Just when you thought it was safe to go out ...

Adam Banks

For all you Airtruk fans out there (all one of them) ... we bring you something TWICE as ugly (if that were possible!) - two Airtruks bolted together with a Dyson vacuum cleaner in the middle.

This is "Airtrukski" (my name) ... the Polish "update" of the original Airtruk "concept". This may be from the same people that brought you that other beauty - the PZL "Wilga" - so we know what to expect :lol:. Great to see Poland raising the design standards bar again!

airtrukski_01_1280.jpg

airtrukski_02_1280.jpg

This is an extract from the Wikipedia entry for "Belphegor" (it's true name):

"In demonology, Belphegor is a demon, and one of the seven princes of Hell, who helps people make discoveries. He seduces people by suggesting to them ingenious inventions that will make them rich."

Says it all, eh? :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the real masochists among you, follow this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL_M-15_Belphegor

I suppose it'll be a long wait before A2A does an Accusim version for us. Maybe PMDG? I think not :lol:

Adam.

Great shots of a very unique aircraft Adam.My late Dad went to the UK back in the late 70s for an ag pilots conference and this aircraft was there.I can remember him saying it was the weirdest concept in an ag aircraft he had seen.Personally give me Chooks Roost(Airtruk) any day.

A bit like the truck built by Citroen in the sixties which was also commonly known as Belphegor

Good find!

She is a beauty Adam , I think she belongs in this video :

Famous old clips - but amazing nevertheless!

My late Dad went to the UK back in the late 70s for an ag pilots conference and this aircraft was there.I can remember him saying it was the weirdest concept in an ag aircraft he had seen.Personally give me Chooks Roost(Airtruk) any day.

I love the "Chucks and Roost" bit. Is that because they end up in a field being used as a hen house?

In case people have forgotten what the original Airtruk looked like (heaven forbid!!!), here we go:

airtruk_01_1280.jpg

airtruk_02_1280.jpg

airtruk_03_1280.jpg

Adam.

Archived