CYSE_beta_57_zpsce7c1e44.jpg

CYSE_beta_48_zps3f047c3c.jpg

CYSE_beta_44_zpsceb019d5.jpg

CYSE_beta_55_zps79cb4113.jpg

CYSE_beta_54_zps0681b67d.jpg

CYSE_beta_53_zps1c2d5f18.jpg

CYSE_beta_59_zpsfdae8007.jpg

CYSE_beta_60_zps4c55d4e2.jpg

CYSE_beta_45_zps6d7bf8ef.jpg

CYSE_beta_61_zpsc93c292b.jpg

CYSE_beta_42_zpsc4de453b.jpg

CYSE_beta_22_zpsdf479f2d.jpg

CYSE_beta_41_zpsd1a6555f.jpg

CYSE_beta_71_zps7792e054.jpg

CYSE_beta_69_zps6bfedac8.jpg

CYSE_beta_73_zps5c9e5e00.jpg

CYSE_beta_70_zps6c6dc1a8.jpg

CYSE_beta_74_zpsb94cef05.jpg

CYSE_beta_76_zpsfcac48b9.jpg

CYSE_beta_78_zpsde71cbf9.jpg

CYSE_beta_79_zpsc8c5efec.jpg

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also can I add a few comments ...

Firstly, an admission:  Squamish BC is my all-time FAVOURITE place on the whole planet in the sim, bar none. The sheer walls of the surrounding peaks, the town, docks, airport, golf course, university - they all mesmerised me back in FS9 and became more immersive in FSX.

It was only when Gordon released Tipella that I grabbed him as my "muse"; here was a developer (also an 'artist') who understood the subtleties of how to capture an environment and create almost a "sim within a sim". The stars then aligned when Holger sourced some great imagery (not cheap though!) which would give Gordon the pallette to work with.

Finally with LM working on key features I have lobbied them for some time, including cloud shadows, we have a platform which is going to elevate our favourite hobby to the next level!

I have no doubt that CYSE will be one of the hits of 2014 for us, mainly because PNW is our best selling region and has a great enthusiastic customer base, but also because this is what we want to show the world is possible with P3Dv2.2 onwards, with full ObjectFlow support and a living environment which screams reality.

If you you are not yet aboard the P3D2 bandwagon, you soon will be; FSX can never render this place in the same way. Study the screenshots and look how the way light plays with object and grass creates a whole new level of reality.

Welcome to the future; now ...

If you you are not yet aboard the P3D2 bandwagon, you soon will be; FSX can never render this place in the same way. Study the screenshots and look how the way light plays with object and grass creates a whole new level of reality.

Welcome to the future; now ...

i have no card,only paypal.....i can not buy p3d,

a friend has send them a mail,if he can buy it for me,no answer from p3d...thank´s

Welcome to the future; now ???...so not for me and others they use only pay-pal.............

is there a plan that you can buy p3d at FSS?  if not,so i stay away then............

i am happy with dx10 and stay with this,but buy only america regions in future........saves a lot money then .........lol.

thanks

Hi Gordon,

simply wow and a definitely must have for me as a big P3D2 fan. I have just one question though, is this chopper pad capable for helicopters MTOW=12000 lbs/5400kg or will it break ;)

No seriously great scenery and a real good job done on that one!!!!

This looks amazing! Credit card is poised. One question...are these DX10 or DX9 shots? If DX10 will my DX9 rig give pretty much the same quality?

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don

the screenies above are DX11 cause P3D2.x is DX11 ONLY so you need a GFX card that is DX11 capable for ex. nVidia GTX660 ti and above think that GTX5 series is also DX11 capable.

Check out the LM forums for more info about hardware. :)

Wow, Just wow!! Well done Gordon.

JV, I must admit sometime your comments are a little sharp for my liking (dont ban me from the site 8)) Saying that I believe in ORBX and your leadership and know you also want things just as quick as us fans/supporters but know when the right time to release information or products for that matter.

I cant wait to have this and many more from Gordon in my Sim.

Kind regards

Marc 

John, I have to say that your comments on this thread re: P3Dv2 being the future gave me a really nice positive vibe.  I had thought that we'd lost the way a little, but things are taking on a nice positive feel again and the P3Dv2.2/2.2.1 shots are brilliant.  Thanks for sticking with it.

All the best to you and your developers.

Regards,

Sim.

Wow - Tipella on steroids . :D :D

Cheers

Brad

This, so much this. A new star is rising.

I just saw my new base of operations.

Now, I must get Vacouver+ into P3D2 and wait for Tipella.

All of these shots are DX11 in a variety of setups. Shot #2 for instance is generic P3Dv2.2 "fair weather" with modified cloud height. Use that as a barometer of "stock' performance in V2.

I'll post up some DX10 comparison screens from FSX. I strongly suggest using the DX10 fixer for FSX, the performance benefits are like night and day. Check your card for compatibility.

Helo pad: I left it small for the sightseeing operation that once occupied this particular space. Other pads around Squamish can handle the larger aircraft. I'll look forward to some "Elvis" shots from the helo guys.

FSX, P3D1 and P3D2 will all have a comprehensive Control Panel with options to turn on and off the various components. If you are only flying you don't really want to see all of the static cars on the ground so those can be switched off...same for the marina or river environments. All of the environments are fully detailed so it's important to become familar with the CP features.

The Squamish River is it's own environment with full vegetation including log debris and contoured sand bars. The terrain mesh is hyper accurate, so you have to pick your landing zones well when operating bush aircraft here. The sand bars and shoals retain their real world "lumps". The best areas for landing are the darker sand beaches that have been smoothed by the water and tides.

Water landings on the river must be approached with real world strategy. Overfly the LZ scanning for debris and shallow areas. Landing in white water wil result in dragging bottom and you may become stranded on the rocks.

The Marina is basically a second airport with fully functionial ammenities. The helo pad, beaching ramp and hangar all feature "platforms" that allow parking. Aircraft can be taxied up the ramp and parked in the hangar. There is a full functioning water runway with start points at either end. There is also a ramp at the dock area. You can spawn into the sim at all three locations. The airport designation for water operations is YSE. No navaids for the water, but the NDB can be vectored for GPS navigation.

The place is pretty awesome...John Venema gave me complete creative freedom here, so I really pushed the envelope.

PNW is triple installer now Greg.

Once we release Squamish I'll update Tipella for the triple installer as well. The flight from Squamish to CBB7 is a natural.

The canyon routes from CYVR to CYSE are real flying if you're scud running. Really fun stuff.

I'll include some routes in the manual.

Really beautiful shots. :)

But I can't help thinking of the 2002 movie "Insomnia" with Al Pacino. The plot supposedly took place in a tiny Alaska town during the never ending Summer days you find in such places. In fact it was largely filmed in Squamish & Stewart. Very weird movie... very lovely towns. I have Stewart and Squamish will be hard to resist.

On a slightly negative note... were those rail cars without benefit of rail tracks I saw? There will be tracks?

All kidding aside thanks for the great shots,

Tom Wunder

Really beautiful shots. :)

But I can't help thinking of the 2002 movie "Insomnia" with Al Pacino. The plot supposedly took place in a tiny Alaska town during the never ending Summer days you find in such places. In fact it was largely filmed in Squamish & Stewart. Very weird movie... very lovely towns. I have Stewart and Squamish will be hard to resist.

On a slightly negative note... were those rail cars without benefit of rail tracks I saw? There will be tracks?

All kidding aside thanks for the great shots,

Tom Wunder

Hi Tom,

The beta model is mainly to test performance and basic wiring of the technology. I have not included much of the clutter and detail that develop the scene until I have a performance baseline from our beta team. Once I know my "budget" the details like rail tracks (where applicable) will be added to the final model.  I've got the art and textures already developed for this and other detail features.

These layers will be switchable at the Control Panel. If you wish to be on the ground at the West Coast Railway Heritage Park, that area can be switched on or off. The basic idea is to provide a high level of detail without killing overall performance.

Stunning...

One question without meaning to sound silly...

John mentioned 2.2.1.. what's that when we haven't had 2.2 yet?.

The team are working with LM beta versions of P3D. The most current is 2.2.10287.0.

What John or I meant was that CYSE is compatible with the most current build of P3D. I don't recommend backwards compatibility for early V2 builds. This is a high tech sim and everyone should run the most current builds as they are released. 2.2.1 should go public any day. Follow the LM blogs to stay up to date.

The environment is changing daily and sometimes hourly, so we are constatnly evolving the design to accomodate new additions. The latest build introduced cloud shadows, which necessitates a serious evaluation of the settings, light and overall art that contributes to the design. The autogen management revisions in 2.2.1 are another huge factor that I am evaluating.

Squamish is literally a project being finalized "on the fly". I'm releasing the beta at this time because we now have FTX Global, Global Vector w/Pilots Mesh, ORBX PNW and P3Dv2.2.1 (and counting) fully integrated and wired into this release. That was a ton of extra testing, tweaking and changes to add to an already agressive design concept.

The latest LM build has brought P3D to a level that John, the testing team, the other devs and I have high conficence in.

CYSE Squamish FSX/P3D/P3Dv2 has a solid 3-way platform and is ready to fly.

Oh man, they've finally got cloud shadows?! I hope to be able to build a system that can handle P3D maybe next year. I'm stuck in FSX, which isn't so bad with the Orbx upgrades. It will hold me over until then.

Nice work guys, it's really looking like an outstanding environment for simming. :)

Thank you Gordon...

Very informative reply.

I must say it appears the initial niggles that 2 presented have now finally been overcome and from 2.2 onwards it seems it really is going to take off (No pun intended)

All screenshots look superb. 

PNW is triple installer now Greg.

Once we release Squamish I'll update Tipella for the triple installer as well. The flight from Squamish to CBB7 is a natural.

The canyon routes from CYVR to CYSE are real flying if you're scud running. Really fun stuff.

I'll include some routes in the manual.

Sorry - confused myself....I am hoping that I can get CYBD to be triple (of course also Tipella) hell the whole world to be frankly honest...Thanks for all your hard work.

Wow Gordon,

I expected to see some beautiful country around Sqammish but you've made a beautiful destination. I will get this one and have fun exploring.

Cal

... Full ObjectFlow ... in P3D2!

Did I miss something over the last days?

Superb stuff, Gordon!

I did some flying form the PNW-Default Squamish through the Valleys in the last days in P3D 2.1 in the C-47 and it was really really nice. Looking forwar to P3D 2.2 to set the Vegetation to max though...

Archived