Freeware NA GA Traffic 1.2 Update: Redding

G'day everyone,

As we put the final spit and polish on Redding in preparation for release, Graham Eccleston and I would like to show a few screenshots of a little something we've been quietly working on in the background; NA GA Traffic update 1.2. This small update to the highly popular freeware FTX NA GA traffic package will add a bunch of updates, most of which will be populating Redding (KRDD) and Benton Field (O85) with GA, corporate and Fire Attack AI. The Version 1.2 update is currently in testing and shouldn't be too far away from release.

Cheers,

Jarrad

9munU.jpg

utmiH.jpg

no84x.jpg

HS02s.jpg

aZpQ.jpg

38l1b.jpg

wUP7Z.jpg

Uj09c.jpg

O8M0c.jpg

PSsop.jpg

MQ2lI.jpg

JKCak.jpg

Hi guys,

Any plans to stretch the general AI coverage to whole Orbx-covered west coast? They are great to have on PNW area, but my sky turns quiet (except from WoAI airliner traffic) when getting further away from there.

Fantastic guys, really looking forward to this one!!! Looks like it will be an exciting place to fly in and out of, especially during the  fire season, which in California is being to look like it is all year...

Cheers

Martin

Unfortunately the BT-67 you refer to is a fully flyable model which would bring your system to it's knees if used as an AI aircraft.

I know I took about 600 images for that project and created the textures.

But I think it should be possible to downsize it to an AI aircraft.

I'm going to ask Manfred for the source model.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong here, because I might), but AI helicopters and FSX is not a really good working combination, as they taxi and take off just like normal fixed-wing aircraft, and for that reason addon makers always omit AI helos, otherwise they would look unrealistic.

Guys,

I have a question.

Like most of us I have NA GA Traffic 1.1 and AU Traffic 4.1 installed.

This NA GA Traffic 1.2 looks great but it appears to be for KRDD only. Not to mention that it is for GA traffic.

I have purchased and downloaded KRDD but I haven't found the time to install it yet.

BUT while flying in NCA I have on two occasions landed on KSFO runway 28L. (That runway & I are old friends from the Denver UATC in 2004 but that is another story.)

The first time I landed there in NCA I had to wait in line behind a UAL 747-400. The 2nd time one had just cleared the runway and was headed to the terminal to park alongside it's twin.

I have no commercial traffic add-on other than what ORBX provides. You guys say that a 3rd party commercial version of KSFO airport is available but I do not have that either.

So why for and how come do I suddenly have UAL traffic at KSFO? I am not complaining mind you... thrilled would be a better description of my reaction.

So has ORBX FTX expanded Traffic in NCA (or NA in general?) to include commercial airliners? And if so why not tell us about it? Or did I miss something (again)?

Also KSFO now has a building which appears to be a aircraft maintenance facility marked "UNITED AIR LINES". I do not recall FSX having default facilities with real airline names before.

Comments please. ?? ?? ??

Thanks,

Tom Wunder

Hi Mike,

I do indeed have AI international flights ticked in the AU traffic control panel. Also the two items which follow it. Only thing not ticked is FSX default traffic.

I have to say that I find this a very pleasant surprise. :)

Thanks for the information,

Tom Wunder

So I assume that in order to have this, I have to have Redding and in order to use Redding I can't use P3D 2.1 ? Bummer...

G'day Greg,

This traffic update doesn't require Redding as such; we didn't test it without but there is no reason it shouldn't work. That said however, the freeware NA AI is also not compatible for P3D2, so the roundabout answer is no, you won't be able to use the AI update in P3D2 irrespective of Redding. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived